Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Break the Waves - Sign-Ups; ST10
Topic Started: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:38 pm (705 Views)
Atropos[ST]
Member Avatar

Post a reply here to sign up for Break the Waves. Knowing which characters are joining will help me make some last-minute preparations.

When you post to sign up, please have your character IC describe themselves in a paragraph or less. Once you've done that, keep an eye on the sign-up topic for an optional discussion in the near future.

You don't have to read anything else in this post if you don't own a ship.

Optional: Entering a Support Ship into the Event

You are allowed, but very much not required, to bring one water ship per player to use in Break the Waves. A "water ship" is a vessel whose primary method of travel is on or under the surface of the water. In other words, you can't enter an airship or land crawler into this event. You can enter a ship into the event at any time when it makes sense, but if you already have a ship you want to use then please enter it when you sign up.

The purpose of this feature is to give people a chance to involve their ships in the story without making it too unfair for those without one. Break the Waves is not a naval military event or a faction-building event. Our goal is not to have a big fleet or a lot of raw military power. The fleet we amass will only be supporting our smaller-scale adventures, performing roles in the background that give story benefits on an irregular basis.

Enter a Ship

Disclaimer: By entering a support ship into this event, you consent to the ST taking control of its actions at certain points. You will rarely, if ever, be present on your support ship. Do not even expect to spend your downtime on your own ship. If you want to develop your character's relationship with their vessel, this is not the right place!

Give me a brief description of your chosen ship, including its name. Make sure the ship is properly listed in your inventory, including full descriptions of all its add-ons such as weapons. These will be aggregated into a post for the Information topic for everyone's future reference.

Offline Profile To Top

Breyting
Member Avatar

Breyting slowly enters the room, his hands twitching, his eyes constantly scanning the room. Once he finally notices there is no immediate danger to himself he sits down, "H-hello, I'm Breyting. I was t-told to tell you a bit a-about myself. I'm... I'm an ex-academy of magic researcher, specializing in Archaeology. I also know a lot about old legends and... m-myths. I'm a bit of a coward and new people s-scare me and I st-stutter a bit when I'm on edge. I'm a spellcaster that uses special items to cast spells. W-without these magical foci I c-can't cast magic as my mana pool is very small... smaller than the average person's mana reserves, b-but the magic items have their own magic reserves, I just pour in a bit of my own mana to active them, so I use less m-magic on my spells than the average mage. Oh a-also I uh... I'm very good at surviving perilous situations... and d-despite being a coward I... I can try my best to h-help the group in b-bad situations. The only time I seem to not be terrified is w-when I'm in old ruins, I j-just love history and I am fluent in many dead languages... but I only know how to speak common and some Istani dialects when it comes to current languages. Is that all you need from me?"
Offline Profile To Top

Buddy
Member Avatar

"Captain Buddy Holly, a pleasure to meet ya. I've always been interested in exploring the Astendan Islands a bit more, and it seems a great time for the maiden voyage of the newest ship under me command, if ya'll trust it. I'll be no useless barnacle on this job, as I'm more than capable of handling meself and lending me strategic mind and diplomatic abilities to this excursion. I hope we'll make great stories on this trip and have a lot of fun. Have any questions, then feel free to inquire."

Will probably get a new water vessel fit for this event after Painted Sands rewards are doled out.
Offline Profile To Top

Silnimare
Member Avatar

"Hi! My name is Sil. I like cheap drinks, long walks on the beach, and moonsea drake-riding. My turn-offs are tyranny, people who hate stoats, and the color periwinkle. My ideal night out would involve trips to the ethereal, or the plane of water. Some people say I'm an Ice Queen, but I like to think I keep it cool. I'm tasty with my fists in a pinch. That's right, this girl can look after herself. I may be dead, but I can be the life of the party. Also, if you hurt my son Cyrus, they will never find your body."
Offline Profile To Top

Ice Prince
Member Avatar

"Hmm, who am I? Falki, I guess. Whatever you want to call me. Experience? I...none with boats. I think I can swim, though it's been awhile. I've traveled a lot in the past few months, I suppose. No, never been on some sort of...whatever we're doing here. Look, I'm trying new things, and, trust me, I'm very good with ice. Formal training, like that Striberg Academy place? No, nothing like that. Just naturally good. No, I don't paint. What kind of question is that? I can ice sculpt if that works for you, and if you're worried about ships sinking, pretty sure putting it on an ice flow will fix that, at least shortterm."
Offline Profile To Top

Kaalia
Member Avatar

Sarcasm? Partial insanity? I have that in spades, or shovels depending on your tastes. Whether you need recon from the sky or a chunk of extraterrestrial rock dropped on your enemy, I'm your gal. Kicked out a succubi from my psyche but her influence still lingers. I'm biased for summoning monstrosities to handle things from battle to opening doors for me. But I have good news. There's no need to wonder where your god is, cause she's right here...and she's fresh out of mercy.
Edited by Kaalia, Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm.
Offline Profile To Top

Atropos[ST]
Member Avatar

Optional Discussion

Signups aren't over. If you haven't signed up yet, you still can up until Feb 25. You can also participate in this discussion even if you sign up later, until Feb 25.

