Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fresh Vegetables; Re-Introducing Myself to Vegetables
Topic Started: Mar 11 2008, 08:31 AM (314 Views)
Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Last Saturday, my friends and I visited the Burtonsville Armish Market.

So exciting to me!

I purchased fresh beets, spinach, egg plant, tomatoes, cumcumbers and romaine lettuce.

I cooked the beets and its greens separately. So delicious! The spinach was good and sweet. I also had asparagus which I had purchased from a local store. My mother stated that as a child I did not like these vegetables.

Last night in class, a fellow student shared with the class cartons of sweet potatoes. What a blessing! This week I will cook the sweet potatoes and egg plant. How do you cook the egg plant?

:any:

Thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
Ironia I was a bad kid and bad adult lol I dont eat as many veggies as I should...I dont think I have ever had eggplant before what does it taste like? I DO love romaine lettuce, tomatos and cucumbers tho! I like fresh spinach in a salad to for the iron. :broc: :veg:
:hug:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Ironia, I have had wonderful eggplant dishes, but have never cooked it myself.

All those veggies, out of season, soundy doubly wonderful.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
:) Thank you editor and Connie for your responses. Connie -- at least you are getting your veggies in through salads. Yes, I do like romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomato. I cannot describe the taste of eggplant because it is usually included with other veggie per dish.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soup's On · Next Topic »
Add Reply