Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Snapdragon Flowers; Transplanting Flowers
Topic Started: May 5 2011, 02:46 PM (1,062 Views)
Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
How do you transplant Snapdragon flowers? This is the second year since I planted them, and they have been blooming every since! Many books state that they are annuals. Thank you.

Edited by Delete, May 5 2011, 02:48 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hi, Ironia.

Snapdragons are technically an annual, but I've had them come back even up here in WNY.

If you can leave them where they are and they are OK, then that would be the best thing to do. If you need to transplant them, then make sure to water them well before and after moving them and getting all of the roots - dig deep. Keep them well watered for about a week or more after the transplant.
Quote Post Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thank you Dave! I'm trying to save money by spreading them in my yard without buying new plants! These flowers are becoming my favorite in the yard for they come back year after year!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

In the city I had snapdragons that came back each year without doing anything special, but I never tried to propagate them.

Cindy marie
Member Avatar
Hallelujah Member
I have never known them to come back. I wonder if they are self seeding. Some annuals act like perennials by self seeding.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thank for your answers. My snapdragons are blooming now. I will not disturb them. Cindy marie, I have noticed that they seem to be spreading, so I will not touch them or use money I really do not have to purchase more.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
The snapdragon flowers in my flower beds are so beautiful! I don't have a lot, just enough to see the many colors they come in, i.e. purple, red, yellow, white, pink. I hope to add more next year.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I hope you can add to this collection Ironia. They remind me of the wonderful time I had in my old neighborhood. Maybe I need to buy a pot or seeds of them next year?

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
I think it would be worth it! Have you ever grown flowers from seeds? I tried but did not succeed.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Oh yes, I used to grow flowers from seeds. Marigolds works well. Now this is mid summer so I don't know that anything works well, but marigolds are an annual which will spread and come back just like snapdragons.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thank you for the information. Do you start your seedings in the house?

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

You can start them indoors if you have a sunny enough window. You can also plant them directly outoors.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ask A Question · Next Topic »
Add Reply