Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Time For Change Challenge Chat; December 31, 2012 - July 1, 2013
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:42 AM (13,852 Views)
Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Grace, would you like me to add the challenger graphic to your signature? :gar1:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Candy, I did not get e-mail, but I will be joining. :)

Cindy, continuing to pray for you and Marty. :hug:

Dave, I didn't know about Faydra's heart. Will continue to pray.

Stayed home from church this, didn't feel good at all. John went to Sunday School, then brought Subway home. Feeling a little better this afternoon. :)

Candy, would you put graphic in for me? Thanks :hug:

Have a blessed evening. :hug: :bless: :rose: :light: :rejoice: :hc: :bible: :roses: :butter: :dove:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I will be praying for Fayrda and Dave. I have had a pretty good day. I got my needed chores done. I took Foo outside for awhile and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It is clouding up now and looks like rain on the way. Marty has slept most of the day. He woke for a short while and ate a little bit. I am living one day at a time and trusting that God will work His perfect will in His time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Your graphic is in Barb. Anyone desiring to join can see notices and rules plastered all over this Board and on our Portal. You may also invite a friend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Was gone for the weekend. A friend had a wedding to attend, but doesn't drive, so didn't plan on going. The wedding was close to where some of my family lives and I offered to take him down to the wedding and thought I might go visit the family. He finally agreed to go to the wedding, and we drove down state. I left him at the motel where he was staying, and some friends were there to greet him. I started out for the families home (about an hour away), but after about 5 min. into the drive, I felt like I shouldn't go all that way. I checked on a motel room but the place was filled and suggested 1 around the corner - same rates, breakfast type, micro, 'fridge, etc. . Since the first motel was filled, I thought my feelings about staying were wrong. I drove past the 2nd motel and about a block down the road, I didn't feel right going further. I turned around, stopped at the 2nd motel - 2 rooms left...I took 1 of them, relaxed - slept - read - slept - and was completely refreshed today. Haven't felt like this in a long time. I believe God knew I needed a general area, where there were no memories, no phones or people to interfere with our time. I had no interruptions....kinda feel like a new person....

Not always easy to find the quiet time we need to refresh the soul. I admit I would have liked to visit with family, but I believe I needed this time - even tho' I didn't know it.

What with spending a couple of days driving, eating food away from my cooking, and not walking much, I probably will start this Challenge up from last week.... :( We'll see in a few hours.

Dave, I will - We will - miss you with the next challenge, but are so glad you will still drop by and chat with us.
I'm praying for you, Faydra, and all the family. So glad God is in control and has a plan for your lives.....His way is the best way.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall REST in hope. Psalm 16:9

Offline Profile Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Was gone for the weekend. A friend had a wedding to attend, but doesn't drive, so didn't plan on going. The wedding was close to where some of my family lives and I offered to take him down to the wedding and thought I might go visit the family. He finally agreed to go to the wedding, and we drove down state. I left him at the motel where he was staying, and some friends were there to greet him. I started out for the families home (about an hour away), but after about 5 min. into the drive, I felt like I shouldn't go all that way. I checked on a motel room but the place was filled and suggested 1 around the corner - same rates, breakfast type, micro, 'fridge, etc. . Since the first motel was filled, I thought my feelings about staying were wrong. I drove past the 2nd motel and about a block down the road, I didn't feel right going further. I turned around, stopped at the 2nd motel - 2 rooms left...I took 1 of them, relaxed - slept - read - slept - and was completely refreshed today. Haven't felt like this in a long time. I believe God knew I needed a general area, where there were no memories, no phones or people to interfere with our time. I had no interruptions....kinda feel like a new person....

Not always easy to find the quiet time we need to refresh the soul. I admit I would have liked to visit with family, but I believe I needed this time - even tho' I didn't know it.

What with spending a couple of days driving, eating food away from my cooking, and not walking much, I probably will start this Challenge up from last week.... :( We'll see in a few hours.

Dave, I will - We will - miss you with the next challenge, but are so glad you will still drop by and chat with us.
I'm praying for you, Faydra, and all the family. So glad God is in control and has a plan for your lives.....His way is the best way.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall REST in hope. Psalm 16:9

Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Lord, we thank You for times of refreshing! We praise You for watching over You own! We are thrilled when the flood waters do not overwhelm us, but were meant to moisten a parched land. Thank You for all You have done for Angelic, Your servant and daughter, in Jesus' Name. Amen
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Weighing in with a 1 pound GAIN.

For anyone knowing a message forum board how to this is the code for install if I haven't done yours yet

(*)Posted Image(*)

Let's be blessed and not stressed this challenge!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I posted the challenge on my small circle on FB now. Michele, Stepdaughter and female friend, plus SIL fly out of U.S. today for a week. Keep them close to your heart in prayer. Thank you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Who remembers the old fashioned Morton Salt gal with umbrella over her head?
Offline Profile Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Weighing in with a 1.2 lb. gain. KFC for supper last night....so expected a gain, and without the exercise I normally do it is actually not a big gain. I will however, get right back on track today. I really would like to go through this next challenge without a :gain: ..... even if it means a :car: maintain through the whole thing. Going to keep counting :bless:

Keeping all our GT :pal: ,and their families, in my prayers today. We know :only:

Editor, thanks for the prayers. It was another touch of renewing my spirit. Keeping you DD and her family in prayers.

I remember the Morton salt girl....."When it rains, it pours"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Adorable and thank you, Angelic. It is indeed Showers of blessing time! I love you! :grace: :hug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn: GTF
I just finished reading a lot of the recent post.
I am and will continue to pray for GTD and all of our families. :ghug:
:weigh: 155 pounds.
That gives me a 1.6 pound loss for the week and a 5 pound loss for the challenge.
I am joining the new weight loss challenge.
Please put my graphic in for me.
Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Hi all. :hug: I have a maintain this week. Thankful no gain. lol

Candy, in prayer for your family. :hug: :rejoice: :light: :hc: :bible: :roses: :butter: :dove:

Keep the families in your prayers for the 19 firefighters that lost their lives yesterday in Arizona. :aw:

Another gray rainy day today. We need the rain, but I don't like gloomy weather. lol

Taking our new fur baby in for her check-up this morning. John is delivering the papers tomorrow and Wednesday instead of Wednesday and Thursday because of the 4th of July on Thursday. We will be doing grocery shopping and errands tomorrow morning instead of Wednesday.

Have a blessed day :hug: :bless: :rose:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Good job, Barbara and Faye. I will do so and catch up another day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Your graphic is in place now, Faye.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
We are home from oncology. Martin had a rough weekend and has lost weight again. I didn't know if they would be able to give him a treatment. They gave him some medication in the IV and went ahead with the treatment. He had bad reactions to the treatment. They had to slow down the speed of the IV. He was very weak and sick when we got home and is sleeping now. He is supposed to start the oral chemo pill tonight after dinner. I am not sure he will be able to eat and he can't take the chemo on an empty stomach. My nerves are bad. I ended up making multiple trips to the restroom which is a long walk down the hall to be sick. It is important that I attend a meeting related to my job tomorrow afternoon. We have anxiously awaited Martin starting this chemo. It is called the "smart pill" because it is activated inside a cancer cell and does less damage to healthy tissue. I am praying he will be able to eat and take his medication tonight.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Oops. I almost forgot. I am at 210.5 today. I am disappointed as I was hoping to end this challenge with a loss. I am up 1.5 pounds.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
163.4 today. .8 lb loss from last week. To be honest I was surprised I had a loss this week, but I'm glad for it.

I didn't get a note about the new challenge, but I did see it on facebook this morning.

Steven started his new job at wally world this morning. He said the day went so much faster than working the same amount of time on night shift. Hope he enjoys it.

Just relaxing for a bit tonight. Three more nights of work this week. Working an extra night this week because of the holiday. will really enjoy my days off!!

Our Sweet Adelines group has a singing engagement at the mall on Saturday. Should be fun.

Off to read the other posts!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

O.K., Cindy we have been in prayer and we appreciate the update report. Sorry for the day and stressul gain. Will remember you tomorrow.

Lenise---awesome. When you get 10 pounds to goal, the maintainer forum is a quiet place to be. I still like the celebration on our chat threads. Great job, champ I believe. See you tomorrow and I see that you have joined, posted and put your new challenger graphic in.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn:

This last week's BIGGEST WINNER in our Time For Change Challenge is Faye with a 1.40 pound loss. (Faye, I know you reported a 1.6 pound loss but according to the weight you reported this week and last week that is the difference).

:cong: Faye!! :woo: :broc:

Our OVERALL BIGGEST WINNER is Lenise (DevotedHeart:)) who lost 18.0 pounds (9.92 %)!!!

:cong: Lenise!! :woo: :broc: :brill: :bam: :blues: :cooly: :god:

:th: to all who participated in this challenge!

Please review the progress chart here.

:th: for the opportunity for me to be part of this ministry and keep the charts.

May the Lord encourage you all in the new challenge and give you :vic:

Have a blessed and terrific Tuesday, friends. :)
Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

YAY FAYE!

LENISE CHAMP MATERIAL!

:bam: :brill: :blues:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Hi all. :hug:

Congratulations Faye on being this weeks winner :broc:

Lenise, congratulations on being the overall winner. Way to go. :broc: :broc: :broc:

Cindy, continuing to pray. :hug:

Went grocery shopping and errands. John is resting for about an hour before going to deliver papers to the different businesses in our county.

Have a blessed afternoon :hug: :bless: :rose: :rejoice: :light: :bible: :roses: :butter: :dove:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Congratulations Faye and Lenise.

Marty is pretty sick from the chemo and we have company coming. I took the rest of the week off to clean, cook and look after Marty. It nice to have vacation time again I can use. My daughter and her husband are coming Thursday and Marty's friend Howard is coming a week from Saturday to visit. I need to tidy up the back yard and try to get the gas grill going. I still have flowers in flats I have not had time to plant. When I did have time it was pouring down the rain.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Thanks everyone!! Let's get a move on in our next challenge!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:cong: Lenise!! Way to go!!!
Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Thread is officially closed. Challenge is over. DO NOT POST HERE. :spirit: :home: :morn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Locked Topic