Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Time For Change Challenge Chat; December 31, 2012 - July 1, 2013
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:42 AM (13,511 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

The new Time For Change Challenge will begin on Monday, December 31, 2012 and run through Monday, July 1, 2013.

In this new challenge we will strive to make the changes needed to get healthier. It is time to lose weight. It is time to be more active. It is time to work towards being more consistent with making wise choices.

I will maintain a chart for this challenge that will show total pounds lost and percentages.

Our Dear Editor Candy has created this beautiful graphic that can go in the signature of each participant:

Posted Image

The winner of the Time For Change Challenge will receive this graphic in their signature:

Posted Image

You can reply to this topic if you want to be part of this new challenge. If you would like, you may post your starting weight for this challenge.

Log in and post each Monday after December 31, 2011 (beginning Monday, January 7, 2013) to report what you have lost, gained or if you maintained since the prior week's post. Chat, support and encouragement are always a daily event.

It helps a great deal if you maintain your progress in your signature. Be sure to report actual pounds lost or gained during that week.

NEW RULES APPLY TO THOSE WHO MISS REPORTING:
Sometimes life happens and you may be unable to post and report your progress for a week or any number of weeks. The GTD administration team wants to make sure the challenge is fair for everyone. Here is how we will be handling missed weeks in this challenge and going forward:
If you miss reporting 1 or more weeks and then report a loss - that total loss will be averaged out over the time missed and that is what you will be credited for. For example, if you miss reporting for 2 weeks and then report a 3 pound loss, you will be credited for 1 pound for each of the 2 weeks missed plus 1 pound for the current week reporting. If your averaged loss for that current week is more than other members than you will win first place.
If you miss reporting for 1 or more weeks and then report a gain or maintain - that gain or maintain will be reflected only in the current week you are reporting.

Let's get started. It is Time For Change. Join the challenge now!
Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I'm in of course.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm in
Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
I am in
Offline Profile Goto Top

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
me too!!!!! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Count me in!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Starting weight 224.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Count me in too! I do not want to lose much more weight; but I do have a lot of accountability to keep in check.
Starting weight is 160 pounds.
Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Good morning everyone! I'm starting this challenge at 181 pounds.

May you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Starting out at 185.

Have a beautiful New Year's Eve.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Starting weight is 194.2
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Starting weight 240
Goto Top

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am in and back....

Finally feeling better.... sickness gone and hormones starting to get evened out again.... I was in total exhaustion from hormone problems (not sleeping well do to hot flashes etc)....

Today we even did a 2 mile walk (35 min with cool down)..... :)

Starting at 264.5 :( Not sure how I will do on the losing side, since my hormones are effecting that.... but my goal is to get healthier by walking etc.... :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Starting weight of 181.4!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

:welb: Lori.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
My weight goal for this challenge is 169. Right now I'm at the weight I was about 10 years ago. The lowest I went then was 175. I think this will be a real challenge to get below that. But it can be done!!

I have noticed lately that I don't want to eat a lot of food. Tonight we had tacos for dinner. I got a smaller amount than I normally do, and didn't even eat all of it. And at lunch time at night I haven't been eating as much either.

I really would like to be down to 164 by the end of this challenge, but we'll see how it goes. 164 puts me out of the overweight range and into the high end of the healthy weight range for me. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

Bought a new journal from amazon and got it in the mail today. One of my goals is to write in it everyday -- keeping track of my weight, how much I am eating, if I am eating according to hunger, my frame of mind that day. Just striving to see if I am eating for the right reasons and not reacting from emotions. Learning to turn to Him and not to food!

Need to go clean up the kitchen. Have a great night!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Daily Motivator
December 31, 2012

Make the world sparkle!

Blessings to my GT family this year! Hello 2013!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Happy New Year everyone! It is indeed time for change! I am planning my menus and exercise for the week, writing it down and making a commitment to it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
:morn: Happy New Year everyone. Praying everyone has a blessed year. :ghug:

:bana: :only: John is outside taking the Christmas decorations down. We have a small tree on the end table and one small tree on a back counter. Not sure if I will take down today or tomorrow. A little lazy today, especially with this headache. I have a few decorations on the coffee table. That is all I put up this year. :sighs:

We are having ham today for our main meal.

We went to bed at 11pm last night. Haven't stayed up til midnite for a few years now. :ha:

Haven't exercised like I should to strengthen my lower body. Need to do that. I did some exercise yesterday and today. I used to be so good about my water intake. Since this happened to me in beginning of April, I haven't done as well. Been doing better with it last couple of days. :veg:

Just wanted to say how much you all mean to me. You have been so supportive of me. Love to all. :praise:

Have a blessed day.

Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us. Psalm 90:17 :jc: :wave: :rejoice: :light: :hc: :roses: :butter: :dove:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
It is "TIME FOR CHANGE"
I need to continue all the positive things I have done in 2012 and add exercise to my program.
Will it happen?
This is a biggie for me.
I am finding it difficult to even mention it.
I am going to get up and do my 10 minutes first day of exercise now.
I will be using my Wii Fit.

Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I did 30 minutes!! PTL
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn:

Great chatting today already!

The winners have been announced in the Strive For Five Challenge.

Great job on the exercising, Faye! We need to get back in to our mall walking tomorrow.

We had a very good time at our friends' home last evening. Left there at 10:00, got home and both Fayrda and I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up just in time to see the ball drop then went to bed.

Have a blessed and terrific Tuesday, friends. :)
Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I need to be exercising to strengthen my hips and legs. Plan on starting my walk away the pounds dvd.

Should be sleeping now, but I woke up with a cramp in my leg. Going to try to go back to sleep now!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Momof9Blessings
Member Avatar
Power Poster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well today, I decided we should do the Body Revival from Body Gospel..... it was a lot of fun - but probably way to hard for me right now.... but I made it thru the 30 something min fast past walk/aerobics.....

Last night's eating was not too great - but in actuality - not too bad

I am off to a good start this week!!! Getting my health back....
Offline Profile Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
I totally forgot that yesterday was the last day of the old challenge, so my starting weight will have to be Jan 7th. I didn't even step on the scale yesterday....This morning showed a 2 pound gain from my last reporting... Not sure if that was the holiday eating or last nights Prime Rib dinner with late night snacks (cheese and crackers, chips and cheese dips, etc.)

Glad to see so many returning for this one. I read Dave's daily devotional today. I really liked it....reminds me that I have NOT kept His temple clean (??? and what happened to the keeper of His temple if it was entered unclean??). I need to clean the temple He has put me in charge of (get rid of that 'dirty/excess' fat, clean out those arteries, clean up any of my thoughts that might not be pleasing to Him, etc.) The devotional was a Fantastic way to start a New Year....and GREAT way to start this New Challenge........It IS Time For A Changd!!! Thanks Dave and Editor for ALL the hard work you have done (the Charts, creating the graphics and posting them on everyone's pages, and things I may not even be aware of....)... THAMKS!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! PRAISE THE LORD FOR A NEW YEAR!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

How exciting to see you all here today!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I was up for a while this morning. DH rubbed my legs for me, so that felt better. Then i got a headache. So glad tonight is my Friday. I'm ready for my three days off!!

Just relaxing right now before I have to leave for work.

Dinner tonight was a slice of pizza, some walnuts, and 4 fig bars. Not very healthy, but I don't feel like cooking right now. Not really hungry any more, either.

Nighty night!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

It WAS moderate, Lenise!

I overate yesterday.

A motivation as we trod ahead in this new year for me was this reading today: (It reminded me of our time for a change challenge!)

*Time flows on

The passage of time does not matter to you. It only matters to the body you inhabit and the material artifacts with which you surround yourself.

Wisdom grows upon itself in an ever-expanding manner. There is always room for more, and there always will be.

Beauty becomes more beautiful as you connect more intensely to it. Life increases in fulfillment as it is lived.

Time does not add or subtract or create or destroy anything on its own. Time merely spaces out your perception of what is always real, and gives you the opportunity to experience it all to the fullest extent.

As quickly as the old times flow away from you, new times flow toward you. Each new moment brings even more possibilities than the moment that has just passed.

Time flows on. And as it does, you can continue to fill your world with the best that life can be.

Ralph Marston*
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Happy New Year!!! A new beginning in a lot of areas for me this year and am believing this will be a much better year for my whole family!!!!

My main focus will not just be my portion control this year but exercise!!! Faye, I wonder if xbox 360 has a "fit" game? I was thinking about the zumba one but after my kids found it at the library and I watched them play it at home.....no way it is waaayyy tooooo hard!! I don't want to do something that will hurt me!!!!

Happy Wednesday!!
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Currently 21 degrees in WNY with light snow.

Everyone, I've decided to continue tracking percentages during this challenge. I will again include that figure in the progress chart. I found it interesting and added incentive.

No specific plans for today. Got some household chores done yesterday which felt good. Maybe some more today.

Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday, friends. :)
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:morn: GTF
I made my menu for today last night.
I just finished my exercise for the day. 31 Minutes
Going into the kitchen now to make my healthy breakfast.
I am working on my "TIME FOR CHANGE"!
Thank You Lord!!
:ghug:
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:th: Dave I liked seeing the percentages too.
Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Good morning everyone! I'm really excited about the new graphic, "Time for Change"! Hope my weight loss actions meet up with my excitement! Currently cold here in Maryland, around 32 degrees.
Hope everyone will have a wonderful day in the Lord! "Remember not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:18, 19 (KJV))
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Six degrees out this morning. Dick had a patient. Car was stuck in the drive. I had to push him out. All the exercise and outdoors that I need for the day. :should: ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Hi all. :hug:

Moderate temps for the next few days.

I had exercised Monday and Tuesday am. I didn't today. My legs were a little unsteady. :unsure:

Went grocery shopping and took the few Christmas things I had in living room and kitchen plus some laundry. I am exhausted. lol

Have a blessed day. :bless: :rose:

God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6

:vic: :power: :praise: :cheer: :glory: :rejoice: :roses: :butter: :dove:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Currently -1 without wind chill!

My motivation for our challenge today is: Make the choice while you still can!

Offline Profile Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
:morn: I need to get moving. but need to wait for the washer to finish before I can leave the house, so it will be a bit longer before I can.

It is going to be in mid 20's today, with a 'skiff' of snow. It the Winter Special Olympics was going to be this week or next, that would be good for the athletes. Unfortunatly, according to the almanac, the temps are going to be drop - alot - just as the games are suppose to start. Oh, well, nothing we can do about that, God has the weather in his hands, so we will trust him to do what is best for our state (we could use the moisture from snow) and we'll do what is best for athletes (dress/layer them warmly).....

I am tying to come up with a menu for today. Think lunch will be Cottage Cheese and Fruit. I know if I go to the club for cards tonight, the planned meal for the players is Pizza.

I :pray: God's :bless: come your way today. As we :feed: we will :gain: knowledge of His Love and :grace: for us.

May we allow Him to help us stay :in: of our :deat: . Lets choose to :cheer: or :walk: or :flip: or :jog: and not be a :couch: .
Give God the Glory for today and His :vic: in our lives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Candy, like the motivational tip; not the temp.
39 degrees here and I am about to freeze.

"Make the choice while you still can"
a good one!!
Menu made for the day and I am going to get up and exercise now; while I still can.
:th: Candy!!
Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
just read your Motivation, Editor........I like it.........

.... "Make the choice...While there's still Time" ..........
Offline Profile Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
:bless: to all.

Not feeling great. My legs feel heavy and sore yesterday and today. Not as bad today but still there. Praying I am not regressing. :cry:

Overcast today. Not good for my mood. :aw: John is working his part time job. My fur babies are keeping me company. :bana:

Not doing much today. One load of laundry and writing a couple of bills. :ew: :stink: lol

Have a blessed day. :light: :hc: :rejoice:

We all, who with unveiled faces comtemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

:roses: :butter: :dove:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great chatting today!

Currently 22 degrees in WNY with light snow.

Fayrda's Workman's Compensation hearing is at 2:00 pm today. We are praying the judge rules she is 100% disabled as the doctors have documented and she starts getting weekly checks that are for the right amount. There will eventually be another hearing for a lump-sum settlement as the doctors are saying she can no longer work. Fayrda is fully prepared with all her documentation but is still nervous. We are praying for peace and God's will and victory.

Have a blessed and thankful Thursday, friends. :)
Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Will be praying for Fayrda this afternoon as the hearing takes place!

Not feeling well today. Just have a cold and my head is all stopped up. And I have to do some shopping this afternoon and Sweet Adelines tonight. All I want to do is sleep right now. But it's too uncomfortable to do so.

Have a great day!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I am at work. I am tired and my sinuses are bothering me. I did not exercise yesterday. I went home had a light dinner and went to bed. The cold and ice are bad here. It is 23 degrees now and in the teens at night. I couldn't get my SUV up the hill this morning. Marty was able to drive me out. I just hang on and close my eyes. I can't tell you how he does it. He has chemo today. Should be on his way now. I really struggle in the cold to function. I plan to do my weight lifting this evening next to the heater.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Looks like there is burdens to pray about today. :pray: :rain:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:noon:

The fervent prayers of righteous people definitely availed much. The judge ruled in Fayrda's favor. See details in my prayer request in that thread.

:woo:

Still very cold at 28 degrees and windy. Some snow flurries. We are home now and resting. :dave:

Hope you are all having a great day. :)
Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Dave I am very happy for you!!

Marty's chemo was delayed until tomorrow due to a mix up at the lab. They didn't process his bloodwork in a timely manner.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

A little late but please count me in for the new challenge. I love the theme focus "time for change". Interestingly it is the 3rd time in the last 24 hrs that "change" has come up for me! Thanks for making clear the changes regarding missed weigh-ins as I have wondered about that from time-to-time and this seems very fair to all. That said,

I am a willing party... ready for change... and able to follow through with my weight loss plan and goals. That is my mantra. ;)
Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Glad Grace has joined us!
My motivation for today is Dear Father, may people see the character and likeness of Jesus in me today. Amen
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Good morning!!!! Slept for a few hours on my chaise lounge. That's the only way I can breathe. Hopefully I will be able to sleep a few more hours this morning. Don't have to work tonight. So I hope I feel better by tomorrow night.

Have a fantastic Friday!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Challenges · Next Topic »
Locked Topic