Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PS text issue
Topic Started: 4 Jan 2011, 02:38 AM (186 Views)
TheMissingCloud
Member Avatar
Cereal Exaggerator of Understatements

Hey guys, I hope I'm posting this in the right area. Don't want to messy anything up being new to the forum and all.

I'm have a bit of an issue with PhotoShop. I have version 6.0 if it matters, old as hell I know, but that's me old fashioned and set in my ways. Anyway the text is really F'ing with me. I'll be working on something and use a font then create a new image do some editing and go to use the same size font without changing it from file to file and sometimes it will either be way larger or way smaller than the font truly should be.

Here's a reference pic for an example. Explanation below:
-In Untitled-1 I made a new file and wrote some random text in the font size listed above, Gosmick Sans 12pt.
-BR.psd was the file I was working on. As you can see the font there is way larger.
-I merged everything in BR and copied it to a new document Untitled-2 then used the text tool once more. Again I never changed the font size and now suddenly it is the same size as in first image, which is it's natural size.

Now the BR file I'm working in was opened from scratch I never messed with the text once and I even completely closed out of PS and reopened the program and completed the steps above to create the image up there. Same result. How the hell?

The BR file is at 100% and not zoomed in, how does the text magical change?

To further add to the mindfuck take a look at this.
-I copied the text layer from Untitled-2 directly to BR and as you can see in the photo in the text box the font size is now 2.88

Once again that "2.88" size text is actually 12pt font in it's natural dimensions. I've been using it this whole time for my comic so I roughly know what size it should rightfully be. This is not the first time PS has F'ed with me it's happen before like this sometimes going the other way and making the text tinny, but it's usually like this; larger than it's supposed to be. Normally its only the difference between like 3pt sizes not 10 like this.
Can anyone offer an explanation for this mystery? Am I somehow accidentally hitting a shortcut key that I don't know about that that magically magnifies the text size without actually changing the text pt size (if that is even possible)?
About 2,435 Total Spam Posts To Date -killed by K_D ~2/24/11
Posted ImagePosted Image
^cheers to Shiva for the sig
By reading this fine print all your soul are now belong to me.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vespertine
Member Avatar
Gurren Lagann

I read this before I went to sleep and I've just been woken up by my boyfriend coming in so I thought I would reply.

That's a really strange issue. I've had issues in CS3 myself with the font size, but with it being too small. It's not happened since I got my Mac though which means I can't remember how I fixed it. I had a little search however and found this solution. I don't know if you have tried it, if you haven't it's worth a shot...

Go to Edit > Preferences > Units & Rulers and go to Point/Pica Size, uncheck Postscript and check it again > OK

If that doesn't work then it sounds like it could be a bug, so it might be worth looking to see if you can find some official patches for it. I don't know how easy that will be as it's such an old version.

Good luck!
[RPGData:382|5|29|35|12|12|34|20|Fire Sword|Phoenix Armor|Assassin|631|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|33|0|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Illustration Portfolio | kurai-tsuya@deviantart | cessa@animepaper.net

* Can you hear it? This voice of mine was sucked emptily into darkness. *

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Ross Club' · Next Topic »
Add Reply