Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Silly question; How much time do I give to this each day
Topic Started: Jul 15 2007, 12:27 PM (595 Views)
sunnyday
No Avatar
Sold Out To God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:iam:

This might seem a silly question but I am going to ask it anyway.

I know the Lord is dealing with me and my bad eating habits.
I know I must concentrate more on giving God the glory in all areas of my life.
I cannot separate one part of my life from another.
He must be Lord of ‘all’ or not at all.

My question is this, and I hope I can put into words what I am trying to say.

Do I put all my efforts into seeking God in this matter only, until I feel I can move on, or is that being selfish?
How much time should I give to this eating thing each day?

To me, at the moment, it is not so much ‘losing the weight’ that matters, it is bring glory to God through good eating habits.

Editor, I would really appreciate your views on this.

If I am not making myself clear please ask questions.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think that has to be done through prayer and follow the Lord where He where wants to take you and guide you.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
(MSG) Psa 31:6 I hate all this silly religion, but you, GOD, I trust.

Trust God to lead you in what is of importance in your life. Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

We get so hung up on body size. I see it all the time where we don't advance in spiritual matters, or perhaps others do not let us because we are looking with eyes, not heart. Our dedication should be to not what we think or see or feel or witness, but to what the Hoy Spirit is gently and repetitiously saying to us which we keep on trying to quench Him in pursuit of other matters. WWJD? What is He really dealing with you about? I'll bet it is not your eating habits---that will improve on its own when you discover what Jesus is really saying. :jesus:

sunnyday
No Avatar
Sold Out To God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you for the advice.
I know I can and must trust the Lord for His plans to be worked out in my life.

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Sunny, I know the Lord is moving upon you greatly. You will come out of the valley to go upon the mountaintops with Him. Then back to the valley for learning and experiences, only to rise again. It is life's cycle that if we are to be yielded and surrendered to Him, then we must follow Him where He leads. Big hug to you for your willingness to have your walk ordered by the Lord in all things so that He might receive the glory.

monkey143
Member Avatar
Deacon
Hi, Sunny! No question is a silly one. So many of us here have made food our idol, and that is our sin. You are putting God ahead of food, and that can only be the right decision. Please let us know what you find out, when you hear from God.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ask A Question · Next Topic »
Add Reply