Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
I need a job.; {open}
Topic Started: Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:36 pm (164 Views)
Mia
Member Avatar

Mia's senses woke up before she did, the smell of fresh bread and alcohol were settling in the soft breeze that was tickling the tuffs of fur in her ears, making them twitch. forgetting she had climbed up into a tree to nap, Mia stretched out, almost fell out off of the branch but quickly grabbed onto it, lost grip, and landed in a bush. A meowing sound came from within the tree and Mia poked her head up out of the shrub to glare at her feline companion staring down at her.

"Shut up." Mia stood, brushing herself off and picking leaves out of her tail. Her stomach made a loud grumble sound and she patted it, "okay, okay, I hear you. I'll feed you when I can." Mia checked her person for any left over gold she have had but to no avail. She was broke.

Looking around Mia spotted a man walking around with a platter of what looked to be bread. She had seen him giving some to the little children when they came up to him, so she decided to attempt to act like a child to get some free food. Nodding to the black cat in the tree, she trotted off. Posing as a kid wasn't too hard for her considering that to the average person, she was only waist height and had a little voice, making her child-like even though she was almost an adult.

Almost colliding with the mans leg from him not playing attention, she quickly made a gasping sound to get his attention, then spoke, "Hello mister!" giggling, she smiled up at him with innocent eyes. Her ears perked and her tail twitched. He Glanced down at the golden eyes staring up at him,"Whoa, be careful there young lady, I almost ran into you!" reaching down he patted her head and continued on by. Mia's ears flattened to the sides and she scowled in his direction. "A pat on the head?! That's all I get? A pat on the head?! She stick her tongue out at him then walked back to the tree.

She resorted to plan B: pick pocket. Looking around for a good target, Mia follow behind a few people in the crowds of drunken men and women going around the outside of the Inn. They were too drunk to notice a small creature fumbling about anyway, so she deemed them good targets. Following a bit close for her comfort to some of these peoples butts, she peeked around in their bags to find mostly nothing or nothing worth her taking. They must have spent it all on their new state of mind. While looking through this one mans pouch he started backing up and planted his butt right in Mia's face, he moved forward and looked behind him to find her rubbing her nose and making a disgusted face. A slurred grumbled came from the towering beast, "Aye, watch it pipsqueak"

With a failed plan and no money, she plopped herself down on rock, propped her head on her hands, and pouted. The little black cat nudged her leg, two green eyes stared up at her and a soft meow come from the fluffy friend. "I need a job, Luna." She mumbled, rubbing the cats head. But where could she find a job? All she was really good at was sneaking around and handling animals. Mia pulled herself off the rock, "Less talk, more action. I wonder if there's a job request board around here." Upon inspection of the surrounding area, she did indeed find a few fliers posted. One in particular caught her attention but it was high up(or at least to her), so she climbed up on a near by crate, jumped off toward the paper and snatched it off the wall. The paper ripped in half and she groaned. Well now its no use to me! She crumbled the paper and threw it in anger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OOC]
Disclaimer:
Yeah....Not the best start, but maybe someone can work with me on this? ^_^; I didn't really know what to do with her, sorry :facepalm: maybe someone can help take this in a better direction.
Offline Profile Quote To Top

Arthur
Member Avatar

A cart rumbled down the street, it was a merchants cart, one could see the wares dangling from some of the sides. But that did not interest people. It was the person riding beside the cart keeping steady pace. The man was a warrior that was no doubt, but he was not one people would assume to guard a lone cart. He was to well armed for one and the armor he wore did not belong to a typical sellsword. They were right of course but also wrong. Arthur was guarding the cart but not for money.

This particular merchant was a personal friend of Arthurs and Arthur was taking some of his own time to help him out. He did that sometimes, and besides he owed the merchant a favor or two. They then pulled up next to a shop and Arthur got down from his horse and Arthur looked around. They weren't to far from the New Song of Elves Tavern. He might pop in for a drink and a bite to eat. The merchant got down, he was a pudgy fellow, with merry twinkling eyes. Arthur asked," You got it from here Gregor"?

The man smiled and replied," Yes that should do it, thanks Arthur. I was worried no one would take me but I am glad I could find you to do it." The man took out a sack of coins and handed it to Arthur and said," Here I know you were doing it to repay the favor, but I still like to reward my friends". Arthur smiled and said," Thanks Gregor, I appreciate it. If your not busy later stop by the tavern and I'll buy you a few rounds". The man nodded and waved.

Arthur waved back and walked down the road after tying his horse to one of the shops fixtures. No one would bother him of that he was sure. As he walked he caught the smells of bread and alcohol. Wonderful smells more enhanced because of his dragon sense of smell. He closed his eyes as he continued to walk sniffing the air bringing in the aromas of food and drink. It was because of this that something hit him.

