Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
Painted Sands Discussion
Topic Started: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm (5,508 Views)
Lachesis[ST]
Member Avatar

This is the discussion topic for the ST Painted Sands!

[additional ramblings that are a little handy]

Welcome in proper to Painted Sands! This is the second Minor ST following the 7th major ST, Land of Wild Magic. This here is the out-of-character topic for Painted Sands, a place for you, your compatriots and myself to hash it out in between the official rounds in the main topic.

You can check out Information here, expect it to be updated with relevant lore tidbits, articles and well, uh, information tied to Painted Sand!

Speak freely detectives, he can't hear your words here.

Edited by Lachesis, Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 am.
Offline Profile Quote To Top

Keelin
Member Avatar

(First!)

RE: The round's question:

Keelin has spent almost no time in Balefire City and just a bit of travel time in the backswamps. Steadfast got mauled by a wild senka at one point.

Also:

Hey guys, could I maybe arrange to get some mid-round dialogue with certain people out of the way for this round? Then maybe toss it in a spoiler somewhere in the event so that people can skip it. Mostly just plot loose ends between my character and theirs. Or baggage that would be best sorted out during a ship ride so we can focus on the crap at hand.

If you're busy or don't feel like it too, that's fine, we can have it as unfinished business and do something later (or never!)

- Lorica
- Quinn
- Hearne

Thank you!!

Keelin
Member Avatar

Skippable Story: Keelin interrogates Hearne on the ship, trying to figure out what happened to him, why he's here, and how much of a threat he is. Hearne is happy to explain more about his nature, but the truth can be pretty unsettling. Their conversation gets tense when Hearne asks Keelin a few prying questions in return. This is a good summary if you're curious about what Hearne's deal is, but we won't pretend that it's, like, absolutely essential reading for all event participants.

Edited by Keelin, Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm.

X'yros
Member Avatar

He...? Why is that red? That's frightening.

Irena
No Avatar

Two things, I wanted to jot this down before I have time to write a longer (official) post within the next couple days.

1. Irena has spent a fair amount of time in Balefire. Maybe 4 months spread over the last two years. She has not spent much time in Gloomwood itself, beyond what time it takes to travel through.

2. I vote to save the (maybe) pirates, since part of Irena's backstory involves being fished out of the open ocean by a fishing vessel who helped her escape from her "family". So she will feel too guilt ridden to leave them to die.

Logan
Member Avatar

Logan's spent some time in Gloomwood's backswamps recently, followed by about a week in Nine Angels at least. He'd probably be known among any werewolves especially given he pretty much stole a limited edition werewolf form out from under them.

Logan'll help save the pirates with his Eye of Aquarius.

Hearne
Member Avatar

Hearne's spent a little time in Balefire, mostly a canonically questionable start with the Pariahs before vanishing.

Twisting the Knife

Keelin
Member Avatar

Skippable Story: Keelin has been mistaking her friend Quinn's social inelegance for a hidden agenda, and finally confronts her about it on the ship. Once it's clear that they're cool, they end up exchanging stories of recent missions. Then the whole conversation devolves into personal talk, gossip, and shooting the shit. Both of them consistently lose track of what is and isn't innuendo. Even less necessary of a read than the Hearne one.

Nonna
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

Quinn
Member Avatar

Quinn fought in southern Balefire, but that's as far as she's gotten into Balefire. She doesn't particularly like the place.

Quinn found herself staring over the edge of the ship at the dark waters. "The ocean only brings death." She muttered to herself. Quinn tapped her cigar on the railing. Her mind circled through violent dreams and her own poor history with oceanic voyages. She had exchanged her armor for a half-mask, revealing the dark blue tattoo of the ocean that came up the left side of her face. She pulled her bathrobe closer with her free hand. Her sword remained at her hip. Splashing knocked her free of her distraction and she stared at the coming men. Ulver identified them as pirates.

"They can't be too dangerous if we bind their fingers and remove their gear. Don't the, ah, laws of the sea or whatever say you have to help sailors in need?"

Lorica
Member Avatar

OOC

Lorica has spent quite a bit of time in Balefire. She was involved in the events of Cairns on the Wine River and is one of the original zakona (she might even be the first given how events went down?).

Before that one of her main contacts for information was in the city proper and she frequently took jobs in the backswamps. I don't have a concrete amount of time, but way more than a month/week, respectively.

Also I say let the pirates drown.

X'yros
Member Avatar

....i vote we rescue the pirates.... and feed them to me....

okay rescue a couple of pirates, get the information out of them that's needed, then feed them to me c:

And anyone else that eats people...

Keelin
Member Avatar

I vote we rescue the pirates.

Lorica
Member Avatar

Skippable Story: Keelorica

OOC: I humbly suggest you make Drew's table masterpiece into the Lachesis avatar for the duration of this event. : D
Edited by Lorica, Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 am.

Lachesis[ST]
Member Avatar

Just in case it got overlooked: Don't forget there's also booty floating around too! Technically not yours, but hey pirates probably stole it right?

Quinntilus Veras Maximus

"They can't be too dangerous if we bind their fingers and remove their gear. Don't the, ah, laws of the sea or whatever say you have to help sailors in need?"

"And they ain't any kind of honest sailor." Ulver countered as he perched from his loft of a large sailor's bismuth-crafted arm.

A faint voice from the crew rose up. "Not like we are either, sir." There was some subdued laughter that cut off as their captain turned away from the water to them.

He spoke up again, a little less vitriol in his voice. "Me an' their captain go back a ways, it was an honest mistake that I sold them watered down fire pots. Not like I could have checked the stuff myself! They didn't take too kindly to that and sank the first ship I had. You paid for this trip, so it's up to. No sweat off my back if the sea takes them. But if they come on board I want them locked up and down in the hold with your lot."

He trailed off, grumbling about becoming a luxury liner or something to that extent.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Board Plot Activities · Next Topic »

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR