Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Topic Started: Aug 2 2010, 06:03 AM (624 Views)
Head Admin editor
Member Avatar
Founder

Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich By: Chasity
"This is peanut butter and jelly with a twist. The kids will thank you for them." Rate/Review

Prep Time:
5 MinCook Time:
8 MinReady In:
13 Min

Original Recipe Yield 1 sandwich
Ingredients
2 teaspoons butter
2 slices white bread
1 teaspoon peanut butter
2 teaspoons any flavor fruit jelly
Directions
1.Heat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one slice of bread, and jelly on the other. Place one slice, buttered side down on the griddle. Top with other slice, so that peanut butter and jelly are in the middle. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, and heated through.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 273 | Total Fat: 12.5g | Cholesterol: 22mg
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angelic
No Avatar
Trustee
I love grilled peanut butter sandwiches...but never thought about putting 'jelly' on it. I usually have the lower fat peanut butter, and if I used a 'sugar free' jelly, that should bring the calorie and fat count down and I usually have a 5 or 7 grain bread, that would also change the carb count, I think. Hm-m-m-m-m, will have to check into this.....

DevotedHeart:)
Member Avatar
Award Member
[ * ]
I've never like peanut butter and jelly, but grilled peanut butter sandwiches sound good!! My dad always had peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was growing up and I couldn't stand the smell. It was only after I left home that I was able to eat peanut butter!! As a result, my kids don't like PB&J because I never made it for them. We made zebra bites when the kids were little.

To make zebra bites you need 3 slices of bread and apple butter. Take a slice of bread and spread apple butter on it. Top with another slice of bread and spread apple butter on it. And then top with the third slice of bread. Cut into quarters. Voila! Zebra bites!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soup's On · Next Topic »
Add Reply