Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tune Out Negative Messages!
Topic Started: Apr 2 2007, 01:18 AM (673 Views)
ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Tune Out Negative Messages!

Learning to recognize when you are negatively judging your body and when you are accepting and nurturing it is a mandate for all dieters. The more you practice self acceptance the more comfortable it will feel. The more comfortable you are with sending your self positive messages, the more success you will have in your diet. Don't criticize your body or your past attempts. There will always be those that line up ahead of you to do just that. Establish a positive affirmation for the day, and an accompanying Scripture. "Chew" on that, rather than negative failure. A daily word for your "healthy diet" to eradicate negative "feedings" can be found here:
http://www.our.homewithgod.com/gracetoday/

Have a blessed day!

www.gracetoday.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks.Ive been reading these daily scriptures.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Good for you, Nancy! Last year I realized how many negative thoughts I have had my entire life---about me. I was believing lies. Stupid, lazy, ugly, the list goes on and on how I treated myself. I would never dream of thinking that let alone re-enforcing that to someone else. What in the world was wrong with me. I began taking captive every ugly thought I had about myself, and turning to Christ. He set me free from negativity. He saw the need all along, even when I hadn't.
Practice, and you'll see a big change in your life, and in your relationship with God. :bless:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Werent you putting money in a jar ?before I left the site.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Yes! That is what did it for me, and why I went n to build that new site.
And I am free of name-calling and believing labels about me that are not true. practice and pray, Nancy, until you know how beloved you are and that Jesus has never, ever called you a nasty name. Why should you?

Deleted User
Deleted User

yes Im hearing that,I need to get it to the heart though too.Sorry Im not well tonight.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
It takes a great deal of time and courage, Nancy. I am in prayer for you. You might know that I suffered with mental illness also, diagnosed in 1981. It is difficult indeed, when such stigma is placed upon you.

Is it still the same losy ailment you have had for weeks already?

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
I know you had a good convo going here didnt want to interrupt just read this and wanted to comment this is very good

This is an area that the Lord has been dealing with me in. I have been so used to being so negative about myself. Dave actually pointed out to me in the EEE challange recently not to refer to me or my unwise choices at times as being stupid. I have been my own worse enemy at times. Iam learning more of who Iam in Christ and how he sees me and whether I feel like it or not that is who Iam. Iam doing what you suggested to Nancy Editor according to 2 Cor 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. I have to do it ALOT lol but Iam quicker now at recognizing the thoughts and speaking the word over them. Thats why Ariella's challange sounded so good Speak the Truth how wonderful to learn together how to learn to speak who we are in Christ over ourselves.. sounds like a :vic: challenge to me. :) :rah:
Nancy I will be praying for you also, I know my birthmom was diagnosed with mental illness also and she is very hurt by how some have treated her.
Blessings to both of you :hug:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Glad you opened up, Connie. Some of us have known no other way since childhood, and never realized there is a remedy and a desire from Christ to be free based on the Scipture you provided.

Read this from the MSG Bible version, and leap with joy! Mat 4:24 Word got around the entire Roman province of Syria. People brought anybody with an ailment, whether mental, emotional, or physical. Jesus healed them, one and all.

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
Editor I'm loven that translation :hal: :re:

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
Nancy and Connie maybe we need to restart our speak the truth challenge --- especially after seeing Editors success -- and twin i'm so glad the challenge and affirming yourself with God's truth has helped you!!! wow i'm so behind i haven't even looked at your new project yet!!! forgive me ...... it sounds wonderful.

LOL this morning as I was going in the front door at work I caught myself in the doors reflection and thought what a hippo! then thought at least i'm less of a hippo than i was - then was thinking of our challenge and turned it to being i'm hippoless and burst out laughing with that thought!!! then reminded myself i'm also a precious child of God - woohoo!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

im terrible at memorizing scriptures I dont know how so I didnt get involved in that one challenge I want to thoughThat plan that you have Editor requires me to change the screen to make the words bigger each time I go there and I dont want to mess with that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Editor Sun nite my neighbor died of cancer here at our apts so last night I was not feeling good.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Jil, we have always thought negativity is normal. Ugh! Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Here our thoughts are to be HONEST, and belittling ourselves, when God doesn't is a lie.

Nancy, you needn't memorize a Scripture. What you do according to the above verse is think on good things. Exchange that negative thought for a positive one. Just like the site gives you a positive statement (affirmation) to say. You needn't memorize, just speak good reports, praise, things that are lovely, and virtues about yourself.

Ariella, you put it to practice and the Lord gave you joyful laughter!