He opened his eyes and looked down and saw a piece of paper on the ground. He picked it up and looked to see a woman with cat like ears who had seemed to throw the paper. He said," Littering is against the law you know. And you might want to watch where you throw things. Never know who you might hit". He went up to her and held out his hand with the paper in it. He asked," This was yours I assume".

Mia
Member Avatar

Stressed out and annoyed, she stomped her foot and let out a loud groan, "ugh, and my day has just barley started." Just as Mia was about to turn away, a voice seemed to be speaking to her, "This was yours I assume", her already pale face seemed to loose what was left of its color. A large hand that contained her just discarded trash was stretched out to her, she looked up into what she assumed was a officers eyes and panicked. She let out a small embarrassed chuckle, "Oh! My apologies sir! I must have missed the waste can. As you can see, I am small and don't have very good aim." She hoped her alibi was enough to keep her out of trouble.

Taking the crumbled paper, she smiled shyly up at the man in armor. Mia was actually quite terrified. Not only did she assume he was an officer, he was a good 2 feet taller than her, which people looming over here always made her feel uncomfortable though it couldn't be helped. Though if she wanted to she could probably bolt and get away, but she wasn't too fond of the idea of not being able to sleep in her favorite tree near the Inn just over a piece of paper.

"You're not gonna bust me, are ya?" She tried to sound half joking but really she was being serious. She didn't have any money to pay a fine, so then she'd be in even more trouble. Mia's tail twitched and her furry friend attacked it playfully. "Hey! Stop it." She picked up her cat and looked up at the man, trying to make herself look more helpless just in case the thought crossed his mind.
Edited by Mia, Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The girl paled when he spoke and Arthur smiled a little. She then looked into his eyes and Arthur saw the panic within them. He had not meant to scare her, but that was what he did. He would have to calm her down. The girl apologized and his grin got a little wider. he could not help but be amused a least just a little. She probably thought he was a guard or something. Arthur replied," Its quite alright miss, most folks though aren't as understanding."

That was truth many folks seemed to take slight to almost anything. Arthur never really understood that. The girl then asked if he was going to bust her and then the girl picked up a cat and appeared utterly helpless. Arthur then started laughing almost uncontrollably. After a few moments he got himself under control. Arthur replied," Either your the most talented actor I have ever seen or either you really are helpless". Arthur guffawed and then said," No mam I am not gona bust you. I am not an officer of the law. Just a wandering warrior who wandered into to getting hit by a piece of paper".

Arthur paused and then said," I didn't mean to scare you miss. I was just giving fair warning. I apologize."

Mia
Member Avatar

So he wasn't with the law, how embarrassing. He was just smiling down at her, obviously amused, he has started laughing. She dropped her cat and it scampered off to play with a butterfly near by. Though not with the law he explained himself to still be a warrior, and that sounded like the jingle of coins to her ears. Perhaps she could sweet talk herself into going even just a few coins or maybe a tip or two on how to get some. "Could have fooled me. And as a matter of fact, I am pretty helpless. Not a ounce to my name sir." she turned out her pouch and a piece of lent fell out, floating off in the breeze, she turned it back and sighed.

Mia's eyes started looking him over, for a human he seemed pretty tough and well off. She was mainly looking for an opening for pick pocketing, but obviously had to wait until he was more open and less aware of her presence. Her tail swished back and forth and she crossed her arms as if to like what she was seeing.

She made this look like she was just checking him out, after she gave a soft smile, "Im going to have to accept your apology, it's only fair. I do apologise too for throwing the paper so carlessly," she paused for a moment then tilted her head slightly, "Say, do you know of any available jobs that won't get me killed?" maybe instead of robbing him, asking for a job would be a much smarter rout.

Arthur
Member Avatar

The girl relaxed just a little when he said he wasn't with the law. Oh he enforced it from time to time mostly by ending the life of those who hurt the innocent and weak. But nothing so menial as littering. A warrior did not do that kind of thing, they lived for the fight, the challenge and there was no challenge in holding up the small laws. The girl then spoke again saying she was helpless and had nothing to her name. Arthur felt a little pity for her but only a little.

He helped people but only those who could not help themselves and she seemed quite capable of taking care of herself. At least to his eyes, though maybe a nudge in the right direction could be done. She seemed to study him and Arthur could see what she was trying. He was no fool by any means. He did not fall for pretty faces that easy. "Oh sure, your a regular oak Arthur", Danny said in his head. Arthur shook his head, Danny had been relatively quiet till now, but he ignored her all the same.

Arthur replied," You don't seem that helpless. I am sure you could find a way of remeding your need for gold. There is always work to be had somewhere." Then the girl spoke again accepting his apology and then asking if he knew any available work that wasn't dangerous. Arthur thought for a moment and said," I might know of a few places. The tavern I was about to head to is always looking for help. If that's not your cup of tea, I know a few merchants that need help in their stores. These won't get you killed but that's a boring way to live."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · New Song of Elves Tavern & Inn · Next Topic »

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR