Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hamburger Soup
Topic Started: Jan 17 2011, 12:40 PM (653 Views)
Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Hamburger Soup

Servings:10

-----------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds ground beef
1/2 small head cabbage, diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn (optional)
2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms (optional)
3 quarts water
1/2 cup barley
2 teaspoons dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
4 carrots, chopped
3 potatoes, diced

-------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for about 5 minutes, or until brown and crumbly. In a large soup pot over high heat, combine the ground beef, cabbage, celery, tomatoes, corn, mushrooms, water, barley, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and potatoes and continue to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are done to your liking. trition Info
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 584
Total Fat: 37g
Cholesterol: 116mg
Sodium: 561mg
Total Carbs: 35.3g
Dietary Fiber: 7.2g
Protein: 28.3g

P.S. This recipe may have been posted in the past. But I made it this weekend with some variations. Yummy! I like more spices, i.e. Emmerils, garlic, onions, etc. The soup is very good, but I made too much. Hope it freezes well!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
Yumm!! Barley!!! Sounds good!

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
This is a delicious soup, and can add a bit more seasoning if you want, but to answer the 'wish'...........................

We make this up at the club...and it freezes well. They make a double batch, and freeze 1/2 in daily serving size containers, this way we almost always have soup on hand.

Am really glad to see it broke down, a few of us were wondering about the calories --- Carbohydrates/Fiber and sodium....this is really helpful. Thanks, Ironia

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thanks for answering my question Angelic! Glad the nutritional information is helpful!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soup's On · Next Topic »
Add Reply