Ariella
Member Avatar
Trustee
nancy, i'm sorry to hear about your neighbour and that you still aren't well :(

as far as the challenge - you don't need to memorise the scripture as editor has said - but learning the truth is always good :) like knowing God calls us loved and reminding ourselves of this when we reach instead for a negative comment about ourselves

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
Editor- thanks for the scripture and that is a :point: you made. I have so many years of saying the most awful things over myself, seriosly it has been sad even friends get upset with me for how unkind I have been to me. I do want to be dilligent at eliminating those wrong thoughts and words over myself with the Lord's help. Iam so thankful that God is working in me and showing me what needs to change. :hal: Jesus Loves me! :rose:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
That is a Scripture everybody knows. But nobody practices. Think on these things, it says. The only way we can do that is by thinking on the Word of God, which I know you all are doing. Meditate, we are almost afraid to use that word because of new age practices.

1Ti 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. KJV

MSG says it like this: 1Ti 4:15 Cultivate these things. Immerse yourself in them. The people will all see you mature right before their eyes!

Do it for maturity in Christ!

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
so true about christians not liking the meditate idea , but it simply means to relfect on, the only thing that is gonna change us is God's Word so time to keep on filling up on the promises that God says Iam and continue casting down the lies. I love that word cultivate dont you? :)
So in message translation 1 Tim 4:15 If we define cultivate( Foster the growth of), (define immerse throw yourself into them.) The people will all see you mature right before their eyes!
:hal: amen to mature, I want to continue to grow in His grace! :grace:
The Lord brought this scripture to my mind after your post.
But be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
Ariella Speak the truth challenge was a challenge that is faith in action, that encouraged the renewing of minds, which results in being transformed in our lives. I pray that it does start up again it will give each member a chance to exercise their faith in speaking the Word over themselves combating the negative with Words of life that will transform each of us. I really think it was a great challenge :)I hope Iam not talking to much or being redundant just tryng to share thoughts with you I appreciate the conversation :) thanks!

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Transformed---cultivate all these woords are great words! The Bible is one great Word!

I don't want to participate in any challenges other than Bod Squad, but I will lend my support if you all take up the challenge. It set me free. All I needed was a few months alone with our Coach, Jesus.

This is the Truth signature URL

http://www.boomspeed.com/editor/truth.gif

and it looks like this:

Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Im trying to read my Bible through in a yr with a plan my church is using.So hopefully I can write down things that minister to my heart that I want to learn.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Nancy, you will be so blessed and pleasantly surprised by doing this. I use Bible Pathways which is 15 min. a day to go through the Bible in one year. This year though I am going through the NT 4 times in a year. The Living Word will really minister to you and mature you.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well in James it tells us to have perseverance or stand firm in our trials like not give up when you cant loose the weight.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
You have got it! Did you know I wrote an entire Bible Study on the book of James for dieters? Maybe I should resurrect it and post it on Grace Today?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Theres alot of good stuff in James and easy to read.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
He really exhorts us and speaks common sense with the Word!

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Nancy, also go to Motivation Station forum for a quick 1 minute a day new series I am doing.

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/Grace_To...0433&st=0&#last

Deleted User
Deleted User

my Bible plan this yr is from www.mastersline.com I dont know if thers a plan to follow online or if it just suggests ordering the book.Its a calendar book.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Snackbar??I went there I had that verse underlined.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
One essential help in reading the Bible, is to know God will confirm His Word to you. He is indeed visiting you, Nancy! :re:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
I try to do everything free and online. I checked out your source though.
You might be excited to know Wendyladi just posted this link for a through the Bible study that has an audio feature. I know you have vision problems and would really appreciate this.

http://www.lesfeldick.org/

Deleted User
Deleted User

yes and for you being in the mh system your doing a remarkable thing here all with Gods help.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Aw, thanks. Boy, do we know the "system"! That could be a year long discussion!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I dont have vision problems maybe you got mixed up when I said I was having trouble changing my screen back and forth on the memory verse program you have listed at the bottom of the menu.It required me to change my screen to big lettrs and I didnt want to mess with it.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Oh, I am sorry. I did misunderstand and thought you were using the hanidcap visability tool. I love the audio now and am trying to include that when I can in some of my sites. I don't know why you had to change screens. I don't understand that. I do not have to. Curious, I'll have to see what I can think of why that happened to you.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Was it only for Windows because I have Windows XP Home and sometimes I try Windows only things and they dont work right.I guess Im only suppose to do xp things but I wanted to try the verses.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
I also have Windows XP. That might have been the problem. I don't know.

I just went to my accessibilty tools and XP only has a magnifier. Win 98 had a totally different program, and yours might have inadvertantly been marked. I really don't know.

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Holy God, help me with my thought life today. Help me think positive and pleasant thoughts today, thoughts that please You. Amen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Quick Tips · Next Topic »
Add Reply