Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAILY BLESSING CHAT THREAD; ALL BOARD MEMBERS MAY POST HERE
Topic Started: Jun 29 2013, 05:02 PM (4,725 Views)
gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Hello ladies! I am still in the throes of... too much to detail. I do so need your prayers... work... and big decisions and much hope to get me where I belong... as in a new home. Prayers please. I didn't think I could go any smaller but I've looked at a little place that will fit my budget and I've determined I can be content there. Now may all things would come together for good... that I can have a place to call and make my own.

Cindy, I enjoyed hearing how Foo came to be with you... hoping she is soon feeling better... and thinking of you, too!

Candy, Lenise and all... may you have a blessed week... be safe and happy! :)
Edited by gracie, Dec 2 2013, 01:03 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
2 lbs down from my last weigh-in 2 weeks ago

Have a healthy week, everyone!

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You are the winner, Grace. Can you place your graphic? I have no CP. I hope to reverse this curse on my PC. I am 208 exactly. This challenge ends in 3 weeks. Take care and God bless!

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grace won with a loss. I still weigh 208. after spending day at doctors and evening at hospital. I could use prayer too--thank you.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Evening at hospital? care to share? In the meantime, I am praying for you.

Please pray for me today, I have an appearance to make in court early afternoon... when this is behind me, it will be one less severe stressor which will free up more energy to do with the other unrelated matters. TIA.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Edema. Both legs now. Doctor solicited me in the waiting room. At least she cares that I am in pain and it must show on the face.
Annette dropped in on the Maintainers thread so please say hello. She is at goal weight again.
How was your day?

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Candy I am sorry to hear you are in pain. I am as always praying for you. I am still losing slowly. I am at 195.5 this morning. I am tracking again and determined to get through the holidays without gaining. Gracie I am praying for you also.

editor
Member Avatar
God's Grace Special Angel
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Than you Cindy very much. Your weight is amazing. Is this your lowest ever? I lost 2 pounds since I weighed in yesterday. The sun should shine today which will help. The house is freezing and I am loading the woodburner ever two hours which doesn't help. Dick goes for an impacted tooth consultation tomorrow, he has a cold and he just won't do anything to help me at all. So much for love. I would prefer a flea on the back of a dog at getting more sympathy than he can. Give Foo a hug from me and Grace, give Cat a big pat.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I miss Martin but I don't miss heating with wood! It was fun 12 years ago when we got together and were living that life style but the older we got the harder it got. I appreciate my running water, flushing toilet, full size appliances, washer and dryer INSIDE and not on the porch in the cold and the gas furnace. We had electric heaters for backup in the cabin and the electric bills were high. Here almost everything is gas and I am on a budget of $67 a month. I don't think it is going to cost much more. I know Martin would ask what will I do if the electric goes out? The gas furnace won't run without it. At least I am on a high priority line now. Hopefully it won't be out for long periods of time like before. It is snowing again. I went out yesterday and swept and scraped the steps and car and now I will get to do it again. The roads are covered. (and I can see them from the house and no big hill to get out of here!)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think the woodburner is fun. I do think there is no better heat though. And the dogs love the warmth of it. I always feared one would get burned. The burns from the oven leave nasty scars and take so long to heal.

I think Cindy is our winner this week, Please all pray that I can figure out how to get my admin panel back so we can function. I am still at 206.

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
I am frustrated.....One scale (digital) keeps telling me I have an "E"after I get off, the other scale (dial) shows me weighing 40 lb. BEFORE I even stand on it [and I remember this one was off, but don't think that much], bought a new digital and it doesn't do anything bought search for numbers --- and I stood on it for 5 minutes, thinking it just needed to recalibrate itself.....so I have NO idea what my weight is. Which is why I have been MIA for @ 6 weeks.......

So good to see everyone....I've missed my Grace Family.

Laurie, Heard part of a Dr. Oz show just recently, and he was giving symptoms of Gluetin problems....said digestion problems weren't the only / main reason....and exhaustion and lack of energy, and joint pain were symptoms. He said that about 1 in 5 (or was it 1 in 3 --??) had some form of Glutin intolerance and didn't know it....Had to leave then so not sure what he said from there.... Check labels cardfully, and yes, even sometimes what looks healthy can cause problems because of cross contamination.

It is cold here...only @ 9 this morning, but that dreaded wind chill has it below 0. Driveway was plowed yesterday, the 1st time this year. We missed the big bad weather that stretched across the country but are now getting the Artic plunge.... I do have to get out and do some pick - up for the Special Olympic Auction that is this Sat. - and get a bunch of them out of my home................ Really shouldn't be sitting here, but had to let everyone know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, or out of Grace (unless you all want me out :boo: --- I hope that isn't so) ---- you set my feet to :blues: --- I've been a :bad: the way I've fluctuated with my weight. :but: I do :pray: :bless: and give :ghug: to ALL the :home: . Remember --- :re: and :only: :rain: . I admit I'm tired of waiting for the :vic: , I am still taking :baby: and still learning to be :in: of my :wat: , :deat: , :beware: and my :hc: . I will conatinue to :choir: :praise: to the :roses:
Edited by angelic, Dec 11 2013, 09:33 AM.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was getting nervous about you not showing up Angelic. It is my early Christmas gift to be blessed by seeing you! Welcome back!

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Snow accumulation then icy rain. I have a cold. It was a good day to sleep.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Freezing rain here all day yesterday. I had a busy week this week. I had to work late a couple of evenings. I cleaned house yesterday. Landlady was coming to collect the rent. My weight has drifted back up to 204. I am frustrated! I am writing down and measuring what I eat.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dick didn't go to church but watching church TV. I am so hungry I already ate my second meal. My weight is way up. Doctor has called here twice for me. I won't return her calls, I need not bad news.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
What we gonna do with you, Editor, smh... I hope you've called back by now... I am praying for you, my friend.

Headed to bed... remembered I didn't post my weight... I'm down 0.6 lbs... a wee-e-e bit at a time.

admin gracetoday
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I weighed in with a maintain. You had a half pound loss. Cindy excelled and we are waiting on Lenise. Angelic did well and I wonder where Lori is. Ann usually comes around and I believe last year we had a half dozen. Share your thoughts. Are you gals up to a challenge for the new year? Is anyone fed up with the . Make a legit comment and I will follow through on it. I am just grateful for a little group because we all had problems but time to cover them the way I like too. Oh yeah, Mike was here last time and Dave, so we'll see if I really did behave. ed

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I am in favor of continuing on... and I'd like to suggest a weekly focus to keep us motivated, e.g. 5 fruit & veggies a day, sleep, water, tracking/logging, exercise, prayer, etc. We could then repeat the rotation. Just an idea looking for feedback. :)
Edited by gracie, Dec 17 2013, 09:02 PM.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I am in. I would like to continue.

admin gracetoday
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Then a challenge for the new year will begin on Monday, December 30th with an official weigh in and details to be worked out.

Mail Truck stuck in our drive today that Dick is supposed to take care of. After pulling and pushing her for an hour, she had to call Post Office and get a larger truck to cone in and pull her out. This happens every Winter and Spring for that matter. Sorry I haven't been on. I have a cold and trying to sleep when I can. Still can't get my Control Panel back so that we are back in business. Congratuations to Cindy for being the winner and to Grace for a loss. Still struggling with my legs but I did buy a pedometer to track my steps.

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee

the past 2 days have been running.....running.....and more running. Woke up Mon. morning and still have 2 digital scales that are not working.....1 shows ERROR 2 and the other one has rectangles that bounce up and down as they go across the screen...figured I would wait to record weight later -hoping to find a place with a scale - didn't. I sat down Mon. night, turned the computer on. and started to pull up Grace Today....while the internet was trying to get here....I fell asleep and when I woke up it was after midnight, and I was still pooped - turned pc off and went back to sleep. It is now Wed. == almost Thurs. and I guess I will end up using a regular Rotary Scale, so in order to come close to where I THINK I weigh, I had to add 20 pounds before I even stand on the scale.....and that puts my weight at 200 - as of this morning. Do I need to continue with the challenge - OH YES! I am so glad you have decided to continue. I am not working the club this month and as of right now, only Sat. in January....hopefully that gives me the time to do things I need to do....and I definitely need to clean. The Auction is now over, and Christmas presents are being wrapped - so my piles/messy spots need to be cleared. First of the year....I should be able to get rid of the paper piles [in time to start the 2014 pile/messes....lol] Planning on getting rid of things I can't - or haven't used for awhile.

I also took my measurements...a waist that is 44 inches is NOT a good thing to have, not even IF I was 7 foot tall [which I definatly am NOT!

Going to my sons' place this week end and staying till after Christmas.....might stay down until after New Year [it's daughter-in-law's birthday, she was a New Year's Eve baby], but not sure about that just yet. Weather might play a factor in the decision.

About 14 inches of snow on the ground....and temps have been @9 degrees, but had a couple of days down to -19 degrees..... It isn't even Winter yet -- way to early to be that cold, in my opinion. Good Lord has kept the water flowing, and heat running, so I'm still being Blessed. I will be away from home this Monday, but their is a scale their....think I will take my scale with me, and set it to hers...theirs is set to their doctors, so when I weigh in....it should be accurate. Who know, maybe my son will be able to fix the digital one, even.

Ok, rambled enough.....time for some rest - both on your ears/eyes and my body....
Pleasant dreams and God's Blessings

admin gracetoday
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Like me, Angelic and our faithful few, we really get hit at the holidays--Holy Christmas. I did nothing but sleep and cough today and this is only my second post or peek at the Internet. Dick does not fear God and admitted it. He is pitiful. More on another day. Appreciate true Christians.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I am having a rough night tonight. My mind is dwelling on sad things it shouldn't and for the first time in quite awhile I ate emotionally. I overate and I have an upset stomach and I deserve it. I have decided to spend Christmas day alone with Foo. I will go to visit my mom right after Christmas. My son and granddaughter can't come home because of the court order giving her mom visitation. My daughter can't travel because it is too close to her due date. I have not bought a single Christmas gift or mailed a single card. I just have no holiday spirit this year. I don't want to be somewhere where I have to smile and pretend everything is OK when it isn't. I am however looking forward to visiting my daughter and new grandson in January and I have been baby shopping. I don't have time to make baby things but I earn enough to buy some. I bought a hand made baby quilt and a hand knit sweater personalized with his name. My favorite though is the onesie that says, "My Grandmother is a Fox!" This too shall pass. I know he doesn't want me to be sad. I love you Martin and I always will.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Merry Christmas every one! :holy:

Editor, I hope you are able to resolve the issues with Zeta boards and log in soon! :a3:

I have had a productive day. I reorganized the hall closet, :should: cooked a big pot of veggie soup, Planted my Aerogarden with basil and started an amaryllis bulb :rose: so I will have fresh green plants to enjoy during January and February when it is so bleak outside, put Foo-Foo's gifts under our little tree. :dog:

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Editor is still not able to post. She has not abandoned us!!!!! I sure hope they resolve this soon. I will be traveling and away for a couple of days. See you soon!

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Well, I made it to my son's....and didn't like the scale reading....even adding 20 lb. to the rotary scale didn't equal what theirs read.. That was discouraging, and grandson kept me busy. Missed our last weigh - in, but OH_SO NEED TO GET BACK here on a Regular basis. at 117 lbs. (today, the 26th) it is the MOST I have ever weighed. Lord forgive me for what I have done to Your temple. I am starting with me, cleaning house/my body starting NOW!! New Challenge, Bring it on - I am waiting eagerly for you.

Editor, you are missed, Cindy is traveling - or taking a deserved rest - Gracie is resting after the holiday rush... :pray: ... OH, Lord, we ask you heal this board, get the issue with Zeta taken care of, and get Candy back on here, we need her, we need her wisdom, sense of humor, encouragement, understanding and her grace. Please bring her back to these boards -- and bring her back very soon. Thank You. Amen

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Angelic's prayer was answered for me logging in! Thank you, Angelic and thank you, Lord. I do not thank Zeta---they never wrote me back. I am sure they after on vacation for the week. I had to use this name to get on.

We will have a challenge called, "I Won't Give Up."

There will be a graphic for your signature and a first place each week. We will post it on the Chat thread, I have no control panel and a special place to weigh-in as we did, people forgot to post or lost track. As of right now (can change) I will not be sending out a member notice. I had to log in using this name handle and I cannot welcome people to the challenge. It starts NEXT MONDAY Dec. 30th. Please determine who lost the most weight and for TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE you will be awarded a champ graphic. I think it is Cindy and I apologize for this fiasco. I was going to buy us Zeta Board Premium with perks but for us but now I am just pissed off. More in a little while. God gave me this them this year--I thought you might enjoy--"Stay cool. Be smart." I will try to oblige Him as I go through some bad things.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The challenger graphic and the rules are available in the thread in challenges, I Will Not Give Up Challenge 2014. That will serve for our weigh-ins and for our chat and encouragements. I still have work to do but I got my graphic in my signature and you will have to follow instructions on how to do it.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The challenger graphic and the rules are available in the thread in challenges, I Will Not Give Up Challenge 2014. That will serve for our weigh-ins and for our chat and encouragements. I still have work to do but I got my graphic in my signature and you will have to follow instructions on how to do it.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Don't forget your closing weight so we can determine the grand champ.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I weighed 205.2 a 5.2 pound gain this challenge!

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I am at 197.5 this morning. I shall have to go back and find my starting weight,

My starting weight was 210.5. I lost 13 pounds. :lost: :weigh:

Edited by Cindy marie, Dec 30 2013, 07:12 AM.

+editor+
Member Avatar
Founder/mgr
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Cindy, how excellent to lose that much weight. I am pretty sure you will be the overall champ and I am so proud of how much weight you have lost since you first came to Gracetoday. I WILL give you competition next challenge. I am finally feeling normal again.

editor1
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I am waiting for Grace. Angelic weighed in on the new thread. I am sure you have won big time, Cindy!!!!!

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just this minute heard from Zeta. I asked another Q. about the admin panel and that was ignored. At least with Angelic's prayers and others I got on.

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now my admin panel says, You do not have permission to use the Admin CP.

gracie
No Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Yes, Cindy is the clear winner -- way to go, woohoo, that is a great loss! :-)

(I had a 3 lb gain...)

editor
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations to Cindy who is a success. She has consistently led the way for us! And the only one with losses for the challenge and for the year. I am sure if Mike comes today, he can get in to the panel and install her winner graphic which I'll put on our new challenge thread. If not, follow the instructions I gave for putting the new challenge graphic in. She gets to keep all three this contest.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Add Reply