Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
Seeking Answers; New Character GRP with Arthur and Umbra
Topic Started: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:04 am (261 Views)
The Stranger
Member Avatar

The wind whipped around the man as he made his way across the plains. It tugged at him angrily as though attempting to blow him away. He reached up with his left hand and grabbed the hood of his cloak to keep it from blowing off his head. He stopped for a brief moment and stared at the cloudy sky.

Storm moving in he thought to himself.

The weather decidedly fit his dark mood. He'd been grateful to those who'd patched him up after finding him half dead. Three years had passed since that fateful day and his motivations had not subsided one bit.

Setting himself he set off again at a brisker pace toward the city all the while scanning for an area to wait out the onrushing storm. Noting a cut out in the hillock nearest him that would break the wind and that had some shelter from the rain he moved that way. He knew the storm wouldn't last long but that it would be violent and unpredictable. Best wait it out as sheltered as he could be. Then on toward The Bastion city to see if he could pick up on any sort of scent.

After three years he knew the trail would be cold but the icy freeze of the fires of vengeance filled his veins and kept his eyes locked on his objective. Those Seven would pay with blood for what they had done to him. He settled in to wait and hoped it wouldn't be too bad.
Edited by The Stranger, Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:20 am.
Offline Profile Quote To Top

Arthur
Member Avatar

"Storms Coming", Arthur muttered as he stared up at the sky. The wind kicked up in answer and the sky started to grow darker. It looked to be a good one to. He looked out on the plains looking out for shelter. The Debon Plains was a bad place to be stuck out in the middle of any kind of storm. With few out croppings for shelter and even fewer settlements Arthur might not find one by the time the rain started. To answer that a cold crop of water fell on his nose.

Thats perfect Arthur thought and he sighed. He walked keeping an eye out for anything. The wind making his long blonde hair fly out fierce behind him. He wore no coat only armor and carried little except a sword at his side, one on his back , two knives at either side and one small sack. Many would consider that ill equipped for travel but Arthur was anything but ill equipped.

His dragon blood allowed him to survive in the most adverse conditions. Yet he did not want to be out in the coming rain. He just would prefer to wait it out. He noticed a small hillock in the distance. That would be perfect place to wait out the storm. Rain was just begging to to pelt down now. Cold as ice, yet Arthur did not shiver. The fire of a dragon burned within him. He moved as quick as he could but stopped short when he noticed tracks on the ground going toward the hillock. He smelled nothing but with the wind like this he wouldn't.

Arthur would have to be cautious. He kept his hand to the sword at his side and he poked his head inside the hillock and saw a lone man and he said," Ah someone is already in here then. May I join you fellow traveler. The storm is picking up and I dont want to be out in it any longer than I can". He did not move in any further in case the traveler said no.

he also did not remove his hand from his sword if the traveler proved to be hostile. Out here one could never be to sure. If he could not stay Arthur would find another place. If hostile he would fight but he did not want to do that not in this weather. He hoped the traveler would have good sense as well.

Marie Thlydd
Member Avatar

Sharp winds cut through the blades of long grass and struck hard against brush and stone alike as omnious clouds obscured the sky on the horizon.

Putting a hand up to guard her face a lone woman standing among the flowers and weeds looked to them, her ice blue eyes narrowing as she watched them for a moment. The wind smacked her in her face and sent chills through her body as she sniffed the air. Pushing her long hair back behind her shoulders she pressed on, pulling her coat closer to her.

It was not as if the wind was cold, but the wind brought omens when one paid enough attention to listen and care what was being said. A bright streak of white darted across the sky and into the distant horizon striking something that she couldn't quite see. But the message was clear enough. She paused and let the wind spiral around her, setting her in a small whirlwind before breaking off again.

Pressing onwards she debated the thought of being forced to endure the storm. It wasn't as if the storm bothered her. She loved them, but to be stranded out in the middle of a field could call for a flood. And that would just be annoying.

She pressed onwards to find a pair of men scuttled underneath a small cliff that had been made out of a hill. She smirked as she saw them speaking and held up a hand. "Forgive me. But it seems that this not a storm to be met alone today. Mind a third among your party?" she asked as cold droplets fell to the ground around them. One struck her on the head and she looked up to find another smacking her straight between the eyes.

Well... Someone seems to be having fun up there. she growled in her mind.

The Stranger
Member Avatar

Looking up at the two people who also seemed to be traveling in the abysmal weather he growled internally. Fingering his weapons beneath his cloak he weighed his options and sized up his opponents. Then man looked like he held a troubling degree of skill with his sword and had a hand on it. The woman was less prepared and he figured her for an easy mark. However fighting two on one is never a good idea. Still kill them now and...

NO! You can't just kill them anymore. That's not what we do now.

It would be so easy to knife them while they aren't looking. Look at all that stuff on them. Take it for us and move on.

Don't you remember what we are really after? You can't talk to dead people. You need information. You have been out of contact for three years. Now as you practiced, put on the smile and see what they can tell you.

The man smiled warmly up at the two people in the entry way.

"Certainly! Come on in! There does seem to be plenty of room for the three of us in here. Besides passing this storm with company and conversation will be better than passing it alone and brooding at the same time. My name is John Smith, I know I've heard all the jokes.
What are your names fellow travelers?"

While saying this John shifted to allow for more room so the two of them might more easily find a spot to sit. Even so while he took one hand out of his cloak to gesture to the area he kept his right inside still fingering his dagger, just in case. This was going to prove perhaps more fortuitous than he had imagined.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The man started to finger weapons Arthur supposed inside his cloak. Arthur tensed and then he heard the woman behind him. He almost spun sword out right then and there. He had been so focused on the one in front of him that he had not heard someone coming from behind. Stupid that kind of thing got you killed. Yet he relaxed when the woman just wanted to join them but only a little.

Not that he was in any danger from these strangers. Sure they both looked competent but Arthur knew he was more than a match for any of them. Dragons even half one were amazingly strong creatures. Arthur studied the man he seemed to be in thought but then he spoke saying the were welcome to join him.

Arthur crouched near the man but not to close. He kept his distance just in case. Arthur replied," I thank you Mr. Smith. I am Arthur. Arthur Mandraeg." He then looked to the lone woman. She was pretty enough but Arthur showed little interest. He wondered what these two were doing out on the plains. Arthur had been making his way toward a small settlement that was having issues with some of the other less savory denizens of the plains. The others purpose would remain unknown as of yet.

Marie Thlydd
Member Avatar

Wind whipped up as the other two, both men, looked up at her as she approached them.

Her eyes went from the blonde one to the one in the duster poncho. He kept it closed through the wind as it snapped through her hair, whipping it against her face striking it hard enough to hurt. She pushed it back and to the side as the thunder growled in the distance, the clouds now turned the sky near pitch as the wind hefted them towards the plains.

Some storm... she said lowly, turning to the others as they introduced themselves.

The blonde was Arthur. The other was... she was able to stop herself from chuckling, "John Smith"

I'm sure... she thought in the back of her mind. How many planes is that actually used as a handle? She lost count if she ever bothered counting. Even still, she knew what it was like to desire to lie low so she would let it slide for the moment.

She smiled in return, "Marie. Marie Thlydd. A pleasure. What brings you two out in the middle of the plains? Other than failing to avoid that." she gestured to the clouds that now hung over them, her coat rustled in the wind harder than what she was used to as the rain began to fall.

The Stranger
Member Avatar

Smith slowly slid his eyes between the two of them. Two complete strangers turn up here of all places?

Right.....and I'm secretly the king of a long lost throne he thought to himself. Still it didn't do to turn away potential new allies. Even if he may end up discarding them by the end they may be of use in the future. He turned fully to regard Marie.

"Well Ms. Thlydd I'm looking for some old friends of mine. I've been out of the loop for three years or so and I seem to have lost track of them. I heard one or two of them may have come out this way and headed toward Kellen. Thought I might head that way and see if I can track them down. I'm curious as to what they've been up to."

With a turn he regarded Arthur.

"I must however admit Mr. Mandraeg that I too am very curious as to just what brings such a well armed warrior out this way?"

With another pivot he turned back to Marie.

"And for that matter what might bring a young lady such as yourself out here?"

He knew that no one knew who he really way and there was know way They knew he was still alive. However better safe than sorry and their answers to these questions might just put him at enough ease to try for a second round of information.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The woman introduced herself as Marie. Arthur inclined his head to her. She to was trying to avoid the storm that was brewing outside. Yet three strangers turning up out here was an odd thing. He wondered if the other two saw that. Fate may have pushed them together or it was something else. The man then spoke his reasons for being out here. He was looking for old friends.

Three years a long time to be gone. Though Arthur had disappeared as well for that long so not unusual. The man did not look to be an adventurer. More of a hunter but that was Arthurs impression. The man then asked his purpose out here. Arthur replied," I am a Soldier of Fortune or a Sellsword. I have contract with a small settlement here on the plains. They have been having trouble with some of the other denizens of the plains."

Arthur paused a minute looking to himself and then he said," I am always well armed in any case. You can never be to cautious in this world. Danger could be lurking around any corner. So I find it better to travel armed to the teeth." Then the man turned to the woman and asked her the same question. Arthur sat back and waited for her answer. The wind began to kick up outside and it began to pour down. Lightning flashed outside. Yes he was glad for the shelter now.

Marie Thlydd
Member Avatar

Marie looked between them as they spoke and made room for her as the storm picked up.

She gave a soft smile, "Sorry, I don't have much of a true reason other than I am passing through the plain's from Taras, she said pointing the direction she came from. "I have no real business in Kellen, per se. I'm just more traveling where the wind takes me." She shrugged. "I fully admit that's the last thing two people want to hear from a stranger but there it is. I keep tabs on things that I hear and I go exploring poking around.

She huddled on the end by herself as the rain poured down, her hair slightly dripping to the ground. She felt the storm rumble through her body as it flashed. There was some shelter and the ground hadn't gotten sodding yet, so that was a plus.

The Stranger
Member Avatar

Smith looked between them and mentally shrugged. A sellsword and an adventurer. Still that means that both of them may have heard of his past associations. Better to play it safe and keep his true intentions closed off.

"Well then Arthur I am very glad that the people here have you to look out for them. A monster hunter and swordsman is needed in many places. As for you Ms. Thlydd it is a dangerous line of work you've chosen for yourself. I would advise you to be careful if you're adventuring into old ruins and whatnot. Bandits and unsavory characters sometimes claim such places as their own. Would hate to hear that something untoward happened to you."

With that he turned back toward Arthur.

"Speaking of bandits, Arthur, you mentioned that you were in the area due to trouble. Would I be right in assuming some sort of bandit related issue? Even if not you being a sellsword may be able to tell me about the groups in the area I should watch out for. Three years out of contact makes it difficult to know such things so any information I could get would be useful and appreciated."

Having spoke Smith waited patiently hoping that either of them would be able to help him. It was worth a shot in the dark.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The woman explained her reasoning for being out here. Just traveling Arthur nodded and approved. Some of his greatest adventures were through just traveling or passing through. He too went wherever the wind took him. Unless someone hired him for something. Most of the time he made his fortune through just helping out without a contract. The man then spoke and Arthur nodded. agreeing that a man with a sword was greatly sought-after prize in these hard times.

He was man who fought for goodness and justice though not just for profit. He did not take contracts that were unsavory. The man then asked if his contract was due to bandit activity and if he could tell him about the others that might be lying in wait. Arthur replied," Bandits they are, a rough bunch to from what I hear. The Bloody Knives I think is what the band is called. There are other groups though besides them. There are the Hunting Wolves, and the Ravenous Badgers. There are also several raider groups and some of the nomads on the plains are known to be quite aggressive." He paused a minute thinking. The plains were dangerous and not easily trekked and he had not begun to explain the whole thing.