This is a talk we can do out of character, although I might request some very short IC snippets if I see an opportunity.

Throughout this discussion, keep in mind that you can invent stuff on the fly without having RPed about it or even thought about it before. Talk it out with others involved.

To start...

Take a look at everyone who's signed up. Do any of your characters already know each other or have met in the past? If so, briefly tell me about their interactions with each other.

Remember that this can include information that has never been roleplayed out before.
Offline Profile To Top

Ice Prince
Member Avatar

Falki: *looks about the room* I have no idea who any of these people are. Should I?
Offline Profile To Top

Silnimare
Member Avatar

Sil and Kaalia have known each other for a long time, and have a relationship not unlike sisters. They often sass each other for its own sake, and while not being each other's voice of reason, do try to look out for each other.

Sil and Buddy have a romantic, as well as a professional relationship. Sil is working with him and the Sacred Heart on the terms that she never be asked to do something morally reprehensible. He can often see right through her facades, and it's that vulnerability and honesty that she values.

That, and he has a cute butt.

Sil has a 10-year-old adopted son, named Cyrus. Blond hair, blue eyed. Has started to pick up sass from his mom and "aunt Kaalia", and also works in limited capacity with Buddy. Tends to stay close to his mother.
Edited by Silnimare, Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 pm.
Offline Profile To Top

Kaalia
Member Avatar

Kaalia treats Sil and her son as family, while holding contempt for Buddy due to his reputation and career.
Offline Profile To Top

Buddy
Member Avatar

Buddy and Sil have a professional and sometimes physical relationship. She is a member of the Sacred Heart pirates along with her son who more acts like a student of shipmanship.

Buddy and Kaalia are acquaintances, but Kaalia's relationship with Taras Law Enforcement makes Buddy a bit uneasy, though he holds no personal I'll will towards her.

Buddy and Plork are acquaintances, and Plork actually helped to save Buddy's life after a psychotic catgirl stabbed him in the chest. Though he finds the enkaida a weird-looking kraken-like thing, his opinion of it is positive.
Edited by Buddy, Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 am.
Offline Profile To Top

Breyting
Member Avatar

Breyting rubs his hands together, fidgeting as he looks to the others, "N-no, I have never met anyone here. I'm a-afraid I have very few friends."
Offline Profile To Top

Plork
Member Avatar

There's an erratic fanfare on the kazoo, and then Plork explodes through the door, tentacles waving.

"Hello! Friend Plork are is do will comed Sailing, too! Friend Plork am beed a enkaida, made for huggling. Friend Plork can should sail, and fly, and does were likes to make Friends! Friend Plork is can should helps Friends lots."

Plork cracks their carapace open, and lets out their shimmery wings, flying across the roomto alight next to a familiar face. "Plork does is seen lots of good Friends already! This are will am Friend Silnimare," and a tentacle extends and snakes across the room to point at Buddy, "Look! There should can be Friend Buddy. Has is do Friend Buddy am seed Friend CatLady lately?" Plork smiles around the room. "Plork were are so happy to meeted such good Friends. All Friends is should come play on the Galumphing Dugong if Friends were needs a boat."

Galumphing Dugong
Offline Profile To Top

Gortwog
Member Avatar

The orc stepped up, towering over those around him and casting a long shadow. His worg, just a step behind him, growed at anyone who got too close or moved in a way near Gortwog that Bloodback didn't like.

"Gortwog Draak-Fist, drake hunter and mage killer, at your service," he said, his voice deep and strong and carrying easily despite him not actually raising his voice above its usual volume. "You got fightin' to do an' somethin' awful good to trade, I might consider huntin' somethin' for ya."

The orc banged his left fist against his breastplate.

"All my armour's taken from my kills. An' this here's Bloodback, by the way. Where he goes, I go."
Offline Profile To Top

Plork
Member Avatar

At the sight of the orc and worg, Plork clapped. "Looks! It be are Friend Gortworg and Friend GoodDoggie! Has is you did painted any more pictures, Friend Gortwog?"

((Plork knows Gortwog from the Suler pre-event (and possibly the ball, depending how that shakes out), and the worg from the ball))
Offline Profile To Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Storyteller-led Events · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR