Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
aReimagining; Final Fantasy Desperately Needs It
Topic Started: 5 Aug 2009, 12:06 PM (216 Views)
IfritExplicit

Final Fantasy, FINAL? Really? They've been too secure with their style for so long. So long, that it kind of seems like every new FF really is the same FINAL fantasy as the last, I know there are loads of differences between all of them, but there are also loads of similarities, maybe that's what we cling to? I am not sure but I for one would like to see new takes on just everything that is final fantasy, a revamping from the very first building block of concepts in this series upward.

So many Fantasy type things they could do--Mythology is also susceptible to producing excellent final fantasy titles.
What kinda Final Fantasy would you like to see?

Norse Mythology [Can you imagine a final fantasy style RAGNAROK BATTLE against Fenrir and the other titans for the peace or destruction of midgar?]

Sci Fi [STAR wars Final Fantasy style]

Modern Action [Final Fantasy mixed with Grand theft Auto Mixed with Mirror's Edge]

Dark Ages [Final Fantasy meets macabre times of depression with a glimmer of hope]

Vampires [The main character of a vampire final fantasy could so easily be a Black Mage, FIRAGA>Vampaz!!!]

This is one i'm gonna try on and not just leave to your imagination to write the story...

Final Fantasy XVII Gold Moon
the outer planets within this world every few thousand years come close enough that they share gravitational pulls, by the time this happens there is a fluke chance that our world may trade satelites, no one really knows what will happen. But all written history didn't start but a few thousand years ago.

When the Gold Moon rises for the first time, the chocobo (seemingly innocent espers of the FF realm) awaken as the largest army our world has ever seen, the purpose: unknown, the solution: unknown, and the struggle to survive: daily. Unresting and unyielding like a plague or zombie invasion, survivors are forced to constantly run or fight, giving up would only result in death. Oh yeah, and the Gold Chocobo Is behind it all, THERE IS A REASON WHY IT COULD CROSS ANY OBSTACLE IN FINAL FANTASY 7, BECAUSE IT CAN EVEN CROSS THE MANY WALLS OF SEPARATION THAT GUARD ABSOLUTE CONSCIOUSNESS, THE GOLDEN CHOCOBO BELIEVES IN IT'S HIGHEST KNOWLEDGE THAT THE DESTRUCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE WOULD END ALL EVIL. AND THAT HE AND HIS SIMPLE MINDED RACE MAY LIVE IN COMPLETE PEACE FOR THE REST OF THEIR YEARS TO COME.

\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Turk
Member Avatar
Charmless Man

Damn maybe I am crazy but the gold chocobo idea is possibly the best one on that list.

When I first signed up to FFF one of my first ideas was for a Dynasty Warriors style RPG where you actually run around in battle and fight that way (kind of like a slower DMC, or better yet a 3D Castlevania Symphony of the Night). Then Square blatantly stole my idea, or was inspired by my thread in games like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XII. And you know what? I hated it.

I always moan that the Final Fantasy series is the same game over and over again, but the minute the try something different I bitch about it "not being Final Fantasy!" I don't really know what I want from this series, but I'll know when I see it.

As for your ideas;

Quote:

Norse Mythology [Can you imagine a final fantasy style RAGNAROK BATTLE against Fenrir and the other titans for the peace or destruction of midgar?]

I don't really know much about Norse mythology but Fenrir, Rangnarok and Odin have all been used as summons.

Quote:

Sci Fi [STAR wars Final Fantasy style]

Didn't we already have this with FF XII? I am sure we also had it with Rogue Galaxy? And damn sure know we had it with SW: KOTOR.

Quote:

Modern Action [Final Fantasy mixed with Grand theft Auto Mixed with Mirror's Edge

Dear god no. If you had said Mirror's Edge I may have said, hmmm, but GTA while fantastic has already inspired many series' to their doom. Tony Hawk and Need for Speed went "Underground" due to GTA. Jak II was probably influenced by it. Urban settings are right up there with "Sewers, The Docks and World War II" as locations I NEVER want to see in a game again.

Quote:

Dark Ages [Final Fantasy meets macabre times of depression with a glimmer of hope]

I'd say that was the best idea of the bunch here.

Quote:

Vampires [The main character of a vampire final fantasy could so easily be a Black Mage, FIRAGA>Vampaz!!!]

I'm gonna say no to the FF vampire game, but there is no reason whatsoever why vampires couldn't be in an FF game. Vampires are just as much entrapped in mythology as goblins and dragons.

If I were to make a fantasy game, I would probably have them included. I don't know what setting I'd use, but I know the Midgar, or Alexandra of the piece would be based on, and look like, late 19th Century London (due to my fascination with Spring Heeled Jack & Jack The Ripper), with little bits of the 17th Century thrown in (Elizabethan times, plague, fire, Charles II/Titus Oates, Guy Fawkes, British Civil War etc) and a lot of Edward II for plot arcs thrown in for good measure.
[RPGData:75|1|-39|25|8|8|28|8|Fire Sword|Wing Armor|Assassin|0|None|None|0|1|0|0|None|1|None|None]Posted Image
Posted Image
Shark Pig and Piggy Shark Fan!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Final Fantasy Den · Next Topic »
Add Reply