Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worst final boss ever?
Topic Started: 29 Aug 2009, 11:25 PM (1,735 Views)
The Turk
Member Avatar
Charmless Man

Necron. Seriously, wtf? Why?

*Kuja has been defeated and the world is safe*

Necron: Hello, sorry to ruin the party, but my name is Necron and I would like to fight you all!

Zidane: ..... why?

Necron: Fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to suffering...

Zidane: ...... You stole that line from Yoda right?

Necron: DIE!!!!!

Zidane: Sigh. Whatever.

That was literally about as much back story as this prat got. What was the point of him? I said earlier that Trances were the worst thing in this game, but this is right up there.
[RPGData:75|1|-39|25|8|8|28|8|Fire Sword|Wing Armor|Assassin|0|None|None|0|1|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Posted Image
Shark Pig and Piggy Shark Fan!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leona
Member Avatar
The Last Unicorn

yes.

Seriously, when I saw the topic title and what section it was in that is really all I wanted to say!!!!! However in the name of all things non-spammy I will expand on that.

Necron Sucked monkey balls.. (yes, you heard me!!) I'm not even sure what he is... it was like... 'SURPRISE.. I'm the big bad!!! You thought it was Kuja... But NO!!! ha.. I am.. guess what... ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION!!!! Beat that Shizznit!!'

......(us)..... 'Ummm, okay.. urr.. sorry what was your name again?? oh, necron, umm.. okay... i will'

*two hits* 'Oh look... deaded... that wasn't very ultimate was it?!'
Posted Image

Riyuzaky
Member Avatar
It's Jenova's friggin' head

I thought he was Kuja at first but soon realized it wasn't. Kind of took the joy out of beating Kuja when he appeared, I mean if anything it would of been better to verse Kuja in a normal state like Sephiroth, that would of made a lot more sense.
Posted Image

Stephen Griffiths
Member Avatar

I liked Necron (though i seem to be the only person who did >.>) He was basically the Iifa tree. I thought it made sense.
[RPGData:30|1|-4|25|3|3|28|11|Fire Sword|Warrior Armor|Warrior|0|None|None|0|2|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
My in game Achievements

Sun And Steel
Member Avatar
ARE YOU GOURMET?!?!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/36121 - 1st point is an attempted analysis of Necron, I found it pretty interesting, someone clearly payed a lot more attention than I did when they played it.

To be honest I didn't actually have a problem with Necron when he just seemed to some random "Big-bad" popping out of nowhere, he definitely had more Last Boss feel to him than Kuja did.

p200nut
Member Avatar
One by one the penguins are stealing my sanity

I wouldn't say this wasn't too bad as a final boss fight. For me it was a high light of the game. I won I completed the game and I would never have to play this poor FF game ever in my life. I was let down so many ways in this the final boss just didn't matter
Posted Image

lykoleon
Member Avatar

last i beat this game over was..last year i think, could be more...yet i don't even remember who this necron is.... what?

The Turk
Member Avatar
Charmless Man

lykoleon
31 Aug 2009, 08:23 PM
last i beat this game over was..last year i think, could be more...yet i don't even remember who this necron is.... what?
The fact you don't remember him is a perfect example of why he sucks.
[RPGData:75|1|-39|25|8|8|28|8|Fire Sword|Wing Armor|Assassin|0|None|None|0|1|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Posted Image
Shark Pig and Piggy Shark Fan!

Cap'n
Member Avatar
Blastphemy! All fights are necessary.

Yes, Necron came from virtually nowhere and it's really hard to explain what he is, so read that link S&S put up...

When I first played through FF9, Necron is a 100% WTF boss. The only way to really understand it is to read between the lines of the game. That being said about Kuja not being the Final Final boss.... What would he do? Really? Fuse with the crystal? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of him wanting to destroy it? Trance was as high as a state any living thing in the game could go, there was no OMG HE'S GOT WINGS NOW LIKE ALL THE OTHER FINAL BOSSES! GRAFLWAFFLE!

Kuja didn't morph into a giant tree, wasn't mind controlled by another fucking monster that came from no where, didn't become a god, didn't morph with a demi-god from another universe, isn't the most powerful sorceress of all time fused with the most powerful GF, isn't an aeon controlled by an evil demon, isn't fused with an ancient god who help create a blade that could destroy a kingdom. He was just Tranced (Even though fueled by thousands of souls trapped in the Invincible) but non the less, Tranced and 10 characters, including Kuja, trance. Agreed, the writing got shaky by the end of the game but as an ultra final boss, Kuja wouldn't cut the cake because he did not have the power to become something epic like Safer Sephiroth or the Final Aeon.

So, really, what better way to end the game with fighting death itself? To prove existence after Kuja destroys the crystal which. Necon should have been explained earlier and better, but he had to be put at the end or the concept of Trance Kuja would have been destroyed if he became a demi god or something so I find it better they left Kuja alone and made Necron so you can be pissed at him.
My deviantART l Newgrounds Account
Posted Image

Valkyrur
Member Avatar

Really, I think the article S&S explains everything with a lot of detail. Reasonably too.

Though, when I did first encounter Necron, I almost wanted to scream.. When I first defeated Kuja, I went.

