Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
editor
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED CHALLENGE 7/1 THRU 12/30, 2013
WELCOME TO GRACE TODAY DIETERS!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can only view a few of our forums. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use the many member-only features such as post, reply, upload, view, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

Registration is simple, fast and completely free. Simply click on the 'Register' option in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and input your information as prompted. You must use a valid, traceable e-mail account. Your registration will be validated by the board Administrator, editor and you will receive a welcome e-mail message. You will then be free to login and enjoy the blessings of our Grace Today Dieters family.

NOTE: If you have an e-mail service that blocks spam, our welcome e-mail may be automatically sent to your "spam" folder or immediately deleted. Please check the settings on your spam blocker in your e-mail system. If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from Grace Today Dieters within a few days, please come back and try logging in with the user name and password selected. Thank you.

Please, no spammers or those joining to promote their own web sites, ministries or other charitable endeavors. Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I Believe!
Topic Started: Dec 20 2009, 11:30 AM (553 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Micah 5:1-14; Psalms 80:2-3,15-16,18-19; Hebrews 10:5-10; Luke 1:39-45

"... blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled" (Luke 1:45).

Today's Gospel Lesson beautifully channels our thoughts to a deeper level of Christmas meaning. In today's Lesson, Luke tells us what was going on in the mind of Mary, during her Advent Season, as she prepared to give birth to the Savior.

After God's angel had revealed to Mary that she was to bear a Son and call His Name Jesus, and after she had responded in faith, "Let what You have said be done to me" (Lk. 1:38), she visited her cousin Elizabeth who was pregnant also. When Mary arrived, Elizabeth greeted her, saying, "Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled" (Lk. 1:42,45).

Cousin Elizabeth perceived that first and foremost in Mary's thoughts, as she prepared for the Christmas Event, was to do the Will of God. She believed there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord. God's plan for the coming of the Messiah would be carried out. She was part of that plan. She would do her part, and she would do it joyfully: "My soul proclaimed the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit exults in God my Savior," Mary said to Elizabeth (Lk. 1:46-47).

A young girl listened attentively as her big sister told her a bedtime story:

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who had a beautiful golden ball. One day the golden ball fell into the well. But an ugly frog came along and retrieved it for her. The beautiful princess was so grateful to the frog that she took it with her to her room in the palace. During the night, the ugly frog turned into a handsome prince.

At this point in the story, the little girl began to look very skeptical. "What's wrong," her sister asked. "Don't you believe the story?" The little girl said, "No! I don't believe it. And I don't think the Princess's mother believed it either!"

"I believe in" is an expression of commitment.

http://www.voicings.com/
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pastor's Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply