Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Imythess, the border between dreams and reality. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Imythess is a creative writing board where you narrate the story of a character in the medieval land of Imythess, on the planet Chaon. Each topic is an opportunity for your character to interact with the world and its peoples by cooperatively writing pieces of a story with other members, one post at a time. We call this role-playing, because you assume the identity of your character as if it were your own.

In order to play, you must register an account for each character you would like to write about, and begin their tale by filling out their basic profile information: Race (human, elf, demon, etc.), class (warrior, mage, etc.), physical appearance, and any other personal details you would like to describe. You are also encouraged to come up with some background history information for what your character's life has been like up to the point at which their story in Imythess begins.

There is no approval process or application required to join, so long as you follow the rules then you are free to write whatever character details you choose. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Create a character now!

If you're already a member, you can log into your account below:

Username:   Password:
Foxy Meetings
Topic Started: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 pm (284 Views)
Vincetie
No Avatar

It was late afternoon right before the evening rush. There was only one customer... though it was a big one. A giant who sat in his custom table near the door. He was an odl friend of Telma's and currently was eattinv and enormous plate of fried boars.

Vin had taken the order and was currently in her orange and white waitress outfit. She was cleaning the tables a bit in prperation for the evening rush. Telma was sitting at the bar looking relaxed as always and smiling at her hard worming adoptive daughter. It was then the door flashed telling them both a customer arrived.

Vin said, "Welcome to Telma's inn and bar! Please have a seat anywhere you like." While most could see Vin's seven tales only strong msges or other Kitsunes could see Telma's. Kitsunes seeing Telma would instantly know she was ancient and powerful. An elder among elders. For Vin she was confusing as tales often equaled age abd/or power, but Vin seemed no where near the power her tails sugested and she certainly was not old.
Offline Profile Quote To Top

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Toshiko had been roaming through the woods, when she came across some old ruins. She figured there might be something of interest holed up in there, so she slipped in through the cracks of the door. Imagine her surprise, then, when she was walking into a tavern, and in her human guise, no less. She stood about five and a half feet tall, slender, and wearing an elegant but simple silk robe. She had long, dark hair, pale skin, thin, almond eyes that had a mossy green hue, and a wooden mask around her neck, fashioned as a caricature of a fox.

She sat down at the bar front, and asked,

"I beg your pardon, but what is this place, and how did I come to be here?"

Vincetie
No Avatar

Telma chuckled as she sas the young fox arrive. "Ah welcome young fox. My I am just getting surounded with rare children these days. Still to answer your question you are in my inn and realm. You entered a door connected to this place and thus here you are.

My name is Telma and you should havd introduced yourself first. They are not teaching you youngsters correctly these days or have you not met a mentor yet... you do apear young?" Though I must say the mask is a clasic look.

She chuckled a little as she saw Vin looking curious. Telma often played more with customers, but she was treating this one different. Thus Vin could only watch curiously shile Telma chatted with this new girl.

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Toshiko was confused.

"I look... young? I'm already 4 years old, I'm a fully grown adult, ma'am. But I apologize for my rudeness. I am called Toshiko. I am... unfamiliar with customs, especially for a place such as this. There seem to be so many, I don't know how everyone keeps up with them."

She looked down at the mask around her neck.

"It's... classic? I just made it, it seemed to fit. I'm sorry, you just seem to know a lot about me, I didn't know that there were others changed like me."

Vincetie
No Avatar

Telma chuckled again, "Ah yes very young indeed. An adult for a normal fox maybe, but you are not a normal fox. You are at least a mystic fox given the magic I sense on you. Though you may be or have the potential to be a Kitsune like me. Some like to split hairs on what a Kitsune is. Though usually you officially become one of my kind when you gain another tail. Tails are representation of power... though you are also assured to gain one ever hundred years if you don't gain them earlier. Though the maximum is nine tails.

Regardless you will probably live many more years and most Kitsunes are considered young until one or two hundred years old. Though when you are in humanoid form you may not want to call yourself four years old or most will think you are a true child. Most humanoids aren't adults until fourteen to twenty...well at least for humans, which is what your guise looks like. So you may want to chose a false age when in human form.

Also feel free to ask questions. As an elder I should help you youngsters. Oh and my adopted daughter Vin over there is only twenty, so she is a youngster too. You too might like to make friends. Always nice to have friends near your age."

Hearing her name Vin came over, "Ah did I hear my name?"
She had been curious and now she had an excuse to come over and be part of the conversation.

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Toshiko thought about what she was being told.

"So I should fabricate my age around humans to avoid calling attention to my true nature? I don't understand the whole Kitsune business, to be honest, ma'am. I was... am a fox, and then someone used magic and made me... more, I guess."

Vin then came over, after hearing her name.

"I suppose you did. I am Toshiko, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Vincetie
No Avatar

"Yes that is exactly what you should do. You are no longer a normal fox. Many normal people get a bit silly or violent about things that aren't the same as them. Some are more understanding, but best to be cautious. Until you are sure you can trust a person it is best not to reveal yourself too much. As for Kitsunes well we are good at hiding our selves. All Kitsunes have talent for illusions spells. I can show you a few spells if you want."

Telma smiled finding this new kid to be interesting. It seemed she had been infused and gained magic or something. Well Kitsunes were often created in interesting ways. This was a lucky fox.

Vin waited for Telma to finish and responded, "Ah nice to meet you Toshiko . I am called Vincetie or Vin for short and your another Kitsune? Wow I haven't met any besides mom. Hmm... I wonder if we can be friends?"

Vin's tails wagged excitedly. She sort of liked the idea of having another friend of her new species. Well she also didn't have that many friends as her new self.

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Telma confirmed Toshiko's question, which gave her plenty to think about, although she was not given the chance to ponder it too long, as Vin chimed in almost immediately afterwards.

"A pleasure, Vin. I... yes, I am another kitsune, I suppose. I am not overwhelmingly familiar with friendship, outside of my own sibling. But yes, I suppose we could be friends, for as long as such an arrangement pleases us both."

She smiled, a gentle expression that had a hint of icy calculation behind it. She was not holding any ill will towards Vin, but she had begun to regain her bearings, and she was in a strange environment, surrounded by people that knew far more about her than she did about them. The whole situation made Toshiko slightly uneasy.

Vincetie
No Avatar

Vin looked interested, "Ah cool you have a sibling? A brother or a sister? Oh and where do you come from?"

Vin was mostly just curious about this new friend of hers. Vin was fairly simple when it came to getting to know others. She was a bit more cautious, but Telma seemed calm around her and she trusted Telma's judgement.

Telma just smiled and said, "Ah well in that case I will let you two get to know each other. I got a few chores to handle. Vin can probably answer most of the simple questions about Kitsunes if you have any. Oh and feel free to get order any food or drink. My little Vin doesn't have too many friends and I do appreciate those who can play nice with her."

She handed over a menu to Toshiko before heading through the back door. Vin was there to take any orders Toshiko had.

Telma kept a magical eye on the situation, but was also checking her wards on the inn. It was unusual for another Kitsune to arrive here let alone one with a possible sibling outside. If they were truly this young then she felt like she wanted to take them in and help them out.It was a tough thing learning about magic and heritage of Kitsune. Though in truth she was just a bit lonely at times. She made the inn to meet others and Vin had helped a lot. Then again having a few other kids around might be nice too... well she was getting ahead of herself. They might not even want to come again...

...plus .... her kind were very tricky.... could this Toshiko be pretending... well Vin had a way of being too truthful and making others drop their guard... sigh she hated the politics of her own kind. Then again nothing could really threaten her in this place. It was her inn her realm. She did hope it was just a kid.

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Toshiko thought to herself, for a moment, while looking over the menu, replying almost absent-mindedly, as if she were looking for something.

"Yeah, my sister, Asami. I come from the woods. I don't know the name for them in your tongue. I always called them the Big Woods, or Eternal Woods."

She kept scanning the menu over and over, clearly mildly frustrated. She then turned to Vin, her mossy green eyes confused.

"Do you have the things? I can't remember what they are called. The tasty-feathered-meat-birds? Me and my sister used to eat them all the time."
Edited by Toshiko, Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 am.

Vincetie
No Avatar

Vin chuckled at the question, " Odd the menue usually translates for most people... Ah can you not read? Though you probably mean chicken. They gow like bawk bawk and such? She looked for confirmation.

If confirmed she woukd continue, "Yeah we have several dishes with chicken. We got some chicken and beef stew. We have rosted chicken plate with some mashed potatoes. Then we have a salad with barbaque chicken. That is chicken in spicy sweet sauce. Any of those sound good or I can bring out a bit of each as a sampler?

Oh and there is only one big forest I know of and that is Norwood. Or at least that is what most people call it. It is were most of the elves live. Oh and anything to drink with your food? We have a lot of types of alcohol... I can list them out if you want?"

Vin found this interesting this person clearly had trouble with the menu. She looked old enough.... then again she had met tribal people or such in this inn.... it brought in all sorts. She was getting more curious, but would take the ordee to the kitchen first before come back with the food and drink. She was not hungry, but she did come back with a small glass of wine for herself.

Toshiko
Member Avatar

Toshiko chuckled at Vin's impression of a chicken, before nodding slowly.

"Yes, chicken. That was what he called it. The sweet and spicy one sounds lovely, though I do not wish to impose. As for the menu..."

She paused a moment, debating on whether to admit her own ignorance or not. While she didn't know these people, they had shown her kindness and welcome, and treated her so far as family. With a sigh, she continued.

"You are right, I cannot read. When I learned of words, it was a concept of sound, and the mind. The 'scribbles' were not part of my education, unfortunately."

She was also offered a new name for her home, as well as a drink.

"Norwood... Norwood... I think I have heard that name used... It is somewhat fuzzy, to be honest. As for a drink, do you have the one, I saw a man making it, it smelled like moss burning over honey trees. He had it in great big barrels, tasted like sugar and death.... mead! I think he called it mead."

Vincetie
No Avatar

She nodded, "Yes we have mead. That is one of the more common drinks. I will be back shortly." Vin then went into the back and came back with the drinks and the plate of food. She also brought back a larger menu and a sheet of paper. Serving the food and drink she then put the larger menu to the side. There were a few pages and they had pictures. The other page of paper she set put between them so it was easy to see.

Vin took a small sip of her own wine as she sat down again. Placing her drink down she spoke, "Well hope you like the food and drink. Oh and I got the other menu there if you are still hungry afterwards. We have a few customers who can't read, so we keep a couple of those around. Just try not to get spill anything on it. And this last page right here. She pointed at the sheet of paper "is something I can use to maybe help you learn to read. I had a friend who worked here briefly and did not know the local languages, so we had to go over the letters and the sounds they can make. The top goes over individual letters and this part at the bottom is combinations that can change the sound. With this after you finish eating I can sound them out loud and you can learn well the basics of reading...well try to at least I am not a great teacher, so do not expect too much. Hmm... we might want to do it in my room upstairs though. It might be embarassing if a customer walks in on your lesson... it can be embaressing not knowing things... I knew way too little about the world before Telma took me in, so I get it." She picked up the page to protect it while Toshiko ate her food. Vin hopped she liked the food.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Beyond Imythess · Next Topic »

Top RP SitesVote for Imythess at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
Misty Woods created by Helena & Cory of ZNR