Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
WE RIDE!; ...into RPs.
Topic Started: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:41 pm (265 Views)
Eaume
Member Avatar

Title says it all. 8D Mebbe.

Anyone in Dar-Debon wanna play? 8D?

Maybe a GRP or an initiative? Lore-Master is always good...hm. Could do Without A Paddle or Thrill of Pursuit, I guess...don't really have any plots in mind...her desc & history pretty much say it all for right now, regarding Eaume...

So throw ideas at me. 8D
Edited by Eaume, Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 am.
Online Profile Quote To Top

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

I would be interested in an RP - do you think Pyx or Rynn would be a good fit with Eaume?
Offline Profile Quote To Top

Eaume
Member Avatar

Heh. Well, just from reading his desc, the two would be a tactical match made in Celestia.

But tactics aside, he could work. 8D Any ideas? They're both minstrels of a sort, though neither is truly a minstrel. They both seem to be some form of wanderer, each with their own skills drawn from one place or another. Could be interesting.

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

I can arrange for Pyx to be lost in the Debon Plains easily enough. He would be pretty helpless on his own. Perhaps Eaume could serve as a guide and help Pyx make contacts for trading in the region? If Eaume is interested in leaving the Plains Pyx could possibly be be of some help to her in return, though he can also pay her if she prefers.

Any thoughts?

Eaume
Member Avatar

Well, I dunno how familiar she'd be with coin (if at all). I've always had the impression that the clans are traders, mostly. Her people trade produce from a local mine - metalwork, mostly - for vegetables, oats/grains, and other things since they don't farm. She's currently...well away from her home and not on friendly terms with her brother, so...yeah. XD But she certainly might know a few clans, or know of them.

As to leaving the plains, I dunno. If she ever makes her way as far as Taras, she'll probably take up fighting in the Arena there for coin. But at this point, she's just wandering. I don't think she knows there IS something beyond the plains, except for talk from other people about the vaguish goings-on beyond Dar-Debon.

Arthur
Member Avatar

Arts not doing anything at the moment and then I have Alex who is my new char. Hes not doing anything.

Alex is a dispassionate mercenary, assassin, pretty much a not good guy but not a bad guy. He has no moral scruples like Art but he doesn't hurt people without pay or if they are innocent. So yeah a bit complicated there. He is my attempt at darkness.

And You know Art.

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

Sorry, it was my birthday this weekend and there were shenanigans. If youíre interested in RPíing with Pyx Iím definitely up for it. Maybe something short and simple, since their back stories donít make them very compatible for a long tale? If not thatís okay too, no worries.

Eaume
Member Avatar

@Art: So kind of like Deadshot? XD "No money, no honey," as they say.

@Pyx: So I saw. Happy birthday. 8) And if you want to do the Loremaster GRP, it doesn't have to be long; we just need 7 posts each, and we each need to write a lore article regarding something that's been fleshed out in the thread. That might take a bit of further plotting, but it'd be a good way to plan out a shortish RP. 8) And of course, things might happen and it might end up being longer than we intend, which is perfectly awesome. But that's just a suggest, and I'm open to whatever.

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

Hmm... okay, ideas: Explore a new town/region of the Plains, meet a new tribe with a unique culture, a new type of Debon Plains monster/creature tries to eat Pyx and Eaume has to save his skinny a**...

Eaume
Member Avatar

Lol, I like the last one. That'd be good for you, as you could describe the creature in your opening post or two and then write up an article about it. Still need to come up with something for me...I could just flesh out what I've already written about the Highmoor clan, except I don't get the feeling they'd be talking much if we only did 7 posts each and most of it was her "saving your skinny ass". XD

Hm. Could come up with a river where some outcasts are living or some such...I can figure something out on my end, anyway. So you wanna start something, then?

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

Sure. Maybe the creature has something to do with a local clan (e.g., culturally) or habitat/location that you could describe?

Or, are we allowed to contribute to the same lore topic? It might be interesting/amusing to write descriptions of the creature from their two very different perspectives.

I'll think on an opening and get started. If you have any ideas or details you'd like me to work in, let me know? I have some time to work on this tonight, and my next big chunk of available time is on Sunday.

Eaume
Member Avatar

I could reply with a different view on the creatures, but no, each lore snippet has to be the work of the creator in order for said creator to take credit for this GRP. So we each have to write a separate article for the both of us to claim credit.

As for details, you can find quite a bit (I think) in Eaume's extended description and history. I dunno whether any of it will be applicable, but some of it might; I dunno.

Pyxidus
Member Avatar

Posted! http://s2.zetaboards.com/Imythess/topic/7021151/1/

A few notes:

• Let me know if the title is over the top. I couldn't resist.
  • I can cut the end of my post off a few paragraphs earlier if you would like Eaume to enter the encounter sooner - just let me know. I'm happy to make other revisions as well if needed.
  • Did you want to specify the topic as open or closed? I don't mind either way.
  • I really hope Eaume can fight the scary snake thing I came up with. Yikes!
Have fun with the response! I'll be around this evening if you need me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Looking for RP · Next Topic »

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR