Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What are your pet's name/kind?
Topic Started: Jan 22 2005, 10:05 AM (7,490 Views)
ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
All 4 male breed dogs.

K-9
Einstein
Lucky
Moses
:animal1:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Maxx is our 10-year old male Dalmation

Tuck is our Red-eared Slider Turtle. We think he is a male because he does not have long eyelashes. :lol: He does have long front toenails, which signifies he is a male.

Cookie is our 11 month old female cat. She is orange and white.
Trinity is our 5 month old female cat. She is black and white and only has 3 legs.
Onyx is our 3 month old male cat. He is all black with gold eyes.

I don't bother naming all of the fish in our aquarium or our pond outside. However, Russell has a fish bowl with a Beta he name Data and a snail named Q. Those names are from the TV series Star Trek, The Next Generation which we faithfully watched when it was on.

Yes, we love animals in our family. :animal1: :cat:
Quote Post Goto Top

monkey143
Member Avatar
Deacon
Grizabella, a long-hair cat (part Maine Coon, I think)
Snootz, a GS/huskie blend

pilgrimk
Unregistered

Abby, a German Shepherd
Sneakers, black and white cat
Annie, tiger stripped cat

As you can tell, my cats are far from purebred :)
Quote Post Goto Top

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Lady Tess of the Isle of Kent is our almost 10 yo Golden Retriever -- we call her Tessie.

Butterscotch aka Butterball aka Butterboy aka Sir Beauregard is our 4 yr old cat very mixed Siamese. He has creamy white fur, with orange tabby points on ears, tail & feet and cool blue eyes.

Spike is our Bearded Dragon lizard, and we think a female. The critter has grown on me but I'm still afraid to handle her although her spikes are not at all sharp.

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Grace, I remember seeing a picture of Tessie on my other board. How about posting a family portrait on this board too, for all to enjoy.

lin1235
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Two cats - Stewels (a black with white feet female), don't know her breed since mom brought her home from the pet shop as a gift. That was 12 years ago!

And Minka, 4 months old, a registered munchkin - there's a picture in one of the threads. She's beautiful (beige with dark face, feet and tail). We hope to breed with her once she is "of age".

DevotedHeart
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
We have three cats with more on the way!!

Sassy is our long haired black cat who will be five next month.

Callie Sue was a stray that adopted up last June. She's a light colored calico.

Tigger is the most recent addition. After we moved to our house in October she showed up -- I could feel her ribs she was so skinny. Needless to say, I didn't get her to the vet in time and she is pregnant and due before the end of the month (I think!!). She's getting real affectionate right now. Just rubs on you and wants to be petted constantly.

They're all outside cats as we're not allowed to have animals in our rental house. Don't know what I'm going to do with Tigger having kittens!

Lenise

mom2my2
No Avatar
Sold Out To God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread is old, but since I am new and haven't bragged about my pets, here goes.

Beethoven is our 13 year old mother dog. She is small (about 20 pounds) and looks like a wolf. When we got her, my husband said to my then 5 year old son, "You can't name her Beethoven!" thinking of the St. Bernard in the movie.

I said, "He can name her anything he wants to." and Beethoven she is. We usually call her Tovi though.

She had one pup before we got her spayed. (11 1/2 years ago) Amazingly, when the pup was born, she looked just like the St. Bernard pups in the movie. Even had the same markings. Now she looks like a Lhaso Apso. My daughter named her Precious, but now we call her Precious Who Isn't, because she bites. She had surgery for breast cancer last month. She's doing great now.

We also have a hampster named Tulip. We had another named Pookie who died a couple of months ago from a tumor on her breast.

I have two African Dwarf Frogs. I have had them for two years. They don't have names. They are water frogs and live in a fish bowl. I love to watch them. They are so cute. They look like cartoon frogs.

Tiana
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
In my house lives a small Feist (Rat Terrier). As far as she's concerned, we are her live-in servants. My husband bought her as a puppy to grow into a hunting companion, a squirrel dog. But as he couldn't get around well, it fell to me to care for & train her (sit, come, stay, down, stop, wait, & the all-important NO!) I was the one who took her out at intervals through the night; I am the one she considers her main slave. She tolerates my husband as someone who occasionally lets her up on his lap for a backrub, & who lets her sit on the footrest of his recliner.
She is a tri-color: white, brindle, & dark spots, the spots giving rise to hubby's naming her "Dotty".
She is a lot of company, & is a quite willing walking partner for me.
Dotty is three years old, if I remember correctly, born in May. She's the first dog I ever had to raise from puppyhood, & it was quite a learning experience. It aged me....

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Tricia and Tiana, I loved meeting your furry friends!

mom2my2
No Avatar
Sold Out To God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, my frogs aren't furry!

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
:lol: It wasn't a slip of the tongue. I caught the frog pets. Reminded me in school my daughter was given as a project pet a caterpillar. We set up an aquarium situation and he did turn into a butterfly. The whole thing was amazing actually, but she never quite recovered from the quick demise of her first very own pet. :loll: They are all God's creatures and they are all my furry friends.

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
I have a pug named Duchess who is almost 7 years old.
I have a miniature chihuahua named Candy who is 4 years old.
I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Bonnie who is 8 months old and she is very, very lively. Forgot what it was like to have a puppy :lol:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
What a lovely family! Especially Candy. :lol:

WebTimothy
Member Avatar
Heaven Bound
We have a little mutt named Lily, a cat named Princess, two rabbits that I think have no names and a cat we call "The Garage Cat" because he/she is a stray that showed up one day and sleeps with Lily at night in the garage.

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
How cute is that!

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
We have a chihuahua named Cole he is black and tan and longhaired. He is 2 yrs old. We also have 3 cats Chloe, Zacky, and Brandi. Zacky is grey and white and is longhaired, he is a beautiful cat , he spends alot of his days (during the spring and summer)outside, he loves it .Under much protest he comes in at night. Brandi is calico she has made it her mission to tease Cole ALOT! Chloe is adorable she is very affectionate unlike the rest of our cats who only show interest in you when you bring in the chow LOL :cat: :bon:

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Your animal family sounds wonderful. Cute names too!

DevotedHeart
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I just love animals!! And I didn't realize till tonight that I hadn't updated our cats names since we have 9 now instead of 3! Here goes!

Sassy
Callie Sue
Tigger
and the kittens!! Seal, Tiger, Poohbear, Memeow, Rolypoly, and Whiskers!

I think that's enough for now!

Lenise

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
So precious, Lenise. And those kittens are so fortunate you have provided them with a good home.

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
Aren't kittens a riot ?One of my cats had a litter , my kids had such a great time taking care of them.. :cat: Lenise those names are to cute.

DevotedHeart
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
We had a ball this summer just sitting outside and watching the kittens play. They have so much fun together. And it's funny to watch them approach the older cats. Occassionally the older ones will play, but more often than not the kittens just end up getting swatted. lol

I really need to get the kittens fixed soon. They're four months old now. All I need is to have more kittens!!!!! The kids would love it. I wouldn't. Nine is enough!

Lenise

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Oh boy! Be sure to ask your Vet for a multiple pet discount.

WebTimothy
Member Avatar
Heaven Bound
We have quite the assortment of critters around our house and a couple of the names are cute in my opinion, usually named by one of our kids.

Golden Retriever: Jazzy
Cat: Princess
Cat: Garfield
Parakeet: Casserole
Cockatiel: Rosie
Rabbit: Thumper
Tortoise: Tootsie Pop

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
How adorable! First I love all creatures and have had as pets all that you have mentioned---just not at one time. :lol:

Dear wee Rosie here will be thrilled to know you have a Cockatiel which is her namesake. We won't tell her differently. :bril:

Butterfly
Unregistered

Hi, I have three pets

1) Jake - Mixed chihuahua & miniture pinscher
He's black and tan. He is very expressive
and will let me know for sure what he wants.

2) Muffy -She's part maltese and they think shitzu
She is all white but the nose and eyes. She
is very timid.

3) Sasha -Long-haired cat. She's grey and has a few
white spots (on feet and belly). She is very
lazy and fat.

So these are my very precious pets who I love very much! See yas'
Janice
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Hi there! We love our pet children around here. Your descritions were perfect. They sound adorable.

J.I.L.
Member Avatar
Trustee
Janice your pets sound cute I have a long haired chihuahua who thinks he's a great dane lol

Ann
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
3 years ago my Dad & Mom brought the kids 2 red earred sliders from Florida. They are hilarious to watch. The girls named them Ricky & Lucy. Can you guess why?

