Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Our Daisy; Needs Prayers
Topic Started: Jul 13 2011, 01:22 PM (704 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Please keep our Daisy in your prayers. She is extremely ill and in the vet's ICU. The bump on her eye was a grub. There are species of flies that lay eggs in living mammals and that appears to be what happened. They surgically removed that, but they strongly suspect Daisy also has the bacterial infection that dogs can get from rodent urine which in almost everyone's back yard. That infection is not related to the grub.

To be honest, the prognosis is not good. They are keeping Daisy for 24-48 hours and she is on IV fluids and medication. Only time will tell.

All this is very overwhelming, but we are looking for God's perfect will in this situation and trusting that He will make a way.

:th: :grace:
Quote Post Goto Top

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
We have dealt with grubs on cats in the past. Not pleasant. I have never heard about the infection from rodent urine. Very scary. We have many rodents here in the woods and I am sure Foo is exposed to their urine. Marty and I are both praying for Daisy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Dave, I am so sorry. I will be praying. I know it hurts to see our fur babies suffer. Keep us posted. Going now to pray

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Praying, Dave! She must be scared being away from you all!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Dear Lord, we frequently ask for health for our pets. We are their caregivers and now Daisy is turned over to a Vet's care. Lord, in Your mercy, remember this little girl and grant that she may be healed through the care and medicines of Dave's Vet. She is scared and weak and we pray that You will extend her life and make her well again. Heal, the the Name of our Healer, Christ Jesus. Amen

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fayrda just got off the phone with the vet. Daisy is about the same (no worse) and will stay at the vet's at least one more day. We are going to visit her this afternoon.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

:th: :grace:
Quote Post Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Give her a scratch behind the ears for us!!! If she likes that!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fayrda, Russell and I went to see Daisy this afternoon. She is very depressed which is one of the symptoms of this disease. It is called Leptospirosis and you can read about it in that linked article. The vet is concerned because Daisy seems even more yellow than yesterday. That is caused by the liver and kindneys not functioning properly.

Daisy did recognize us and perk up when she realized who was visiting her. Her ears went up, her eyes opened and she sat up. Fayrda donned a mask gown and gloves and held our fur baby for a few minutes while Russell and I put on gloves and pet her.

It is still too early to tell what the ultimate outcome will be. Our vet is wonderful and hopes to see an improvement by tomorrow afternoon. This is costing some money, but if Daisy pulls through it will be worth it all.

Please keep praying. :th: :grace:
Quote Post Goto Top

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Am continuing to pray Dave

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I remember visiting Moses at the Vet's and he was so bad he had no reaction to me. He wagged his tail at Dick though and I knew that meant he was on the mend. God bless Daisy!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fayrda and I just got home from visiting Daisy. She is not doing well. The vet thinks her kidneys and liver are no longer functions. The last 'test' was that the vet gave Daisy a shot of a diuretic called Lasix while we were there. If Daisy does not urinate within the next 24 hours then it her time to go and we will have that done tomorrow afternoon.

:th: :grace: :pray:
Quote Post Goto Top

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Aw, Dave--this is not the news I expected to hear. Still praying for a miracle for your little girl.

:please: :jc:

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
So sorry to read about Daisy, Dave. My prayers go out to you and your family, and Daisy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The vet on evening duty called Fayrda about 5:30 to tell us Daisy was in complete renal shut-down, meaning her kidneys and liver were definitely no longer functioning.

We went over and the vet put Daisy to sleep while she laid on Fayrda's lap. We brought Daisy's body home and properly buried her in our back yard under the pear tree. Fayrda purchased a plastic sweater bin with a pink lid and Daisy is wrapped in towels in the bin buried 6 inches under the surface.

We are heart broken but know we did the right thing.

Posted Image

Daisy
July 10, 2007 - July 15, 2011
Always in our hearts
Quote Post Goto Top

Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I'm so sorry Dave! She was an adorable looking dog! I know you all will miss her lots!! :hug:

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Unbelievably sad, Dave and my prayers goes out to your family over your loss. It wasn't long ago that you introduced Daisy to our GT family. When they pass on it never seems as if their lives were long enough and hers wasn't for sure. May the Creator who gave us man's best friend comfort you all.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Dave and Fayrda @ sons: With heartfelt sympathy, praying for you in the loss of your adorable pet. May your warmest memories of her help to ease your loss.

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
Dave, read your first posting and haven't been back on until now to get the lateset. I am so sorry, it was not what I was expecting to hear. I'm sure the wonderful pictures and memories will bring comfort. Me prayers are added to the families for comfort and time for hearts to mend.

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Oh, Dave, I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. My prayers for you and the family. I know how difficult it is to lose a fur baby. I am glad you brought her home to be buried. Duchess is buried in our yard too. :rose: :butter: :dove:

Ann
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
So very sorry. Praying for comfort for your family.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I am so sorry Dave. I just got back and this is the first post I read. I was hoping for better news.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers.

We decided this morning to have Daisy cremated. Fayrda took her out of the grave (still in the container) and we took her over the the vet's office. They will send her body off today and we will receive the remains in a nice container in about 10 days. We think all four of us seeing her buried was good closure, but this is the wiser choice for long term.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · All God's Creatures · Next Topic »
Add Reply