Me: YES. DIE, YOU MONKEY.

And then, he uses Ultima on the party. I was still unfazed.

Me: Hellooo? They're the main cast?

... And the Hill of Despair, with Necron spewing his crap.

Me: *Speechless*

Then, when Necron fought...

Me: *Internal scream*

There's no way I'll be screaming out loud, literally. The first encounter with Necron was death for the entire party. When he used Grand Cross, it wiped my entire party out. Blue Shockwave was quite a pain too, sometimes, but not as bad as Neutron Ring.

When I played through the stories over and over, I never exactly bothered about the reason for Necron's existence. If I'm not wrong, I merely dismissed him as some unknown entity that sprung out of nowhere, probably the depths of existence- whatever that may be.

... Which obviously is a totally wild guess- that is wrong too.
[RPGData:11725|9|217|250|145|165|235|167|Dragon Sword|Dragon Armor|Ranger|23763|Healing Potion|None|136|6|1|974|None|8|None|None]Posted Image

Cap'n
Member Avatar

Alright, I cannot remember what most of the link that S&S put up so if this was in the link, I apologize.

Necron was confirmed to be created by Kuja's fear of death as seen after the confrontation with Garland on Terra as stated by Square itself. When Kuja goes to Memoria, he always had the power to create monsters by mist but now that his power is being fueled by the thousands of souls that the Invincible sucked up during its time on Gaia, Kuja can now create monsters by thinking it so that is how the 4 Guardians of Terra (Lich, Malris, Tiamat and Krakken) were reborn, by Kuja's memory of them but since his power is so strong the Guardians got a huge boost of strength.

So in a way, Necron is a creation of Kuja but at the same time, Necron says he wants to return the world to what it was meaning Kuja maybe experienced some sort of great being during his life time, maybe one of the original souls of Terra that is sleeping in the Iifa Tree (as said by Garland on Terra) and imagined it as a great fear because his purpose in life was to cause chaos and discord on Gaia so that Terra can swallow the planet so he was afraid of his destiny of being an angle of destruction and mixed with his madness he obtains after finding out Garland put a time limit on his life like Kuja did the Black Mages that springs Necron into creation.

If you look at Necron's face, it resembles one of the many faces in Oeilvert and if you notice Necron's wings, they look like bodies... those are a look at the souls of Terra, not to mention Necron is blue which is the color of Terra meaning Necron is a creation of Kuja's fear of Terra. So in a way, I like the concept... but Square never mentioned it until a while after the game's release so yes, Necron is a bad final boss but I have seen much worse. If Necron was described more thoroughly then I would have like him.
Posted Image

Vespertine
Member Avatar
Gurren Lagann

That's actually really interesting and SUCH a shame it's not included in the game. Had they explained that then I think too would like the idea behind him. It reminds me of Sin, the whole thing if it being, I guess in a way, summoned.

Without the explanation though it really is like he sprang out of know where... I wonder why they never included any of that in the game? It's almost like they realized no one knew why he was in the game and felt they needed to explain.

I like the idea behind the character design too. I really can't remember what he looks like though... I might have to look him up...
[RPGData:382|5|29|35|12|12|34|20|Fire Sword|Phoenix Armor|Assassin|631|Healing Potion|Magic Potion|33|0|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Illustration Portfolio | kurai-tsuya@deviantart | cessa@animepaper.net

* Can you hear it? This voice of mine was sucked emptily into darkness. *

Cap'n
Member Avatar

Well I think the main problem was the production of the game because FF9 was suppost to be a spinoff that turned into one of the mainstream titles.

Square was working on 9, 10, 11 and Spirits Within all around the same time and they were rushed on the production of FF9 so they could focus mainly on 10 and the Film because Sakaguchi wanted these two to really help the company and also the film was a tribute to his mother who had died sometime around the production of all 4 projects.

So the script did get watered down towards the end (Around mid Disk 3 to the end) becasue it was rushed. I think Necron was going to have like a full fledged impact on Kuja and the party and Garland may have spoken about it sometime in the game. But we will never know.

I do know that the current and past production team of Square loved FF9 the most and the current production team really wants to make a spinoff or a remake of nine (PLEASE DON'T! Look at what they did to Seven, I'd be pissed if they did that to nine). They actually were working on making FF9 for PS2, with voices and everything but the project was shut down I think mainly becasue of the fan base that was created from it was miniscule compared to the ones of 7 and 8.
Posted Image

Nolls

Sun And Steel
30 Aug 2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/36121 - 1st point is an attempted analysis of Necron, I found it pretty interesting, someone clearly payed a lot more attention than I did when they played it.

To be honest I didn't actually have a problem with Necron when he just seemed to some random "Big-bad" popping out of nowhere, he definitely had more Last Boss feel to him than Kuja did.
good read!

Jenks

Not a fan of Necron either, Could have just made Kuja harder, cause to me it felt like defeating kuja throughout the game was the main goal to end with...although the analysis Sun and Steel posted did give me a better explanation on to why he was there in the first place...
Posted Image

Home site: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Lionheart_forums

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Final Fantasy IX · Next Topic »
Add Reply