Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Changes Are Coming Chat Thread
Topic Started: Jan 5 2015, 01:27 PM (8,170 Views)
editor
Member Avatar
God's Grace Special Angel
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As I said, she is still pleased with you!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mom's pond definitely cleared up and looks beautiful. It was a colder day in the 50's and there is a frost warning for tonight. We went over and took some of her potted plants into her garage and I got pictures of the pond. She loves it.

Posted Image

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Your Dad served, Dave! So did mine. Weighing in late with a 113, a loss.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
My father also served. It has been suggested that the tumor in his back many years later may have been caused by a shrapnel wound in the war.

I went to attend a local ceremony on Memorial Day. I was so disappointed to arrive there and learn that the website had mispublished the starting time. So I missed the flyover, flag salute, singing of the national anthem as well as hearing the speaker. :( Oh well, I tried.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I did get to see the white doves released, and that was it.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We watched services on TV and went to a Vet's home where they all had flu. Didn't go in but dropped off appreciation.
Weighing in at 112, a loss.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
That is quite a weight loss, Editor, congrats! How are you feeling? keeping up your strength?

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:noon:

Dear Editor Candy, you have done great! I would love to see before and after pictures.

Have a blessed and terrific Tuesday, friends! :)

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
We are very proud of our eldest son Russell. He has finished his program at ITT Technical Institute with an overall GPA of 3.83. He has earned an Associates Degree in Computer Network Administration. He worked (and is still working) full time at 7-Eleven and school was 12 hours per week (3 classes) or more plus homework time. The official ceremony is next Thursday, 6/11/15 at 7:00 pm. We are celebrating at one of his favorite restaurants the day before. Russell does have several interviews set up for next week for positions that will allow him to use his education.

He had graduation rehearsal the other evening and got his cap and gown. He tried it on and modeled it for us. He will wear nice clothing underneath, probably dress pants with a shirt and tie. Here is a picture of him modeling his cap and gown:

Posted Image

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Wonderful accomplishment -- congrats to Russell! :brill: and to the parents who stood by and encouraged him along the way! :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He looks like you Dave and I know how proud you are of Russell! No on the before and pictures, 'cause I look horrible. Grace, I dpn't know why you ran out od space on icons and avatar. I am not keeping up my strength at all.
Weighing in early at 111.4 a loss.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Today is Gracie's birthday! Everyone, please make sure to go to the "Coffee On The Deck" thread to wish her a happy birthday.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Thanks again, Dave. Guess everyone is out enjoying their summer days... awful quite around here.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave, thinking of you and praying for your upcoming surgery. Weighing in early at 111 a loss.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:morn:

Thank you, Dear Editor Candy. We have to be at the hospital by 6:00 am and I think my surgery is scheduled for around 8:00 am. I will be in the hospital for a few days, and around Wednesday they will assess my condition. I have the option to go to their rehab center for a few days or come home and have a physical therapist come to the house for a few days. I think my preference is to come home after the surgery, be we will see how I am doing.

I'm not looking forward to surgery, but need the right hip pain relief.

Have a blessed and sanctified Sonday, friends. :)

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Thanks, Candy!

Dave, I am joining in on thoughts and prayers for your upcoming surgery.

No weight loss this week for me...

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
:morn: The last time I tried to log in I was denied access and told I was not a member of this board. I am glad it let me in today. :grace: I am down to 202 pounds last I checked I have not weighed myself recently. Things are going well for me I hope you all are well. Still at same job working with small children which reminds me life goes on and I keep plodding along toward retirement in 3 more years. :walk: I am still seeing the sweet Christian gentleman that lost his wife to cancer 12 years ago. We spend a lot of time together. He has become my best best friend. I need to get more serious with the exercise. :cow:

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You can still be under 200 pounds and not know it. God bless your friend and you. Hope things continue to go as God wills. I follow Foo on FB!

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
I came home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon. I am on morphine, so a bit loopy. The surgery went pretty well with some minor complications. My hip was far worse that the surgeon originally thought, and I bled a lot and needed two transfusions. A physical therapist came at 10:30 am yesterday and a nurse is coming today to take blood and examine me. While I have pain from the incision, the joint pain is gone. Now I just have to heal and see the surgeon in his office on 6/29.
Edited by DavEdsel2, Jun 19 2015, 12:36 PM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rest and heal, Dave. Many are counting on you! Thank you Lord for bring Dave through another trial. In Jesus' Name Amen.
Weighing in a day late @112.8

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:morn:

Hello, everyone.
We had a very nice holiday yesterday. Our eldest son cooked hamburgers indoors and ramen. Then we had ice cream.

The neighborhood fireworks terrified our 3 small dogs, unfortunately. Hopefully it will be quiet today.

I'm recovering well from my surgery. Hardly have to use the walker now.. I get the sutures out tomorrow. I have no joint or arthritis pain in my right hip any longer. That is a tremendous blessing.

Have a blessed and super Sunday, friends. :)

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Very glad to hear that your recovery is coming along well! Sounds like a great day, Dave! Sorry about the doggies... have a friend who has the same issue, they never get used to fireworks or thunder...

I've been taking care of two cats -- they didn't seem bothered by the neighborhood firecrackers. I did not go to see a fireworks display... besides not wanting to go along, I was needing some rest from the week's labors.

Of most notable, I became a grandmother for the first time. :)
Edited by gracie, Jul 5 2015, 12:33 PM.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:cong: Grandma Gracie!! :)

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:noon:

Most of my sutures were removed this morning. The top part of the incision is below loose, sagging skin due to weight loss and they decided to leave a few sutures there. It is not healing completely and needs another week. I go back next Monday for follow-up and hopefully the rest will be removed.

As of this morning I weigh 270 pounds. This is 100 pounds down from my top weight of 370 in 2003 and 54 pounds down from my weight of 324 in May 2014. I have been able to give up about half of my prescription medications. I am very thankful to be on God's path to my health.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends. :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Salutations to you Dave! I pray you will be healed soon. You always have complications. Happy Monday to you. I am trying to gain weight. Be that as it may, I try to keep in touch. Tell the family hello for me, please!

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
That comment doesn't exactly sound gracious. :( :sighs:
Edited by gracie, Jul 7 2015, 12:17 AM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I apologize, but Dave has suffered greatly in his life!

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone.

I know there is not a lot of activity here but I did want to post and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Posted Image

An update on me: I had my left hip total replacement surgery on 11/16/15 and am thrilled with the results. Now I have two steel hips so I will have some 'splaining to do if I go through a metal detector. :)

Since 2003 I have now lost 117 pounds. I got very serious last May 2014 when my diabetes was so bad my doctor had to add insulin. That was a kick in the pants for me and I started to track everything diligently in Fitday.com. I am not perfect every day, but I try to keep my total daily calories between 1200 and 1400, and my total carb grams around 100. I am only on one oral medication for diabetes, and have been able to give up my blood pressure medication and am working to get rid of my reflux medication. I am thankful that I am finally listening to God's voice and making a permanent lifestyle change.

My wonderful wife Fayrda recently took this picture of me and it does show good progress. I wear a size 38 slack/jeans and regular XL shirts and shorts. I would like to lose about 35 more pounds. I feel so much better and in general my chronic spine pain is better.
Posted Image

And here is a before picture from about 4 years ago...
Posted Image

Again, Happy Holidays to you all and wishing you a blessed 2016. :)

Edited by DavEdsel2, Dec 24 2015, 10:16 AM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave, what a difference! And I am glad you are better!
I don't have a camera, but I am still too low.
Have a blessed and good health year!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Add Reply