Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Devotions For Dieters Feb.
Topic Started: Feb 1 2015, 03:41 PM (2,002 Views)
editor
Member Avatar
God's Grace Special Angel
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Notes: February 1

1 John 2:1 - NLT
My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if you do sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who pleases God completely.

'I can't win,' the woman lamented. 'I give in and eat something, and then I feel guilty. When I feel guilty, I eat. The more I eat, the guiltier I feel, and the guiltier I feel, the more I eat!' Sometimes we feel like failures when we break our diets. We can be swept up in a sense of guilt that makes it nearly impossible for us to stick to our diet. The solution to guilt is forgiveness, and forgiveness comes to us through our advocate, Jesus Christ the righteous. Jesus knows that we sometimes give in, and He loves us just the same. Accept His love, accept His forgiveness, and let go of any guilt you may feel.

Today's Thought: I am not condemned just because I sometimes slip!

Today's Tip: Choose lean cuts of meat. Most red meat contains "invisible" fat in the marbling. A prime grade meat generally contains the most fat, choice grade meat has less marble fat, and select has the least. Of course, the prime grade of a leaner cut of meat such as flank steak will have less fat than a select grade of a fattier cut, such as chuck roast.

Seasoned London Broil

1 envelope Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix, any flavor
2 Tbsp. dry white wine, lemon juice or water
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 lb.)

Mix salad dressing mix, wine and oil. Score steak on both
sides, being careful not to cut more than 1/8-inch deep. Place steak on rack of broiler pan. Spread both sides of steak with salad dressing mixture. Let stand 30 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 inches from heat 3 minutes on each side or to
desired doneness. With knife slanted, carve steak across grain into
thin slices.

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (1) . Top ^

February is on Temptation, Sunday, 01 February 2015

Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 pm (PST) . Posted by:

February is on Temptation reminder
When: Sunday, 01 February 2015 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London

Notes: February is on Temptation

There are so many wonderful things to indulge in. No matter where we look, there are temptations abounding. The harder we try to resist temptation, the greater the temptation seems. When we diet, everything reminds us of food. Everywhere we turn, there are pictures, signs, advertisements, smells, sounds, and other reminders of what we are trying to give up. If we are honest, we will admit that we need help. God can be that help, if we will let Him. Jesus Christ faced amazing temptations in the wilderness. Satan faced Him directly, though he went away defeated. The same power that Jesus drew on is available to us. We, too, can defeat the temptations we come up against. Dieting is easier when we feel that we are not alone. Make dieting a partnership effort. Include God in your attempt to lose weight, and He will bless you with strength to withstand all temptation.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Notes: February 5

Isaiah 55:7 - NLT
Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

A man I knew loved fried food: meats, vegetables, fish-anything and everything fried. He promised his wife that he wouldn't eat any more fried food, but every time he went into a restaurant, the old smells came to him and made both his mouth and eyes water. Time after time, he gave in and indulged in fried delights. Guiltily, he would admit his transgression to his wife, who would scold him, forgive him, and force him to promise not to fall to the temptation again. Forgiveness is important for us to feel when we fall, but we shouldn't take advantage of it. We must always try our best to keep our promises and not ask forgiveness lightly.

Today's Thought: We need fear no condemnation from God when we fall!

Today's Tip: If you must use oil, opt for olive oil and canola oil.

Roasted Eggplant with Lemon and Olive Oil
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes

4 Servings

Ingredients
1 large (1 1⁄4-pound) eggplant
2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for the pan
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
Heat oven to 400F.
Trim eggplant and cut in half lengthwise; cut each half into 4 long wedges. Cut each wedge in half widthwise. Brush a heavy-bottomed baking sheet with oil or line with parchment paper.

Place eggplant pieces, skin side down, on the baking sheet. Brush each with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice, season with extra salt and pepper if needed, and serve hot.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
February 14th Happy Valentine's Day.

Notes: February 14

Romans 8:1 - NLT
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus

Perhaps the worst part of dieting is the guilt that accompanies the desire to break from the diet at any possible moment. For some, dieting becomes a challenge to see how sneaky a person can become, but inevitably guilt creeps in and spoils everything. Dieting requires a good spirit and a hopeful outlook. We cannot expect to maintain a good state of mind when we continually condemn ourselves for our failures. We need to resolve to try harder and then forget our failings. When we can forgive and forget, we stand a much better chance of a successful diet.

Today's Thought: Valentine's candy adds to the flesh; the Word of God is less fattening!

Today's Tip: To make a delicious low fat mayonnaise simply combine one teaspoon Dijon mustard or one teaspoon satay sauce with low fat yoghurt.

Chicken And Fruit Kabobs

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 small bananas
3 medium peaches, pitted
3 medium plums, pitted
Cooking spray
Curry powder

Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; cut each piece of fruit into 8 pieces.
Thread chicken and fruit on 16 small wood or metal skewers; spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with curry powder.

Grill kabobs over medium coals, or broil 6 inches from heat source, until
chicken is done, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Daily Devotions And Inspiration · Next Topic »
Add Reply