Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Adepts of Weyard forums.

This is the community for The Adepts of Weyard, a Golden Sun fansite. People are welcome to hang out and chat with the rest of us.

The forum is moderated by a staff which participates fully in the community. The chat box is also moderated by the friendly local djinni.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, log in and join the party!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A sick Event...
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 06:06 AM (826 Views)
labouka
Member Avatar
Ruler of Black Holes
Alright, right up until now we all knew four events that were transfered with the game data on TLA from GS1:

1. The Vault thieves Event.
2. The Feizhi/Hsu Event.
3. The Colloso warriors Event.
4. The Hammet rescue Event.
And a 5th one that is rarely known, when you defeat Deadbeard and some pirates in TLA discuss how Isaac became the King of the Pirates by doing so.

But it turns out a 6th Event exists and can be transfered too, and it is even less known than the Deadbeard Event:

The Dora Event!

This event is activated when you visit Dora when she is sick, right after Mogall forest, along with Garet's family.
Your reward? An extra piece of dialogue between Isaac and Kyle at the ending of TLA.

After I saw a couple of videos on youtube, I first noticed the difference at that time.
Then I did a carefull search around the internet to confirm around my results. I double-checked them in order to avoid uneccesary fuss if, like Phimi said on the Chat, it might just be a US/EU version difference (as it turns out the differences lie in some Item's names and nothing more). It seems that others have spotted this one too but it's only a handfull of them...

So in order to notify all GS fans who view this, I made this topic, accompanied by the 2 videos which mark the difference in dialogue.

*Warning! Event Spoilers* (this is for anyone who hasn't yet achieved data transfer...shame to ruin the fun eh?)

This is the original ending, without the Dora Event (view from 3:40 for the Isaac/Kyle dialogue):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTHfkZtwnA&feature=related

And this is the video that shows the extra dialogue in question (view from 4:40 for the Isaac/Kyle dialogue):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8h4CcfYxiI&feature=related

As it can be clearly seen, there IS an extra piece of dialogue between the two...

So post your thoughts and comments on this easy-to-miss Event, and remember kids:

Always visit your sick mother after an evil forest, so you can talk with your dad about it at the end of a big journey and be worried sick because of it too... :P

PS: If anyone thinks that Caz should add a page considering the transefered Events from GS1 to TLA on her TAOW site, raise your hands so we can vote...

EDIT: Posting some of the sites that confirm of the Dora event among the experiences of other fans:

The references are among the post. Search carefully.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/47740281
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/goldensun/show_msgs.php?pid=468548&topic_id=m-1-36988652

And this Walkthrough mentions it on the codes section of it, Appendix E:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/faqs/44287
It turns out that I got confused regarding on when I visited Dora on my first playthrough. I visited her twice during Suhalla but did not remeber the first one with the dialogue in question. Guess Phimi was right that the dialogue is still available even after progressing further from Mogall. But still I don't think that the visit before Mogall activates the event. That visit seems to be "the regular" visit and the Dora one is a special one...
Edited by labouka, Sep 21 2011, 02:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SailorLi
Member Avatar
Mirrorshipper

I never transfered data from GS1 to TLA, because I didn't have possibility...I was the only kid in the neighbourhood with GBA. I had to write down password.

Labby has made this thread, because we were talking about transefered events on chat and I didn't know about Dora and Deadbeard. I didn't notice these extra dialogues, so we thought that some people didn't know about them either.

Thanks for posting all of them, Labby :)

Phimi
Member Avatar
Mehz.
Considering the dialogue with Dora in the first game, I'd have thought the extra line would have come from talking to Dora before Mogall Forest, as afterwards, she seems fine,a bit under the weather, but before, she says "Who are you? You can't be... You're not Isaac, are you?" (If Isaac says yes) "Isaac... That's a lie! He promised not to return until he fulfills his mission. My Isaac would keep his promise. ...Go away."

Seems to me Isaac would only say she seemed really sick the last time he saw her if the last thing she said to him was that above.

labouka
Member Avatar
Ruler of Black Holes
Oh this does not seem to be the case. On my first playthrough's on both GS games (and I did transfered between them) I didn't get to visit Dora right after Mogall, but rather while I was in Imil, during Mercury. I visited a second time but that was during the Suhalla desert passing.

On both occasions Dora said what you mentioned, Phimi, and I got the original ending when I data transferred.

This concludes that the visit to Dora after Mogall can be missable and it's one-of-a-time, much like the Thieves and the Hsu Events. And then...we won't know if we don't try, right? Good think I am doing a second playthrough on both games. But this time I got to visit Dora right after Mogall so when I finish TLA we will know for sure.

Maybe Angel can do it, too, now that he is replaying GS1. So we can double-check the results.
I just don't know if he did visit Dora...

Phimi
Member Avatar
Mehz.
You pass through Suhalla desert after Mogall Forest, right?

So my point still stands. Dora only changes what she says after Mogall Forest, at which point it stays the same for the rest of the game. So we need a playthrough where someone has only spoken to Dora before passing Mogall Forest.

EDIT: I've just been on my file for TBS, which is after Suhalla Desert, and Dora doesn't say what I put in the last post, so the extra line must definitely arise from only speaking to Dora prior to crossing Mogall Forest. What Dora says immediately after Mogall Forest is the same as what she will say whenever you go back to her after that.

Ths is of course only assuming that this difference arises this event, and not a difference between US and EU versions.
Edited by Phimi, Sep 21 2011, 01:46 PM.

Darkceus
Angel
This seems really interesting! ^^ I think I will try this out once I go through another play through. Is this event proven yet? :O

labouka
Member Avatar
Ruler of Black Holes
From quite a few people, as one can see in the links provided.

MadMustache
Member Avatar
How do forums work again?
Huh, I never noticed that was an extra piece of dialogue in the second game, just cuz I always transfer my data so it didn't seem out of the ordinary. Nice catch Lab.

Kyarorain
Member Avatar
Administrator

Hmm, maybe I should make an events page. Good idea.

patatas
Member Avatar
Lord
I didn't notice that! oAo

Kyarorain
Member Avatar
Administrator

Hmm. I never did get round to making a page, did I. I'll file it under ideas and forget all about it again.

Replaying TLA will be a pain *sob* ... Oh, and I'd need to put in the password for the events if I was playing a rom. x_x Otherwise, how else can I take pictures?

labouka
Member Avatar
Ruler of Black Holes
I got a friend of mine just a month ago to start playing TLA and she just now got the ship and roams the seas. She went through the Thieves event, but she can still help me get pictures of the other events, as she is also playing them on a ROM. Think that would help, Kaz? :)

Kyarorain
Member Avatar
Administrator

I guess that would be helpful.

It wouldn't take long for me to beat the first game, so I could get early TLA stuff quickly. I'm just a busy bee at the moment. @_@

Relucent
Member Avatar
Warrior
I'm also currently replaying the original games and pretty close to starting TLA, if there's anything specific you'd want screenshots of I'd gladly help!

« Previous Topic · Golden Sun: The Lost Age · Next Topic »
Add Reply