Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Self control & growing up; How do I get this???
Topic Started: Jun 11 2007, 12:07 PM (725 Views)
mazing
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
:noon: Hi Everyone,
Well, I think I've discovered where I keep falling. I hope you weren't 'put off' by the title of this topic. I'm sure I would have been, oh, 24 hours ago. But the Lord has been speaking to me..ever so gently of course about self control. Now I know the word is specific about us having self control, it is one of the fruits. However, I've realized that I've always had really good excuses.. :but: abusive childhood, failed marriage, deaths and other significant losses..and on and on. But here I am, not so threatened by this call to be self controlled. I have been asking the Lord since yesterday when I finally heard HIM lol..for it. I've been asking for more of His presence and his direction..so I thought of you and wondered if any of you may have been here ore are here. And what advise or guidance you can shed on this for me.
I'm so thankful for this site. I don't come regularly but I feel comforted in knowing it is here and that people who love Lord Jesus are united in this challenge.
Thankyou!
Karen..aka mazing...and don't I need grace :rolleyes: :amen:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Hi Karen, and so glad you knew to come here when the Lord spoke to you!

The fruit of the Spirit--self-control must come from the Spirit, our own will power does not produce this exotic fruit.

If you are up for a journey I have a 12 day plan for the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.4dove,com

If that is too overwhelming right now, let me assure you that He which began a good work in you will complete it. You have taken the first step of not only asking in prayer but in hearing. God highly favors those two way conversations. And don't forget another fruit is patience or longsuffering. So you'll get that too on your journey to self-control. :bless: And stay around here and respond too.

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
The secret to success where bearing fruit (self-control, patience, longsuffering, etc.) is abiding in the Vine. There's an excellent book by Andrew Murray "Abiding in Christ" that goes into more detail if you're up for a good read.

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Mazing.....Karen, It is good to see you. Self-control is something that I struggle with....well I struggle in spurts. Sometimes I listen to His precious :spirit: and then the control is so easy, :but: -- :aw: there are times when I get busy - or I 'want-what-I-want-when-I-want-it' and I push that little still voice down, brush it aside, [ :should: ], or forget to spend time :prayed: so I :jog: my own trail -- that is when I struggle. The :ghug: here, keep me 'in - line' and I am becoming better at the self-control because of it. So, no, you are not alone, but the fellowship here is great, and will help strengthen the resolve to learn self-control. Editor is fantastic with her lessons....you can't help but grow from them. I hope you will come back often and let us learn together the Self-control that will please God.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ask A Question · Next Topic »
Add Reply