Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pet Sitting
Topic Started: Jan 17 2011, 11:28 AM (2,095 Views)
Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
:up: :dog:

http://www.sugarglider.com

I'm pet sitting my nephew's puppy and sugarglider. Very interesting couple of days with the dog at foot and the sugarglider wanting some attention. (Why would one want a sugarglider?) But, I'm enjoying the change of pace!
Edited by Delete, Jan 17 2011, 11:31 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

That sugarglider is an interesting animal, for sure. Have fun pet sitting, Ironia! :dog:
Quote Post Goto Top

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thanks Dave!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I missed this. I know the sugargliders really need a special diet. I saw a court case on it before and as cute as they are---just let me have a doggie.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
I know -- but the sugarglider wants to interact also! Very alert!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Are they? That is great. Can you hold them?

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
You can, but I didn't want to. They really like to run up and down you.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

That is the same way with a feret. My grandaughter had two and used to insist I hold them. Not something I enjoy because in reality those pets are like rodents.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well, I'm dog sitting again. We are concerned because the dog is loveable but very skittish. I even have to chase him to take him outside for his walk. Very strange. He is a year old. But we are enjoying the change in pace!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I believe because he is still so very young that he hasn't matured enough to be confident in new handlers or situations.

Be vary careful to keep him on leash though.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thank you for the information. Yes, I must remember the leash. Saturday, the leash slipped from my hand while outside. I was so very afraid that he would run away. But the Lord intervened, and the dog did not know that he had gotten loose.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Thank God! It is a responsiblity for you for sure, Ironia.

Our neighbor just had a skittish year old female shepherd run away a month or two back. She never recovered her. Certain dogs, if they survive, will always find a new home thankfully. Both our current dogs are strays.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
The little puppy has returned home with his family! I miss him but do not miss the responsibility!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Ha! You sure you don't want to try one permantly? I am glad you were able to keep him safe.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
No thank you! Thank you for your concern. I too am grateful that he was kept safe. You know, my nephew states that he also has to chase the puppy around the house to take him outside to tend to his business. How weird!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well I will be pet sitting again for a week. The sugar glidder and one year old dog. My routine will change -- but I'm up to the challenge!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

What perks does your nephew give you for doing this? As much as I love all animals I would need a reward.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
No perks -- just the company of his pets (smile).

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Yes! That is perk enough. Just wanted to make sure your nephew appreciated a pet sitter and for free!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well here we go! Dog is running around and sugar glidder is eating a strawberry.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Cute! What a lot of fun they are.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
I still don't understand why I and his owner have to chase him down to take him outside.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

He probably sees this as a game now, I think.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
maybe so,

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well the dog still sees taking him outside as a game. But he's so funny -- he comes more alive at night! I guess my nephew and his family comes more alive at night. However, I'm winding down! Interesting, the dog seems to recognize the seniority of my mother. The sugar glidder is very messy -- but very alert!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

So precious and I hope you can keep abreast of these critters that adapt to the master's hours.

Banned account
Member Avatar
Trustee
Ironia, what is a sugarglider? Never heard of it.

Sounds like you have your hands ful. lol

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Hi Barbara Ann. A sugarglider looks like a squirrel with strips and large eyes. He's loving the strawberries!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
I just don't know why some people let their dogs run wild. Just saw a big dog running around unleashed!
Edited by Delete, Jun 20 2011, 08:23 AM.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Praise the Lord, the little doggie is now walking in obedience! I don't have to chase him down to go for a walk. One of my friends prayed that the dog would walk in obedience! The Lord is concerned about the small things also! :dog:

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

God loves all creatures! I pray for my "boys" constantly.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
The dog and sugar glidder left this morning with their owner. And they didn't even look back. ;) :ha:

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Animals sure do live in the moment.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well our guests are back for a couple of days -- the doggie and sugar glidder. It's amazing how the doggie fits right back into the routine.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

So cute that he knows you and adjusts. You sure have a part time Auntie job to do!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thank you. He brightens my days!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well, the sugarglider and doggie have gone home! It was a nice change of pace for us!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Everytime I read this I want a new pet! I think I will just keep reading this instead!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Once you have a pet, it is hard not to have one or another! But just think of the additional work! That will make you think twice.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well the doggie has returned! By the way, his name is Zeus. Zeus has had a very impressive trimming which shows him to be smaller than he appears when his hair is longer! I'm still chasing him to take him outside to go to the bathroom! This time, I will not allow him to dominate my life, the majority of the time he is now confirmed to a small area in the kitchen. So I will do less chasing. His owner is on a missions trip for 10 days. One day I will post doggie's picture.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

This is so cute and I am glad to see Zeus visiting Auntie again. Would love to see his picture soon. I love doggies. Is the sugar glider with you too? Is your nephew being sent out buy church or private organization? Does Mom appreciate the visits by animal? It is great therapy.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
My nephew and 23 members from the same church went to Kenya. Africa on a missions trip. Yes, my mother likes the dog very much -- he makes her laugh! No, the sugar glidder did not visit this time.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
My nephew and 23 members from the same church went to Kenya. Africa on a missions trip. Yes, my mother likes the dog very much -- he makes her laugh! No, the sugar glidder did not visit this time.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Well Zeus is confining himself because of his unruly behavior. The last time he visited, he pulled some wallpaper down from our wall; this time he chewed on some wood around our baseboard. Too bad he didn't realize that when he first started visitiing he had the run of the house, but now he is more confined. Oh well, my mother and I are still enjoying his company!

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Golly, Zeus, Aunt Candy scolds your behavior! Get your act together and quit being a naughty boy or someone might end up spanking you!

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
I did spank Zeus yesterday for running from me. Is it good to spank a dog? I feel bad about it.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

I only spanked one dog with a quick swat with a fly swatter. Dogs learn to fear hands. I use my voice or ask them quite loudly if they want a spanking and tell them they were naughty--NO!
Dick is quite the spanker but he is the pack leader. Zeus obviously doesn't see you as a pack leader. Do you think he sees your nephew as such or is he still waiting for someone to take contol of him in a calm leadership role?

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Thanks for your comment. I just don't know. I will keep my hands to myself. Yes, obvious, he knows that I am not the leader of the pack. I don't know how he views my nephew, since he often has to chase him down to take him outside. At home, Zeus is confined to a space. I think he sees my mother as the leader of the pack (smile). When I attended the meeting, they were left alone for about three hours, and my mother stated that Zeus watched TV with her. She hates for me to place him in his crate.

Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

My little doggie Rowan watches TV with me and reacts to the noise of other dogs because I watch a lot of animal planet. IF they are companionship I can barely ask for anything else.

Delete
No Avatar
Trustee
Another day in the lives of Zeus and Ironia. Last night my uncle visited, and Zeus barked and ran. Well towards the end of the evening, I picked up Zeus' leash, and he walked ahead of me, and stood at the door while I placed the leash on him. I had previously informed my uncle that I had to chase Zeus down to take him outside!
'
'

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All God's Creatures · Next Topic »
Add Reply