Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How to stay calm during the crisis
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 04:54 AM (312 Views)
Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

By Kimberly Taylor

"My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness And Your salvation all the day, For I do not know their limits. (Psalm 71:15)"

One of the benefits of your salvation is that you can go boldly to God's throne to find grace and mercy to help you in time of need. That is one thing that you should not hesitate to tell others about in this world of sickness and sadness.

I was studying about the Apostle Paul this morning and in my studies it told the story of how Paul and his fellow shipmates survived a shipwreck (Acts 27). The commentary gave great insight into how Paul responded with calm during the crisis and was a living testimony of God's salvation.

In a similar way, you can remain calm during crises and tell others about how God savedyou. Remember the acronym C.A.L.M.

Call on the Lord. The bible remindsyou in Deuteronomy 4:7, "For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?" The operative phrase is for 'whatever reason.' Isn't that amazing? The God who created the universe says that you can call him up wheneveryou have a need. Whether you need protection, provision, direction, or salvation, He is available to help.

Remember, Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall - all you have to do is call!

Anticipate His answer. God promises us in Psalm 91:15: "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him." So wait with expectation for the Lord to help you as He promised. God does not lie; He always keeps His word.

Listen for his direction. One of the important things to remember when you need help is to avoid panic or fear. Both of these emotions are like static on the radio; they make it hard to hear God's still, small voice. In addition, when you panic, you may take rash actions that you will regret later. So take deep breaths and focus on the fact that God promised never to leave you nor forsake you. He is right there with you in the midst of the storm. He wants to lead you and guide you safely through. As you obey his direction, he will bring you to the location that will bring Him ultimate Glory!

Make known his salvation. When God has delivered you from the storm, then don't keep your mouth shut. Tell others about what God has done for you - that is how God gets the Glory. When they see how you responded with calm and grace, then they gain hope that they can do the same with God's help.

So use the C.A.L.M formula whenever you are facing a storm or better yet, use it every morning. In that way, you become so familiar with the process when times are good, that it will be second nature when times are challenging.

You will also demonstrate your trust in the Lord. As the scripture promises, you can count on Him to direct your path.

Be healed, in Jesus' Name!

Kimberly Taylor
Author, Take Back Your Temple eBook
www.takebackyourtemple.com

P.S. The ultimate key to enduring hardship is 'resilience'. Resilience is the ability to bounce back. Think about it this way: If you toss an inflated beach ball toward a hard surface, what will it do? It will bounce back! The harder you throw it down, the higher it bounces back. The only way it stays down is if it is deflated. So the key to resilience is to stay inflated - staying filled up with the things of God, not "hot air" - the things of this world.

To learn how to become a person of Resilience with God's help, then check out my Kindle book, The Serenity Prayer Secret. The great news is, you don't have to have a Kindle to to enjoy Kindle books.

Amazon offer free Kindle reader apps for your PC, iPad, Android and others.

Read the The Serenity Prayer Secret today so that you can start enduring the storms of life with peace and grace.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
This is easier said than done, but I have learned from my experience of learning how to walk again. It is not easy, but I knew the Lord was with me. I got mad sometimes, but I believe He understood. Still get discouraged at times, but it has gotten easier with time.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
Having a real hard time right now. I some moments when I feel strong and have faith but also many moments of fear and loneliness.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

HERE ARE SOME GOOD TIPS WHETHER YOU THINK THEY ARE APPLICABLE OR NOT!
If you are not on meds go to an ER or to a trusted friend that can refer you.

Coping with Side Effects of Bipolar Medications

Content provided by: Better Medicine from Healthgrades

Your healthcare provider has prescribed a medication that helps treat bipolar disorder. This sheet tells you about side effects that may occur during your treatment and how these effects can be managed.

Understanding Side Effects

Medications are effective treatments for bipolar disorder. Along with their benefits, though, medications can cause unwanted side effects. Side effects tend to be worse when treatment is first begun and may go away over time. Those that donít go away can often be managed.

Managing Side Effects

To help cope with specific side effects, try the tips below:

Side Effect

What You Can Do

Constipation

Drink plenty of water. Eat more bran and fresh fruits and vegetables. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. Talk to your healthcare provider about stool softeners.

Daytime drowsiness

Talk to your healthcare provider about adjusting the time when you take your medication.

Dizziness

Get up slowly from a sitting or lying position; avoid caffeine and alcohol; drink plenty of water (not drinking enough liquid can make dizziness worse).

Trouble sleeping

Talk to your healthcare provider about adjusting the time when you take your medication. Exercise early in the day. Avoid foods and drinks that contain caffeine, such as chocolate, coffee, tea, and colas. Try to go to bed at the same time every night.

Nausea or upset stomach

Take your medication with food. Drink lots of fluids, such as water, unsweetened fruit juice, and lemon water. Ask your healthcare provider whether changing the dosage of your medication will help.

Weight gain

Get exercise. At least 30 minutes of activity a day is recommended. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and fewer processed foods, sweets, and snacks. Discuss concerns about weight gain with your healthcare provider, who may be able to adjust your treatment plan.

Keep Taking Your Medication

Troublesome side effects are one reason that people stop taking bipolar medications. If your medication causes side effects that you find bothersome or troubling, donít stop taking your medication. Instead, talk to your healthcare provider. An adjustment in dosage, medication type, or other change may help. In some cases, a different medication will treat your symptoms without causing the same side effects. Or, you may be given an additional medication that treats a specific side effect. In any case, adjustments can be made so that the benefits of treating your bipolar disorder outweigh any side effects that you have.

NOTE: This sheet does not include all adverse reactions, precautions, side effects, and interactions of this type of medication. Talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have any questions. Always follow your healthcare providerís instructions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pastor's Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply