Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dr. Charles Stanley
Topic Started: Jul 14 2013, 06:26 AM (90 Views)
Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Courage to Obey

By Charles F. Stanley

How would your closest friends describe youócourageous or cowardly? And when you face a difficult situation, what is your most overpowering emotion? Is it self-preservation or the desire to stand for what is right and true?

Following God is never simple or easy for any one. It takes courage. A passion to obey the Lord doesnít suddenly appear in the believerís life. Salvation sparks love and a desire to please Him, but a courageous fire is built slowly from the timbers of spiritual knowledge, faith, and devotion.

Obedience usually begins with a healthy fear of the consequences resulting from disobedience. Until believers build a firm foundation of biblical knowledge and trust that offers better reasons to follow God, we are kept safe by the desire to avoid harsh repercussions. Thankfully, as we mature and gain greater wisdom from Scripture reading, prayer, and life experience, fear gives way to the recognition of Godís sovereignty and submission to His plans.

Following Godís will shifts our focus from the consequences of disobedience to the blessings of obedience. Once we taste the best He has to offer, we want to keep His goodness flowing into our lives. Obedience and Godís best are natural partnersógood derives from following divine commands, while suffering is the result of stubbornly choosing our own way. This irrevocable principle plays out in the Bible and in day-to-day life. Every act of submission is rewarded, either on earth or in heaven. In becoming more aware of how blessing follows obedience, we realize that complying with the Lordís will is the only wise choice.

As our faith grows, we will learn that devotion is a much more powerful motivator than any blessing the Lord might provide. All the promised blessings in the world wonít compel a believer to follow God into some frightening places. But love for our Father moves us toward passionate obedience, no matter what is at stake.

The man and the woman who courageously walk with God will always reach their destination.

Related Resources

How can I respond courageously when God calls me to do something difficult?
How can I be courageous when I face opposition?
How do I develop unshakable faith?
How can I demonstrate conquering faith?
Should I obey God's commands even when they don't seem reasonable or I don't understand them?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pastor's Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply