Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Changes Are Coming Chat Thread
Topic Started: Jan 5 2015, 01:27 PM (8,171 Views)
editor
Member Avatar
God's Grace Special Angel
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Through the year 2015. Will beef it up when I feel better. :grace:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:noon:

I have my Windows laptop back and am so happy!!

I don't think I will join the challenge, but will chat. I do love the title. So true for me and my family - many changes will be happening in 2015. Hopefully all for the better.

Fayrda's attorney has finally settled her Worker's Compensation Case after 4 years. Her first injury was 1/2/2011 and the second and worst was on 3/24/2011. One more hearing at the beginning of February where she will testify to the judge that she is entering this agreement to settle willingly and agrees to all conditions. They will send her a lump-sum check by the end of the month and then her bi-weekly checks will stop. The dollar amount of the settlement if far less than she deserves and a bit less than we hoped for, but under the constraints of the Worker's Compensation laws is as best as we could expect. They will continue paying for all medical treatments and doctor appointments associated with the injury. Bottom line: do not get hurt at work.

Very frigid with the current temp being about 9 degrees and very icy. Lots of snow this morning but no precip now. Supposed to warm up a bit into the low 30's next week.

I am preparing for my hip replacement surgery on 3/16/15. I saw the physical therapist today and have daily exercises to do to strengthen the muscles. This will help with rehab and recovery. I am continuing to track everything I eat in FitDay.com and keep my carbs under 150, as close to 100 as possible. The intense hip pain is making my blood sugar numbers a bit more than I would like, so I'm starting insulin again to make sure I get those numbers down for surgery.

I pray you all are having a blessed and wonderful Wednesday! :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy Thursday, Dave! Four years of red tape in the past now. Tell your beloved wife, good for her. In March, I hope this first of battles will bring you relief! Your entire family has had been obstacles. I pray the best for you all this coming year!

Dear Lord, in Jesus' Name, give signs of your goodness daily and help Dave to lose weight and to stay on track. Bless his family, I pray. Amen

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

I think that maybe to avoid confusion everyone should be posting in this new thread for this new challenge and new year. Let's start fresh together and enjoy God's victories for us in 2015! :vic:

We got about a foot of snow overnight with high winds in WNY. All schools, some businesses and some high ways are closed. I am so thankful we have contracted a new snow plow guy who is doing an excellent job. He did our lawns and gardens this past spring and summer. His rates are reasonable and his work ethic is excellent.

The woman that was helping us keep the inside of our home clean hurt her back and has other health problems. I think we can manage that ourselves a bit at a time. We are disabled, but not invalids so a little activity will be good for us.

I've saw the physical therapist Wednesday and have exercises to do at home to strengthen my hip and leg muscles. This will make rehab and recover easier. I have been doing them, and they do not hurt but I feel them working.

Praying everyone is having a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends. :)
Edited by DavEdsel2, Jan 9 2015, 03:41 PM.

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Love the title of this challenge! l am in......
Glad Dave will chat with us.... his encouragement is uplifting....

Lord, Thank You for the love and Grace you give us every day. :ghug:

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reporting in with a loss. 129.4 from 131. Angelic, keep up the good work with Special Olympics, and Dave remember I am praying for your family.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
:morn:

Great loss, Candy! You have done fantastically.

A bit warmer here in WNY. Currently 21 going up into the low 30's. And the sun is shining. Much better than the past few days with snow fall totals over a foot.

Thank you, Candy, for praying for our family. Much needed and appreciated.

I've decided to join this new challenge and will track my progress in my signature. I weighed 324 in the doctor's office in May 2014 and have made pretty good progress since then. By 2/17/2015 when I see the orthopedic surgeon again he wants to see at least 10 more pounds down or he will re-schedule my surgery from 3/16/15 until no earlier than April, probably May. His nurse told me he was serious and would do it, so I need to take this serious as well. The hip pain is definitely incentive to make consistent lifestyle changes.

Have a blessed and sanctified Sonday, friends. :)
Edited by DavEdsel2, Jan 11 2015, 12:46 PM.

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Candy for the reminder to come to this thread.... I did not even think about that.... LOL

Dave - you can do it.... will be praying and cheering you one....

I am down to 250.6 so 2.4 loss! :)

We have a couple of days of temps in the low teens for the highs... On Thurs it will warm up to 30's - for next week, may even see 40..... :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know you can do it Dave, and Lori---you won this week almost. Be sure to keep your weight loss in your sig.
Edited by editor, Jan 13 2015, 02:30 PM.

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
I am under 150 today! about 1.5 lbs to 30 lost!!! :)

Hubby is going back to our old place today - to finish up some work there..... I am planning on taking the girls shopping when I go to chiro appt.... :)

We have beautiful blue skies 29 degrees.... :) heat wave... LOL

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone.

We are having a heat wave in WNY. 38 degrees today, and the same tomorrow! Rain tomorrow, though. Then back to the 20's next week. I think only about 65 days until Spring. On the calendar, anyway.

The Lord has helped me to have a good week with my healthy eating, so I am hoping tomorrow morning my number including weight will be good. Diabetes is in full control, which is a very good thing.

Hope you have all had a blessed and super Saturday.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

I'm reporting in with a 2.0 pound gain for this week. I'm not sure why, but I must need to reduce calories. My fasting blood sugar was 83, so I did something right.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lori, what do you mean-under 150--pounds to go?

Dave, 2 pound gain is a natural fluctuation. I gained 1 pound this week and am at 130.

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
oops that should read I am under 250.... I like getting under the next 10 lbs.... :)

Today it is official!!! 30 lbs gone!!! :) 248.2

Today I took all of my measurements as well.... I have not done it yet, since losing weight.... Now I can know for sure where it is coming off.... I need to pull out the next lower sized clothes sometimes this week!!! :)

wow it is still a bit warm here.... might get to 50 today! lower 40s tomorrow than 30s the rest of the week... sure beats 10s or 20s.... :)

Keep working at it.... Have a blessed day! :)

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great reports so far! :)

I should have waited to weigh in today. I lost 4 pounds since yesterday. I started taking my water pill again. I had stopped because I didn't feel I needed it, but with the unexplained weight gain and my fingers feeling swelled, I decided to start again. So, hopefully next Sunday I'll show a good loss.

32 degrees in WNY today. Much of the snow has melted which is always a good thing.

Today is Martin Luther King day. No mail, no banks, no school. Our dear friend Sande would usually have breakfast with us on a school holiday, but she and her husband Bill are in the process of completely re-doing their kitchen. Complete gut job right down to the studs. It is going to be beautiful when it is done. We just wish we could help, but that is physically impossible for the both of us. Bill has to work today, but Sande is seeing what she can get done.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends. :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lori, I thought you made a mistake. Must be tired like me. Good for you with 30 pounds lost, and Dave too with 4 more pounds. I weighed 128. yesterday but didn't make it over here.

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
YEA! So we all had losses!

I am glad you figured out the water pill thing Dave....

Well I did a change in my workout routine - and boy was it good.... I am pretty tired from it.... :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Weighing in today at 126. a loss. Glad to see you all fending and coping.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

Good loss, Dear Editor Candy!

I am thrilled and thankful to report a 5.8 pound loss this week.

It's been a rough week sleep-wise. All 3 dogs had some kind of GI virus and were up a lot in the nights being ill. We called the vet, and they suggested feeding them rice which Fayrda did for a few days. Things seem to be clearing up and they are feeling better.

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
Great losses! :)

Glad your dogs are doing better.... we had our Granddaughter (almost 10 mos) for a couple of nights....

We also went to WinterJam - a Christian concert featuring 10 great bands.... big names too :)

I am down to 246.4 so 1.8 lbs.... :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Glad to see your loss, Lori! Dave fantastic and not a fluke! Looks like you won this week!

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

I gained .02 (2/10) pound this week. Not sure why, but after a big loss last week it is OK. All other numbers are great. Continuing on God's path to my health.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I gained .02 also. Reporting in with a 126.2

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
I have been fighting a cold.... I have a bit of a gain too.... 247

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tiny gains this week. I went to the Dr. and weigh 126. Will have tests run. Lori, how is Mom now? Dave, keep on course.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Weighing in with a 125. A one pound loss!

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

I gained this week. Not exactly sure why, but I have decided to reduce my total daily calorie goal. All other numbers are great.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What is important is that OTHER NUMBERS LOOK GOOD!

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
It has been awhile since I posted here. I have certainly got changes coming to my life!! After hibernating alone and mourning :cry: for over a year I decided I was ready to rejoin the world. I began to accept friends offers to go to lunch or whatever and started getting out of the house. I went out on a few dates which was really awkward. Then on New Years Eve some friends decided to fix me up on a blind date with a gentleman that is a widower having lost his wife 11 years ago. We immediately hit it off and are still dating. :pal: We have many things in common and we understand each other. We plan to be spending a lot of time together this summer. He likes Foo and is very good with her too. :dog: I got sick and tired of counting points and weighing everything and recently began doing the "Full Plate Diet" :hc: I have lost 5 pounds in about a month. I don't remember what I posted here last. I am currently at 207.7. :lost: :weigh: I am still :cindy: :grace: :glory: God is good.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]

I gained again this week. I cut back on calories and carbs yet still gained. I think it is the intense pain from my hips. I see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for the final verdict if I will have the surgery on 3/16 or if he wants me to wait until I lose more weight. It is just not coming off, so I hope he goes ahead and does the surgery.

I've decided to pull out of this challenge. I will also be posting less, but will check in from time to time.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You are doing good with the weight Cindy! And I am glad you are getting out and also, as I read it, that Foo is keeping you going.

Dave, please. do keep us notified. Thinking of you a lot lately.

Weighing in at 124, a loss.

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
It has been a long time since I have been on here (again!!!) Wonder if any of you would remember me?? :huh:

I have been down a spiral roller-coaster ride for many years and succumbed to the stress and despair and gave up for a bit...not so much so that I gave up on life. Last year I actually hit rock bottom and got some very necessary counseling that has been long waiting. It has been a long ride of ups and major downs but I am finally getting the joy of life back. I still have major stress still in life but I am learning to cope with my feelings and letting Papa God take over and hold me. I have been fighting Him for a long time!

I have thought of you guys many times and have even been wanting to come back(guilt is what kept me from coming back) but it wasn't the time for me until now. I am ready to get my health back in line and I NEED all the support that you guys are willing to give. I have started weight watchers the first week of October with a friend. I wasn't too keen on counting points but I really needed the group accountability and was willing to give it a try. Even now my heart is really not into the points count but am not going to give up.

I am looking forward to getting back into touch with you guys! :wub:
Lori

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
:wub: Prayers for everyone today....a quiet one for me home sick with the influenza and stomach flu along with my 16yr old daughter.
Blessings
Lori

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone.

Good to see you, Loriann. I will be praying for quick recovery.

I have actually lost over 6 pounds during the past two weeks. I did some research and spoke with my doctor, and changed out some medications that were causing weight gain.

I had my pre-admittance testing at the hospital today. Surgery is in two weeks on 3/16/15. I'll be in the hospital until that Thursday, then go to a rehab facility for no more than a week. I'm not looking forward to this surgery at all, but I am looking forward to having less pain from my hip. If all goes well with this right one, the orthopedic surgeon will do the left one in about 3 months.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday. :)
Edited by DavEdsel2, Mar 2 2015, 07:17 PM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi LoriAnn and hope you are better by now. We are not very active. Glad you are back!
Dear Dave, will be in prayer for you. Hope your beautiful attitude remains. Makes me nervous.
Weighing in at 123.

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I have seen that you are not very active but am glad that a couple of you are still on....it doesn't take many to give support and encouragement. :hug:

Am over the stomach flu but still have the head gunk.....nice that I have 4 days off in a row, on my 2nd day!

Prayers are will you today for a blessed day....it is really snowing here and has just turned into ice rain.....fun!!!!! I am hoping for nice roads later my husband and I are taking our oldest child (who is special needs 18yr old and about a 10yr old level) for the start of guardianship. At least a 20min drive.

Dave, my prayers are with you.

My weigh in is tonight but because I have not have had a very good week will not weigh in but will still go to ww meeting....just hope the weather gets better or I may not even go to that.

Blessings
Lori

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I actually didn't go into my WW meeting tonight, no gas and no money. Which was ok since I have been dealing with a tension headache due to lack of sleep.....no sleep at all last night but I think I will be making it up tonight. Kids are almost in bed and I am going to bed right along with them. I usually stay up past midnight but not tonight!

Am feeling better though, and did very well with my WW points...did use up a little extra pnts for husband's b'day cake....oh and also my 16yr old daughter, Kaylie, treated me out to dinner at subway. Had a 6inch roasted chicken.....I have some very sweet kids.

Prayers are with you all, may you be blessed!

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You always stuck to it, Lori, despite the set backs.

Dear Lord (PaPa) bless Lori's family as you have blessed mine. Amen and Amen

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
:hug: Thank you Editor

Many times I wanted to quit but I didn't! And I couldn't do it without Papa Gods love! I could have become bitter and gave up, like my husband...a prayer request. But Papa God never gave up on me and showered me with so many blessings, even the smallest ones, that I just couldn't ignore!

Blessings and prayers for you all today!

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thinking of you all and how I gave up and became DISGRACE!

Weighing in at 223.8

Lori, hope DH and you get along. Dave, praying that your pain will be gone, in the Saviour's Mighty Name, Jesus Christ the King. Amen

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Editor, though the stress of life due to finances have gotten better, along with dealing with stress....due to seeing counselor....things have been getting bad between my husband and I and are getting worse. This past week and a half have been the worse for me. I have been so angry that I have made very bad choices but the worse is actually feelings of hatred towards my husband....but that hatred is not just directed towards my husband but to the past of childhood abuse. I am so tired of being a "punching bag" and always made feel that I am the "guilty" one.

The difference right now is that I am trying to give all to Papa God and allowing his works in my heart. I love my husband dearly and truly don't hate him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you ((((HUGS))))

Weigh in today and lost 2lbs....yeah :broc: :bana:
Edited by Loriann, Mar 10 2015, 07:35 PM.

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw my orthopedic surgeon today and he decided to postpone my hip surgery until I have lost at least 20 more pounds, preferably 40. He is afraid there are too many risks and it is not worth doing the surgery at this time. I see my primary doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything else I can do to speed up my weight loss. Don't think so, but we will see.

The pain won't kill me, but complications after surgery might, so I think the surgeon is making the right move. I'll see my primary doctor again in 3 months and review my progress and see what happens then.

I am going to try to be more active despite the pain. I am going to see if i can get one of those walkers with a seat and use it to walk around the neighborhood or mall for exercise.

So, for now, surgery is postponed for at least 3 months. I'm not happy as I've gone through a myriad of testing, but am trusting that God's timing is perfect and He will make a way.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh DAVE! How rough on you! Continued prayers. Lori, this has been a standing issue. Anger will make you lose weight though and you are the winner this week. Congrats.

Father God, relieve Dave's pain as much as possible. He has suffered many illnesses in his life. Help him Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Lord, Father God and Holy Spirit. help Lori and her hubby and family to come into the perfect will of Yours where they can live in harmony. Amen

DavEdsel2
Member Avatar
God's Grace Helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw my primary doctor yesterday, and he is recommending that I go to a new weight loss surgery group that does minimally invasive procedures. I've started that process and intend to have the gastric sleeve surgery done laproscopically this year. This involves only a few very small incisions, a rapid recovery time and rapid weight loss.

After that, I will see a different orthopedic surgeon that my primary doctor recommends. The more I think about what happened with this orthopedic surgeon, the angrier I get. He was very nasty to me about not losing weight in front of Fayrda and ultimately refused to do the surgery, despite the fact that on 2/1715 his physician's assistant said it would be OK and that I should go through the myriad of pre-operative tests. I've given him a bad rating on Angie's list and as I said will find a different orthopedic surgeon after I've lose more weight. I can understand him not wanting to do the hip surgery at my current weight, but there was a serious lack of communication from him and his office staff. Even my primary doctor agrees that this was not right and a new orthopedic surgeon will do a better job with patient relations.

I also had my doctor give me a prescription for a rolling walker with a seat, which I got at a surgical supply place yesterday. Medicare covered 80% of the cost. I can use this walker to try and take longer walks in the neighborhood or mall and sit in the seat if I need to. Even with weight loss surgery a lifestyle change is still essential so I want to be able to do some type of exercise and continue to eat healthier.

I believe this is all part of God's plan for me and He is making a way.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave, you have been through the gamut! Easy is not your middle name!

Weighing in a 121

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Not a good week and weighed in with a 3.6lbs gain.... :aw:
Edited by Loriann, Mar 17 2015, 08:24 PM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Come on, you can do better than that! ??????

Loriann
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Yes I can do better than that....talking with my WW leader she did say that most of the weight could be water retention, I just started working on drinking water and I am a bit swollen right now. But can't blame all of the weight because I did have a bad week with stress eating and temptation!!!
Blessings!

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Good evening!! I have a been here a few times trying to read some posts and catch up, but time seems to get away from me And I haven't posted anything at all. Thought about you all lots!!

Really need to get back into weight loss mode and support from everyone. Though it does seem kind of quiet here. In the past almost-a-year I have put back on most of the weight that I had lost. Lots of stress after my mom died. Then my kids had an accident last May and I don't think I have stopped eating since then. So tired of feeling stuffed all the time. Waited on hunger last night and felt a lot better today. But I haven't been able to stick with any "diet" for more than a week. That needs to change!!

Hope you all are doing well! I have to go get read for work. Have a great weekend!!

Lenise :)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Our members have all kind of trial' Lenise, I will start praying for you daily again. I hope things ease up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Add Reply