The only other pets we have are our cows. I don't know all their names, some are Limousin, some are Herford, and some Simmetal(spelling?)
The names I know are:Simmy, Limmy, Cayenne, Baby, Surprise, Genesis. I don't care much for the cows, but the calves are always cute. Right now we have 4-5 new calfs.

Ann

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
I plead ignorant, Ann. Is a slider a rabbit or what? The names are perfect!

Ann
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
A red earred slider is a water turtle. Ours started out to be just a little bigger that a quarter, but have grown to be about 5 inches in diameter.
They are in a big aquarium.

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Oh! Silly me!
The cows are interesting. I am glad I don't clean the stalls though. We have no neighbore really, but the closest one is a farmer. He has cows. When I walk in the mild weather I go past them. They are surprisingly (to me) friendly and greeting. I know they think I am going to feed them. They come to the fencing to greet me. It is quite an experience for this gal who came from the city.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ann, we have a red-eared slider that we bought in a pet store a few years ago. He's about 6 inches around, and his name is Tuck. We know Tuck is a he because he does not have long eyelashes. :ha:
Quote Post Goto Top

FattyFFO
Member Avatar
God's Grace Witness
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
We have fish and mice....

Only one fish has a name...Sammy the sucky fish....all the others are just too many to name...we have tons of guppies and three tetras...

our three mice and Lavern, Shirley & Mabel...Lavern is white, Shirley is black and Mabel was a free adoption because she has a deformed foot...shes white with really lite tan wrapped around her middle...ive got some pics ill show them later...

faith
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Does Foxy count, he's my pet you know! :lol:

Seriously, we have had several pets

Birds: Peaches, Lily, Cocoa, Baby,

Hamsters: Fluffy, Puffy, Precious (Wrong name for this one bit my finger several times and wouldn't let go) Puddles (Very appropriate name, need I say more?)dozens of babies too numerous to name

Fish: Fred & Etehel and Marcus

Deleted User
Deleted User

2 boy parakeets Charlie and Angel
Quote Post Goto Top

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Nancy, Faith, Wendy, I could never be without a pet. I am an animal lover. Keep the tales of your pets coming.

landjk8
No Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
My little mutts name is Andie (girl). she's half pitt-bull and half lab. so cute!!!

ed-gracetoday
No Avatar
Elder
Sounds adorable. We have had only mutt's all our life. Our last pet death was a lab/shephered mix. Too much energy for me and next dog will be smaller and more laid back. :lol:

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I thought I'd update our pet situation. We now only have five cats. Callie Sue died yesterday, Mama (Tigger) died last summer, and we lost Tiger and Whiskers (two of the kittens) last year. Tiger either ran off or someone took him when we were living in Maryland; and Whiskers got scared when we started moving back to PA and we couldn't find her. We went back repeatedly but could never locate her. I miss them all!!!

The ones we have now are:

Sassy - who just turned 10!!
and four of the kittens, who are now 5 -- Seal, Rolys, Memeow and Poohbear

Plus Katey has a hamster - Isabella.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Lenise, I am so sorry for your recent losses. My DH said no more dogs but we do have a puppy who was a stray. He is about 7-8 months old and his name is Rowan. It is heartbreaking to have a pet die, even more so I think when the won't make the move and we are unsure of what became of them.

carolr3639
Member Avatar
Heaven Bound
We have 2 goldens, Annie and Gabe. Annie is a retired mother and Dh doesn't know if wants to stay in the puupy business. We have almost 100 black angus and that keeps him busy. We have numerous unnamed cats.......all are called kitty. Most are not very tame.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I have a beloved pekingese named Foo which is the chinese word for lion. She is a couragous little girl about 18 months old. She was one of the best gifts I have ever recieved, I am not ashamed to admitt that she is our child substitue in this "empty nest". We also have a cranky gray and white tom cat and a pet chicken a Rhode Island Red hen. She actually makes a great pet and lays eggs!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Cindy, I love all animals! My parents had pekingese. They trul are ferorious and brave dogs.

I actually had as a young person 5 chickens until my Mom told me they went to a farm. (We were told later it was the butcher and we had eaten them. Yikes!

I always had cats as a child also, but because I have dogs now that is enough. I am so glad you shared your pets with us! Give Foo a kiss from me!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · All God's Creatures · Next Topic »
Add Reply