Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
vegetable hater's broccoli salad; Very good! By Wendy
Topic Started: Sep 18 2007, 03:30 PM (359 Views)
Wendy Adelissa
Member Avatar
Sold Out To God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok, I am known for hating most vegetables. I like salads and veggies that are in soups but that is about it there are others that I can tolerate because I know they are good for me but I wouldn't say I like them. (I also like corn and potatoes but they are on the Higher end of the GI) I can stomach broccolli if it is disguised and I think this does the trick.

1.5 cups of chopped broccoli (I thaw out frozen bags and just run a knife through the florets to make them a little smaller.)
1/2 cup seedless red grapes
1tsp mayo
1/4 tsp splenda or sugar if you prefer
handful of almond slivers
splash (few drops really) red wine vinegar
some finely choped onion if desired (I usually put a light sprinking)
2 slices low fat honey roasted turkey, chopped.

I just toss all that around and it is amazing how the different flavors and textures compliment each other! I don't even notice the broccolli at all! This is my low fat, low sugar version of a friend's broccolli salad (and mine is for 1 serving and I am not overly fond of rasins ;)) and hers is even better because she puts bacon in it MMMM! Here is her version:
1/2 # bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 bunch red grapes, seedless
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. raisins

Dressing: 1 c. mayonnaise, 1/2 c. sugar, splash vinegar
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
wow, i can't imagine that combination or eating the brocoli cold like that --- i don't mind it in soups but thats about it as far as brocoli go's :) looks like an interesting recipe though!

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
I have had the one with raisin's and bacon. It is unbelievably delicious. If you could call broccoli a desert, that is how I describe this dish!

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
that sounds bizarre thinking it can taste that good?

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
If you look at the content of that dressing, you'll see what is the deal. :lol:

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
hmm sugary lol but it still all seems ...... strange to my tastebuds :)

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Actually I would never have made this from the ingredients listed. My SIL made this one holiday, and it really disappeared quickly as she asked us unbelievers to just taste it. It became a tradition.

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
"Actually I would never have made this from the ingredients listed. My SIL made this one holiday, and it really disappeared quickly as she asked us unbelievers to just taste it. It became a tradition." :) sounds like it became a good tradition

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Soup's On · Next Topic »
Add Reply