Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eliminate Evening Eating Challenge; Join in any time!
Topic Started: Mar 1 2007, 01:04 PM (32,007 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Tim had started this challenge in 2005. Let's renew our commitment to the EEE concept - Eliminate Evening Eating.

Simply (ha, ha) do not eat anything after dinner until breakfast the next morning. All that you should have would be water, and not too much unless you want to get exercise by walking to the bathroom all night long. :lol:

Let's begin effective immediately, as today is March 1, 2007. I think this is something that should become a habit for many of us so let's not put an end date to this, but leave it as a continous challenge.

Who will join me? Who will be a EEE Champion?

(Dear Editor Candy, could you please make a graphic that those of us who want to join this challenge can put in our signature? Something simple like "EEE Challenger". Maybe another graphic or smilie that says "EEE Champion" that we can use when posting our progress? Please? :th:)

:die: :dont: :focus:
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Dave, I am happy to see this challenge here. I had to give it some thought. I don't just want to join this challenge half-heartedly much like I did with the water challenge. I know the benefits to not eating so late in the evening and besides losing weight, getting a good night's sleep is one of them. My one concern for you is because you have diabetes. Can you go that long without eating and wouldn't it affect your blood sugar levels?

I know this is going to be a tough one already before I even commit and I don't want to sit on the fence with doing this for so many nights out of 7 either. Am I willing for this to become a lifestyle change for me? Yes, if my dh can change his lifestyle after being diagnosed with Type II then I can do this for me and for him. So, put me down for this one, starting NOW! I will not eat after 7:00 p.m. Mon - Sun as a lifestyle change.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Allright, Denise! I am so glad you are joining this challenge.

Being that I am not on any medication for the diabetes, fasting after dinner until breakfast should cause no problems. When I was on meds (metformin), I had to eat every 2 hours or my blood sugar would go too low. I should see better fasting blood sugars each morning if I don't eat in the evening.

This is changing our lifestyes, as you said. Most of the time when I eat in the evening I am not hungry, just "want" something because I am used to having it.

Here is to a successful new EEE challenge! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

rosie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
dave i am in on this one, for i still have a big problem here
i usually do my eating during the night
and it does cause me concern
so i am in on this one love rosie :conq:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Welcome Rosie! I am very glad you are joining this challenge. :brill:
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
:team:

Here you go!

This can go in the sig of challengers

Posted Image

http://www.boomspeed.com/editor/eee.gif

And here is the one for the champ

Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

I LOVE the graphics! :real: Thank you very much.

OK, EEE Challengers, please add the new graphic to your signature. If you need help, please let me know.

As far as the 'champ' graphic, I'm not sure yet how we will use that one. My first thought was that if it was a smilie we can use it when posting how we did the night before or recently. Maybe after a time period, say a month, we'll award the champ graphic to the one who eliminated evening eating the most. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Dear Editor Candy, can I trouble you one more, please? How about a smilie that says 'EEE Success'. We can use that when we post our progress. Thank you.
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
O.K., your choice for the description each evening is either :ed: :did:

Deleted User
Deleted User

:th: again, Dear Editor Candy.

OK, I've decided to chart our progress for the next three months. Here is a link to the EEE Challenge Success Chart: http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/Grace_To...=0#entry2518167

We'll track how many times each month we are successful. Then at the end of the three months the graphic will be awarded, and we will start fresh with a new 3 month period.

Questions? Comments? Snide remarks? :lol: Just let me know. (I had a teacher in high school who always said that)

Thank you!
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Doing good, Dave! And for my overly spoiled children :) here I did this one

:suc:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks, Mom!! :lol:

I like these other new smilies as well: :fool: :look:

FYI, ":ed: is just showing like this: :ed: (a nice red X).
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Mine shows, who else can't see this :ed:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Now I see it! 'Evening Disaster'. I pray no one has any of those, but if you do remember you will recover with God's help. Don't be afraid to post that if that is what happened. Share your struggles as well as your successes.
Quote Post Goto Top

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Dave - Tim's was the first challenge I joined here and it's got me written all over it right now - count me in!

Thanks for starting it back up...

-=Mike

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey, Mike! I am thrilled you are joining this challenge. You inspired it with your post from earlier today.

Let's do it!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Alright Gang! We've got our work cut out for us tonight. 2 hours to go until the kitchen is closed!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
:)
Please count me in! Thank you.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm very glad you are joining us, Ironia! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Ouch! Cringe! Ouch! It was 7:05 last night and I thought of having something to eat! 7:05!!! :ek: Well, I thought about this challenge and opted for a glass of water instead. My stomach started growling around 9:30 so I talked myself out of it with the challenge again. I am happy to report :suc:

So how'd you all do? I am looking forward to hearing about you.....

Deleted User
Deleted User

Excellent, Denise!! I was tempted several times last evening as well, but like you I thought of this challenge. :praise: God, I was :suc: :woo:
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Way to go Dave!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Good morning Team! :suc: Even before I knew that I would be on this Challenge, I had already made up my mind to not eat an evening meal. So, no I did not eat after 7:00 p.m. yesterday!

:fel:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great job, Ironia!!
Quote Post Goto Top

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Well...I hate to break the streak that Ironia, Dave, and Roseheart have going, but I'm :guilt: of not meeting the challenge - had a few girlscout cookies immediately after dinner.

I can claim a small victory though...when I did look to snacking later during the Penguin hockey game, I remembered the challenge, and replaced my bbq chip/reese's peanutbutter egg combo snack with a bottle of flavored water. It's a start... :blink:

-=Mike

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mike, you did have a real victory. And I don't think eating those cookies after dinner counts, they were a moderate dessert and part of the meal, IMHO. I think you did :sup:
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
I agree with Dave Mike, in fact, you need to put a :suc: in your post to make it official!!

Ann
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I'm not sure yet if I should sign up for this challenge or not. I usually have supper at 4 o'clock when dh gets home from work. Around 7 or 8, I like to have a light snack- 1/2 an apple, orange, or banana -- or a handful of grapes, or a small slice of cheese. It's not the norm for me to eat a lot at night anyway. I'll have to think on it some more.

Ann

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ann, I would love it if you would join. I would encourage you to take your time and think and pray about it. You don't seem to have any problems with evening eating, unlike some of us who this challenge is for. Just like I don't feel the need to join the water drinking challenge officially because I routinely drink 3-4 quarts of water per day, you may not feel the need to offically join this challenge. However, whatever you decide, please feel free to come here and participate in the chatting. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Ann - Agreeing with Dave - if you're having struggles staying in that "normal routine", then there's a challenge at hand to be had. If not, hope you'll pop by to say hello...

Dave/Coach - thanks so much for the encouragement.

-=Mike

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
:morn: :suc: It feels good to wake up hungry!

Blessings and :fel:

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn: fellow EEE challengers.

Great job, Ironia! :brill:

I did not snack last night after supper at all. However, Fayrda and I enjoyed a glass of red wine about 9:30, which we routinely do on most weekend evenings. Along with the wine I had a small piece of sharp cheddar cheese.

While it was not an :ed:, was I fully :suc: ? I am leaning towards a 'yes', but ask for others opinions.
Quote Post Goto Top

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Dave, I hope I don't offend you however, I thought that it was NO eating after dinner (supper) and not SOME eating after dinner (summer). Enough said!

The "Evening Disaster" smiley, I thought, meant just that you had something to eat after dinner (supper) and that it didn't mean just a whole lot.

Perhaps we need to establish more ground rules here so there is no confusion. What say you?

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
I am going to use this particular "page" to post my successful/disaster smileys. I guess you could say I'm "recycling".

March 1 :suc:
March 2 :suc: (it wasn't easy after a Karate workout let me tell you what!)
March 3 :suc: (I went to bed when I got hungry otherwise I would have caved)

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Coach - so glad to see you're 2/2. I have a different opinion than you on my reply below to Dave's question, but I *LOVE* the fact that you have strong opinions that you're willing to share, and always have the logic to back them up.

Dave - IMHO, the spirit of the challenge is to avoid impulse eating in the evening. Acid test would be - could you tell Him that you met the challenge you've laid out for yourself. From the sidelines, I vote that you were, so Denise & I cancel each other out - it's on you now. :)

Me on the other hand... instinctively grabbed 1/2 dozen of those little candy valentines (you know...the ones with "be mine", etc. on them) that happened to be in the alarm clock in my bedroom. :op: Close twice, but 0/2 on the challenge.

-=Mike

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Oh, but I'm also always willing to extend grace. So, with that being said, I would give Dave 2/2 and Mike 2/2 and am very thankful that the both of you were very honest with your reporting in! Now, you have my full 2 cents worth!

So if I understand correctly then, as long as you're not eating a meal after dinner, it's okay to have the odd nibble or two. Yes?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I must admit, in my exuberance to start this challenge I forgot about Fayrda and my weekend evenings glass of wine.

The whole spirit of this challenge is to help us break the impulse eating we do in the evenings. Tim's original rules, and what I was basing this new challeng upon, were that there would be absolutely no eating from after supper, say 7:00 pm, until breakfast the next morning. I think those rules are great and we should adhere to them.

IMHO, an :ed: would be if we actually snacked. Having only a nibble is a very good thing, but that would fall somewhere in the middle and not be a true success.
Therefore, I think we should only consider we were :suc: if we do not eat at all, and drink only water or other calorie-free/caffeine-free beverage in that time frame.

Based on all I've stated above, Denise and Ironia are 2/2, while Mike and I are 1/2 each.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, friends. And PLEASE keep sharing your victories and struggles. Thanks.

BTW, Rosie - I've missed you the past few days. How are you doing?
Quote Post Goto Top

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Sorry I missed your post earlier, Ironia - great job! Please chime in on our rules-of-the-road chatter.

Dave - no matter how you slice/dice it, the scale has its own set of rules that none of us can meddle with. :weigh:

-=Mike

rosie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
hi dave i did not even get started yet
though i never ate during the night last night
:th: dave for making it clearer, no eating after supper, will start tomorrow, i really need this challenge
big problem with this eating after supper
we are all in this together, and together we can encourage one other to win over this night time eating
love rosie :light:

Deleted User
Deleted User

:wave: Hi, Rosie. Really good to see you. We will all enjoy the :vic: over evening eating with God's help! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
:blink: Well since you asked. ;) My stance is that I thought the challenge meant to not eat or drink anything, other than water, after 7:00 p.m. Which suited me fine since that is when I do my worse damage. I tend to wind down and eat snacks while watching evening TV which impedes my weight loss progress. I know things happen, like late night dinners. But with the Lord's help, I'm just trying to break the habit of pigging out at night.

:rah: Team! :stress: , but :re:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks for your input, Ironia. Much appreciated. Yep, that's what we're doing, striving to eat nothing from after our evening meal until breakfast the next day. Just thought I'd say that again to make sure we are all on the same page.

Should be no problem for me tonight as I am staying with the boys at their sleep study. No temptation there, which is a good thing. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

monkey143
Member Avatar
Deacon
hi! Just stopping by to see what I'm missing, not being in this challenge (I don't like to eat after 6 or so - it just feels yukky to me - so I'm not joining).

Rosie and Ironia, glad to hear of your victories! Dave, enjoy that snack-free time with the boys! :)

The Lumberjack
Member Avatar
Trustee
Struggling past my temptation here. Still at work at 7:30P, no dinner until at least 8:30-9 (1 hr ride home). :hun:

I've heard conflicting theories on eating late - one says you don't burn it off, etc. but the other likens eating to storing fuel in the tank of your car. Wish I knew which was right...

-=Mike

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Good morning Team!

:suc: Drove my sister to Chick fila last night after shopping. She had a meal around 8:00 p.m. Praising the Lord that I did not give in to buying a milk shake which is one of my favorites.

Blessings!

rosie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
hi gang this really is a hard one for me
but from tonight i will not eat after my last meal,i will think of you all going through the same as me and that will help me through
i ate a pear last night, but that is nothing compared to what i used to eat
but i want to get :vic: :light: :tune: :conq: in this challenge
love rosie :stink:

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
I gave a lot of thought last night to this challenge. I agree that this first little bit is going to be tough for the majority of us. It's a fight I tell you! Nonetheless, it won't be long until it IS a part of our lifestyle and the next thing you know eating after dinner will be a difficult thing to do.

Think ahead to when it's a permanent lifestyle and the benefits of waking up after a real good night's sleep kick in. You'll be glad you signed up and more importantly that you worked at it! We really can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, we just need to get our focus and attention on Him. Besides, we can't continue in our current lifestyle and expect to be healthy and thin else we would be. What say you?

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn:

Denise, I appreciate all the thought and prayer you have put into this challenge. No, it ain't easy, but with God we can do all things, amen? Lifestyle changes are never easy, but are possible.

Last night was completely :suc: for me. I ate a bowl of popcorn about 4:30 pm, after a lunch of a grilled hamburger with veggies on whole-wheat bread about 1:00 pm, and did not eat until this morning. My fasting blood sugar this morning was 121, and I've lost 3 pounds this week so far, so it has all been worth it!!

How did everyone else do last night?
Quote Post Goto Top

rosie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
:brill: dave you got through a night without eating
i ate a pear
hope the pain in your back is not as bad now my friend
love rosie

Roseheart
Member Avatar
Trustee
Dave, I am VERY PROUD of you!!! Awesome! Good number too if you don't mind me saying so!

Well, alright Rosie! You just had a pair and that's alright! Today is a new day and you're well on your way!

I posted another Successful evening for last night on my recycling page but if it's easier for y'all if I just post via REPLY than that works for me too! I did add that I had to go to bed else I would have caved. I was hungry!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Good job with just the pear, Rosie! :brill: Yes, my back is feeling better, praise the Lord.

Denise, you were :suc: for sure. :sup: Yes, please post a reply here. I'm not sure what the recycling page is. So, I'll ask, what is a recycling page?? :)
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Add Reply