Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Create a character now!


If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:


Username:   Password:
Reply
Discussion - Break the Waves; ST10
Topic Started: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:24 pm (7,019 Views)
Atropos[ST]
Member Avatar


This is the discussion topic for Break the Waves. It'll be used for lighthearted banter, OOC planning/talking, and IC "mid-round dialogue" should you choose to do that. For more information on what mid-round dialogue is, click here and scroll down to the relevant section.

The actual event will be up first thing tomorrow, February 25.


Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Snellopy[Adm]
Member Avatar
Shop Ninja

I am definitely looking forward to the over-the-top silliness that is promised in this thread. But as always, if Plork is a bit too much Plork for any of our players, feel free to send me a PM to tone it down, as it's meant to be fun for you too, and I won't take it the wrong way.

I found my kazoo, and have something else kazoo like (with a trumpet bell sort of thing on the end) so I will be making soundtracks for everyone over the next couple of days.

Art that my students will be making on Monday, in celebration of Breaking Wind


When things are going smoothly


When things are not so happy between our plucky crew (language warning)
Online Profile Quote To Top
 
Gortwog
Member Avatar


And so it begins.

Posted Image

Gortwog will get all the loot, of course.

Posted Image

And he will share with no one.

Posted Image

(Ogi should appreciate that last one...)
Edited by Gortwog, Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 pm.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Buddy
Member Avatar


Damn, Mac was right.

The (probably) inevitable outcome.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Kaalia
Member Avatar


I see a ton of ponies, but no saddles. Therefore we need the almighty lord Meteor to cleanse us of this problem.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Gortwog
Member Avatar


Meteor was devoured by the almighty Apep. ALL HAIL.
Edited by Gortwog, Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 am.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Buddy
Member Avatar


If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Gortwog
Member Avatar


Buddy
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 am
If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.
"You may call me what you wish."

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Atropos[ST]
Member Avatar


Gortwog
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am
Buddy
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 am
If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.
"You may call me what you wish."

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Ice Prince
Member Avatar


omg Is that the actual color of the snake?!

ETA: I have an idea for how Falki gets there, but wondering if anyone wants to say they "kidnapped" the Ice Prince or something. =P
Edited by Ice Prince, Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:22 pm.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Snellopy[Adm]
Member Avatar
Shop Ninja

Plork will be sailing the Gallumphing Dugong from Taras (in theory after Xy's ball) and anyone is welcome to have a berth.

Plork is more than happy to meet Falki while walking to the pier and bundle him along accidentally. We can hash it out via PM if you want mate, or do a micro thread real quick (or at our leisure, and take the result as read). Whatever works for you, mate

Actually, Mac has Gortwog at the ball, too, and Plork already knows him. If he decides to come on the Galumphing Dugong too, it could be Plork, Gortwog and his worg walking down the street. Plork sees you, talks to you a bit, and suggests you come with us innocently, but Gortwog looks meanly at you so you take it as an implied threat and agree?
Edited by Snellopy, Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm.
Online Profile Quote To Top
 
Gortwog
Member Avatar


Plork could have invited Gortwog aboard their ship for partying, I suppose, after the ball. I still need to have Gortwog actually meet Plork (again) at the ball...but anyway, if there's booze, he'd probably have said yes. And yeah, Gortwog intimidates people on principle alone, so he probably wouldn't even have to say or do anything. XD

On second thought, if the ship runs on any kind of magic - and considering most ships in Imy are run by elementals - it's more likely Gortwog was sailing with a bunch of ruffians who offered him a devilish good time. They probably came to Pyramid Island because they were near the Astendans anyway, and Gortwog figured he could use the exercise.

Because sails don't need magic, y'know.

But once at/on the island, of course, all's kosher...as long as you finger-waggler types don't get in the way of the real saviours of this sad little troupe. Y'know...the people who fight by their power and will alone instead of using silly magickz.
Edited by Gortwog, Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:35 pm.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Ice Prince
Member Avatar


Friend Plork is free to somehow kidnap/find accidentally stowed a Friend Falki, who is of the opinion that it's likely more dangerous to not be a Friend.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Buddy
Member Avatar


Buddy will likely be leaving either from the Pirate's Cove or from a shady port in Taras on the Fogstalker's Maiden Voyage, if anybody's coming along with him then they can come with his rowboat to the island.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
Shugri
Member Avatar


I do believe Silnimare is rolling in aboard Buddy's vessel.
Offline Profile Quote To Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Storyteller-led Events · Next Topic »
Reply

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR