Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
See What You Eat!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2007, 02:27 AM (182 Views)
ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
See what you eat. Put your food on a plate instead of eating out of the jar, container, or bag. You'll be amazed at how much larger a serving looks on a plate. Reading diet journals for others, I often see, "a handful of," "a taste or sample of," or "about a dozen or so." Sounds harmless enough, but "guessimating" is not the same as reality. When food is spread out on your plate, you will see that it is a serving, and not a bite or two. If you train yourself to eat in portion sizes of approximately 4 ounces, you will know exactly what you have eaten and you will find the right formula for less is more {satisfying}. On that note, never eat watching TV, or reading a book. Mindless eating was more than likely a major culprit in packing on the pounds. Sit at a dining space, and see what you eat!

Have a blessed day!

www.gracetoday.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

the computer is the worse place for a snack attack!
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
You are kidding me! My hands are busy on the keyboard. My eyes are on the screen. My thoughts are on what I am communicating.

Hands cannot grab food. Eyes cannot see food. Mind cannot think of food. :laugh:

What you said is a perfect example of mindless eating. :)

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
good reminders - i know my guestimates are always way off what reality is

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
When I counted calories, my glassware and utensils were a measuring cup and measuring spoons. LOL But that is why I succeeded. This time I am not doing that, but I am spreading food out on a plate (instead of piling it) and it looks like so much more, and tricks my brain into satisfaction mode. This round it is all about portion size and no second helping or snacks. I determined what my weakest points were.

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
thats a good idea spreading - and probably helps mind wise as well; when you pile it up a small amount looks so little i think it adds to the tempation to have more

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Quick Tips · Next Topic »
Add Reply