Arthur picked up a rock and started making lines in the dirt. He then said pointing" Here is where we are. There are settlements here and here. Quite far apart you see. The bandits tend to operate in this are to the Northwest. The Raiders have the Eastern portion of this region right here. The nomads the aggressive ones come out of the central area. And then there are the dangerous creatures who hold to the south. The safest path is through here. It is not well traveled though because you have to cut through the bandit area here." He paused drawing one final line and said," This is the alternate route that most people travel. Mostly because it is located closer to the settlements. Yet it is hit a lot by either of the groups. To get to Kellen I would suggest the safe route even if you have to go through bandit country".

Marie Thlydd
Member Avatar

She nodded, "I'm aware, though I thank you for your concern. It isn't a rarity that I find older places to have newer less amiable occupants." she replied.

The concept of delving into ruins and dark places didn't seem to be a line that most would consider safe. And she agreed that several people of unsavory repute had found ruins and abandoned places to be the best place to hole up for ambushes and to wait for trouble to pass over.

It seems no matter what Plane you are on, things are going to be like that. she thought to herself. Some things, I suppose, never change.

She turned and thought of Bandits and other problems that she would have seen along the way to where she was now. Shaking her head to the two of them she shrugged. "Sorry." she offered. "I never ran across any bandits. Some Wolves and other wild things but few people outside of merchants and other travelers.

The Stranger
Member Avatar

Smith nodded as he listened to both of his current companions. The information from Arthur was certainly useful and while Marie's may not be today she seemed to have a pulse on old ruins and therefore may be useful in the future. Deciding that he could probably trust the both of them he let his right hand release his dagger and come out from under his cloak. He hadn't been on the trail long and already he may have useful intel. Still it would be better to follow up. Now that he had gang names he may be able to look up leaders. Still better to pass the next little while asking.

"That is an impressive list Arthur. Do you know the hideaways of any of them?
What about leaders? Also if I may a question for both of you. Is there a place in Kellen where I can get information on leaders and their gangs? Just because I am looking for old friends doesn't mean I shouldn't also collect some coin in the meantime. May need it to follow them."

I may also need the money to pay people off to help me find my quarry he thought silently. Still they didn't need to know that. From the way he felt he figured that he may have a very long journey ahead of him.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The woman spoke of old ruins. He knew of these things though he did not often go in them. It was better sometimes to let dead things lie. And somethings were meant to be hidden. Yet that often lead to thrilling adventure which Arthur liked. Yet caution ruled the day right now. She then said she had not ran into any of the groups he described. It was a big plain so he could understand how. Yet for all is bigness danger did not dissipate.

The man then asked him some more questions. Arthur though for a moment and said," I know a few hideaways but not many. I can guess where others might be because its where I would be but those are only guesses". The man probably wanted the information to get some gold himself. He didn't begrudge competition. Arthur said," The ones I am after operate out of this little spot here." Pointing on his crude map in the dirt. He said," Itís a small camp. The others have camps here and here. There is also supposed to be some kind of bandit fortress in some old ruins here. And then there is the place to the north of here. Itís an old place ruins like that one most people avoid it. Good place for nefarious people to hide."

He then paused and said," As to their leaders. There is Crimson Joe of the Bloody Knives, Oren the Sneak, Bloodblade, and one other I know is Caras of Balefire. As for further information there are the authorities in Kellen. Then there is the mercenary and bounty hunter guild there that could have more information. Of course, there are unsavory types but I do not deal with them". He was speaking of course of the criminals within Kellen that might know.

Marie Thlydd
Member Avatar

Marie listened to the two men talk about some of the worse the plane of Charon had to offer.

She stood mostly quiet, having little to nothing to offer on the subject as the rain poured down on them. She wondered how many of those bandit leaders she'd encounter before she was done with this world. She looked on and listened as the pair discussed things.

"So, if you don't mind my asking, who are you looking for?" she asked "Being a traveler and all I might know who you are trying to find."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Debon Plains · Next Topic »

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR