|Welcome to GraphixNetworks! We appreciate your signing up and your help in creating and maintaining the BEST graphics community on the net. Here are a few basic rules we’d like you to follow when posting and visiting to help things run nice and smooth.
Punishment lengths are listed at the bottom.
1. INAPPROPRIATE PICTURES - Disturbing or inappropriate images are a violation of the Invision Free terms of service. The posting of such images or links to such images can cost GN their ability to own a forum as well as your ability to access IF. We ask that you refrain from posting them.<BR><BR>
2. DISCRIMINATION – This rule should go without saying. The staff of GN holds a zero tolerance policy toward discrimination. Any member who uses slang or vulgar terms in the form of insults to race, sex, religion, disability, age, ethnic group or any such form of categorisation will be dealt with VERY harshly, so DON’T do it.<BR>
--- Discrimination is the treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice: racial discrimination; discrimination against foreigners, using slang (e.g. 'gay', 'niggar') in offensive manners, etc.<BR><BR>
3. FIGHTING – We here at GN wish for everyone to have an enjoyable time, not just you. Due to this, we ask that you treat each other how you would want to be treated. This means that the rule your parents probably taught you applies: “If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all”. If someone says something you don’t like, don’t try to fight it, simply hit the “My Controls” button and PM a mod or admin, we will investigate, and punishments will be distributed.<BR><BR>
4. INSULTS – Also known as flaming. This is like fighting and the rule applys: “Don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all”. It is better on your part to simply PM a mod or admin about someone who is being rude to you than to fight back. If someone PMs you with insults then forward the PM to a mod or admin and that member will be dealt with accordingly. If you are attacked you do NOT have the right to retaliate; in doing so you will be treated as an equal in the problem and receive punishments, if deemed punishable.<BR><BR>
5. INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE – We ask that you refrain from using vulgar terms as well as swear words. This rule goes along side with rule number two (2).
6. WAREZ – Warez are cracked versions of programs that involve stealing from a company. For example: Joe posts a crack of Photoshop. This is a violation of the IF Terms of Service and Joe will be reported to IF as well as banned from GN. By posting warez you put GN in risk of being shut down.<BR><BR>
7. DISOBEDIANCE – Being rude to a staff member of any sort is considered a high offence and is not taken lightly. By insulting or being rude to a staff member, you run the risk of suspension and ban.<BR><BR>
8. DOUBLE POSTING – If you double post on accident (such as hitting “Post Reply” twice) then please, notify a mod or admin and we will get everything cleaned up, this is not a violation of the rules as it was an accident, just don’t let it happen too often. If you post once then post again soon after in order to bump your topic you will be warned or suspended depending on your past history.<BR><BR>
9. STAFF - Do not request to be staff. We are always browsing the forums and show off section looking for who could be on staff next. If you are good enough we will contact you through PM, AIM, or MSN and request what we need. A decision will be made by vote of the staff so be sure you are on good terms will everyone. You will not become a staff member of any form if you have been warned in the past.<BR><BR>
10. ADVERTISING – We have set up a forum (located here: Advertising) at which you can plug your board or site. You must have 100 posts but it is well worth it as GN is a high traffic forum. The only rules (besides needing 10 posts) are that we do not allow resource boards, which are boards in the category of graphics making and skin making. Resource boards are basically boards that are the same as GN. Advertising through PM is not tolerated.<BR><BR>
11. MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS – This is not a high offence unless you are using multiple accounts in inappropriate ways. Extra accounts will be deleted and any inappropriate use will be dealt with to the main account.<BR><BR>
12. GRAMMAR. No one is perfect but it is annoying to read: “hies gyz, Im hrr 4 sm gfx.” It is ok to abbreviate though. This means lol, gfx, img, etc. are acceptable.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT USE “I DIDN’T KNOW” AS AN EXCUSE. THE RULES ARE POSTED AND THE PUNISHMENTS ARE POSTED.
If you break a rule, you may have:<BR>
1. Receive a warning through PM.<BR>
2. Warning level increased.<BR>
3. Suspension. (maximum of 2 weeks, minimum of 2 days)<BR>
4. Permanent ban.<BR>
(When your warning level is increased it can be anywhere from 10-100)
1. Immediate Ban<BR>
2. Immediate Ban<BR>
3. 2 week suspension, Ban upon 2rd offense<BR>
4. 1 week suspension, Ban upon 2nd offense<BR>
5. 1 warning, 1 week suspension upon 2nd Offense, Ban upon 3rd offense.<BR>
6. 2 week suspension, Ban upon 2nd offense<BR>
7. 2 week suspension, Ban upon 2nd offense<BR>
8. 2 warnings, 1 week suspension, Ban upon 4th offense<BR>
9. 3 warnings, 1 week suspension for each offense thereafter.<BR>
10. 1 warning, 1 week suspension upon 2nd offense, Ban upon 3rd offense.<BR>
11. Deletion of extra accounts, any inappropriate use will be dealt upon main account.<BR>
12. 3 warnings, 1 week suspension for each offense thereafter.
The staff reserve the right to edit your posts and topics, if neccessary and without warning.<BR>
These rules are subject to change at any time by GraphixNetworks administration, with or without notice. <BR> Changes made may be effective immediately; it is the responsability of the user (you) to keep up to date with the rules and check them regularly.<BR>
These are the rules please do what they say, but still have fun.<BR><BR>