Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Background request for my laptop; (lot of content to work with)
Topic Started: 9 Oct 2009, 05:15 AM (979 Views)
Relient A
Member Avatar
Resident Giddy Schoolgirl

Okay, I said in the Constant Update 3 thread that I fell in love with a canadian musician named Lights. I now want a background collage using pictures from her website. So, if anyone would like to do that... you will get many, many cool points from me!

Dunno if it matters, but I'm currently running 1280x800 (thats the settings it was on when I got it, haven't changed it), so I guess work with that? Aaaand, I'm too lazy to click download on all of these, then upload to photobucket and link them from here, so I'mma just gonna post the links to the ones I like. Do what you will with them.

Source: http://www.iamlights.com/media/photos
Use whatever from there, I'm just listing my personal favorites. Except the first two, those are the ones that made me decide to request this.

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/lights2_0.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/Lights%205.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/__DSC1306_0.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/__DSC1783.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/__DSC3069.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/_DSC1131.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/__DSC1368.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/lights1_0.jpg

On second thought, I think this one might be with the first two... I want one where she has her keytar, not sure if I already linked one lol: http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/050.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/029.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/l_a9cc81e6b8302d938df59a48d4e5802e.jpg

http://images.warnerbrosrecords.com/drupal6x/cores/latest/sites/lights6/files/photos/l_f040b19d4aac8c945f448e21e772d319_0.jpg

If anyone can do this, I will be most appreciative. If I get more than one, I'll just switch them out daily!
Member in support of BustaMo for new Moderator
A geek is a person, male or female, with an abiding, obsessive, self-effacing, even self-destroying love for something besides status.
- Admiral Snackbar, President of the I HATE AERIS Club

Proud Member of the I HATE AERIS Club
[RPGData:6045|11|785|1006|730|910|966|918|Dragon Sword|Dragon Armor|Ranger|141797|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|360|0|1|13300|None|8|None|Knights of the Round Table]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shivadiva
Member Avatar
A Vivid Ash

Ill give it a go when i get home =] you just want a collage using all of those pictures? Do you want any wording or text maybe some song lyrics thrown in? And whats your color scheme
[RPGData:1664|11|552|1142|485|1025|1202|1049|Dragon Sword|Dragon Armor|Ranger|147533|None|None|380|7|1|178|None|8|None|Knights of the Round Table]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
K_D

Ok hun, just hope you realise you're missing out on talking to me, which by statistical stndareds is 9.2x worse than not talking to Jesus..........

SG

"My sword is as long as sephiroths, but with the girth of clouds. Don't worry, now lay down, and i'll show you a true renzokuken, as i never miss the trigger" Then once she starts getting all offended, keep screaming tits or gtfo.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Relient A
Member Avatar

Color scheme? Uhm, dark? My firefox theme is Nasa Night Launch, which I've always liked, and has always gone really well with the FFF themes.

I can't think of lyrics off hand that would work, partially because I just started listening to the song a couple days ago, so just her name, Lights, on there somewhere is good.
A geek is a person, male or female, with an abiding, obsessive, self-effacing, even self-destroying love for something besides status.

[RPGData:6045|11|785|1006|730|910|966|918|Dragon Sword|Dragon Armor|Ranger|141797|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|360|0|1|13300|None|8|None|Knights of the Round Table]

Relient A
Member Avatar

anyone else want to get 20 Relient points? I am developing a use for them. Or, rather, I will develop a use for them. discussion in the staff forum pending.

TheMissingCloud
Member Avatar
Cereal Exaggerator of Understatements

If these points go towards getting down with you I'll respectfully decline. I refuse to cheat on SG (jk).

I had actually planned to sign up for this to try my hand at a wallpaper for a change, but it was going to be a last ditch, if nobody else replies for like a week I'll come and save the topic kind of thing. I've got a vacation coming up if I find myself with an overabundance of alone time and alcohol I'll toss my hat into the ring.

Short hand: I'll give it a shot, but don't expect much.
About 2,435 Total Spam Posts To Date -killed by K_D ~2/24/11
Posted ImagePosted Image
^cheers to Shiva for the sig
By reading this fine print all your soul are now belong to me.
Posted Image

Relient A
Member Avatar

Will it be more exciting if its an actual forum challenge?

Vespertine
Member Avatar
Gurren Lagann

I gave it a stab for you. I hope you like it... I'm not really sure if it's what you're looking for but I couldn't resist making it fun and colourful. I attempted to keep some parts of it dark as requested and added text too.

Posted Image

That image of her is awesome which is why I picked it.

*Gets her new RA stamp book out*

This is like Nando's.... Do we get a free chicken when it's full?
[RPGData:382|5|29|35|12|12|34|20|Fire Sword|Phoenix Armor|Assassin|631|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|33|0|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Illustration Portfolio | kurai-tsuya@deviantart | cessa@animepaper.net

* Can you hear it? This voice of mine was sucked emptily into darkness. *

Relient A
Member Avatar

Oh, I like it. It wasn't entirely what I had in mind, but thats no problem at all.

+ 20 Relient A Points.

TheMissingCloud
Member Avatar

Relient A
11 Oct 2009, 11:25 PM
challenge?
See that's all you've got to say to get me on board *looks around for BustaMo...coast is clear* fo sho.

I just spent an hour gathering images and another looking through tutorials and other misc. things to make the required items for what I have planned. Shitty thing is the effect that would make it sooo much easier is only on one of the newer version of PhotoShop. I may have to cheat the system and download a free trial of CS4.

After tinkering around with stuff for 4 hours I've kind of altered my idea again, which means the last 3 hours of work are pretty much for nothing, but such is graphic editing. I'm gonna call it a night for now and maybe pick up where I left off tomorrow night if I get a chance. I am giving this my all though, so you'll have to excuse me if its not done in the next couple of days.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

TheMissingCloud
Member Avatar

I do believe this is deserving of another post. Hope you like it, took a lot of time and effort to make.

2 hours searching/gathering images and looking up tutorials that I didn't use.
6 hours actual work time.
8 hours total, I just worked a full time shift.

Also if you want me to ditch all the "photo booth" strips on the right and reupload it I can.

Enjoy

I would also like to know if it's ok if I upload this on my deviantART account as I like how it came out and would like to show it off. Fear not I'll put a watermark over the top of it and disable downloads so only you will be able to have this wallpaper.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Leona
Member Avatar
The Last Unicorn

WOW!!! Both those are sweet, I've gotta say i really LOVE the style of TMC's!! If I was a dude that would totally be my wallaper... it looks awesome!! Super ace job!!!!
Posted Image

Relient A
Member Avatar

Dude, that's pretty awesome, too. And I like how you made it to where all the icons will be in the empty-ish area with no pictures. Go ahead and post it, since it is your work.

Plus 20 Relient A points to both of you. who submitted.

PS: I had no idea it takes that long to make these...

Vespertine
Member Avatar
Gurren Lagann

Very nicely done TMCouTou should be pleased with the outcome it looks really good. It's a very classy montage and the amount of time you've put in really shows. You should feel proud of this piece, definitely put it on DA and definitely add a sig (the url for your DA account small along the bottom so it's hidden by the bar thing).

Wallpapers do require a lot of man hours to do but they are worth it. After all it's going to be looked at everytime the computer is on. I try to put a lot of time into
my wallpapers. My latest one is a redraw from a screen capture I took from Batemonogatari. I've done at least 10 hours or more of "vectoring" in Photoshop.

So even though we both put a lot of time Ito
them I'm sure TMC will agree when I say it's worth it... Now I sound like a damn L'Oriel add :/
Edited by Vespertine, 17 Oct 2009, 12:32 AM.
[RPGData:382|5|29|35|12|12|34|20|Fire Sword|Phoenix Armor|Assassin|631|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|33|0|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Illustration Portfolio | kurai-tsuya@deviantart | cessa@animepaper.net

* Can you hear it? This voice of mine was sucked emptily into darkness. *

Stephen Griffiths
Member Avatar

Wow i have to say that is an awesome wallpaper TMC, Definitely the best you've ever made!
[RPGData:30|1|-4|25|3|3|28|11|Fire Sword|Warrior Armor|Warrior|0|None|None|0|2|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
My in game Achievements

TheMissingCloud
Member Avatar

^Only wallpaper I've ever made lol

@RA I had actually planned to put Lights with the film strip directly in the middle and graffitti the sides with photo booth photo strips. Then I got to thinking that might make you seem a little too obsessed with her, not to mention anything on the left wont be seen anyhow since that is where most people keep their desktop icons. Kind of a last minute decision, but it makes sense.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like it. I'm just glad to be done with it because it seems like lately anything I do for more than a couple hours at a time before bed really influences dreams. So I've gone from taking in hot chicks that always turn into freakin' zombie making me paranoid as hell (Zombieland), killing people and having a 2 inch thick vase broke over my head, not affecting me (House of 1000 Corpses) shredding on my guitar, killing demons with the lighting that comes off it (Brutal Legend), to hitting on Lights. Apparently I've still got the moves...at least in my dreams...GF didn't find that too funny though until I told her I thought she was more attractive than Lights; wasn't lying either. No offense RA, but she's still all yours if you become DJ Rock All!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GFX Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply